• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

NFL (Pats Still Rule)

wiley1

Reaction score
I think it takes more than a couple great seasons in order for anybody to be called great.

We will have to watch Brady and see what he can do without a great supporting cast (if that will ever happen).

I think the true measure of a great quaterback is how well they last through their career. If he can't stay great for most of his career than he is just another one hit wonder.

And the other supposedly great qb Trent Green; the whole reason why KC did great last year was one man DANTE HALL.

I watched a lot of KC's games last year (and i freaking hate KC) just to see what that dude was going to pull off next.

coclarkson

Reaction score
winning percectage is a team stat, not an individual stat. if you want to compare qb stats look at completion percentage and touchdown passes. a great qb needs to complete his passes and get the ball into the endzone. nobody did that better than montana. brady's career has a similar start but he has a long way to go to be considered as good or better. as for Marino, he isn't overrated but his numbers are. he has most of the records but i would still take elway montana, young, favre, and a couple others before him. he never had a running game thus he threw 30-40 passes a game. and to point out the obvious, if you throw more than everyone, you're going to have more yards and tds than everyone.

Gray Fo

Reaction score
Yeah, well not all of those other Quaterbacks had Drew Bledsoe to learn his first 4 years.

And I automatically put Aikmen over Marino simply because of the three rings. It's not a knock against Marino, and you can say what you want about the support, the fact still remains.

Kite2DaBoyz305

Reaction score
gray fo ur crazy marino is the best quarterback to play the game and cmon aikman there aint no argument that marino is better....the record book says it all

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
coclarkson said:
winning percectage is a team stat, not an individual stat. if you want to compare qb stats look at completion percentage and touchdown passes. a great qb needs to complete his passes and get the ball into the endzone. nobody did that better than montana. brady's career has a similar start but he has a long way to go to be considered as good or better. as for Marino, he isn't overrated but his numbers are. he has most of the records but i would still take elway montana, young, favre, and a couple others before him. he never had a running game thus he threw 30-40 passes a game. and to point out the obvious, if you throw more than everyone, you're going to have more yards and tds than everyone.
Coclarkson I know that winning percentage is a team stat, But you tell that to ESPN, where I got the stat from. And yes he may not be considered "Great" to you guys but to me he is the best, besides Mike Vick. If you have ever seen the New England Patriots NFL Films Superbowl Video, there was a part where Tedy Bruschi was talking about the when the panthers tied it up with something like 1:30 left and some guys we getting antsy on the sideline, but he was not worried he was telling his teamates,"Don't worry, we have Tom Brady. Tom Brady is on our team."
He knows how good Tom is. Dispite what you wonderful people say(jealous?),you do too.

Kite2DaBoyz305

Reaction score
alrite gray u kno y aikmen had 3 rings or w/e...who was his running back again? i forgot his name #22....marino never had a decent running back never and he alqays had mediocore WR...remeber O.J Mcduffy u prolly dont well that was his best WR he had for a while and he had decent defenses never anythin overpowering excpept himself thats y he never won

Kite2DaBoyz305

Reaction score
as for brady hes a really good qb but i dont see him as another marino or montana ill take payton manning over him anyday...i forgot the statis on ty long did the patriots lose him yet? if they did or if they do there fucked that guy makes such a big impact on their defense so sorry to say but the patriots aint gonna be no 16-0 who do u think they r the '72 dolphins...remeber offense wins games DEFENSE wins championships...cuz ill tell u right now if the patriots lose ty long they will never stop the chiefs offense

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
Kite2DaBoyz305 said:
as for brady hes a really good qb but i dont see him as another marino or montana ill take payton manning over him anyday...i forgot the statis on ty long did the patriots lose him yet? if they did or if they do there fucked that guy makes such a big impact on their defense so sorry to say but the patriots aint gonna be no 16-0 who do u think they r the '72 dolphins...remeber offense wins games DEFENSE wins championships...cuz ill tell u right now if the patriots lose ty long they will never stop the chiefs offense
Even though he grew up idolizing him,Tom Brady is not the next Joe Montana, there will never be another Joe Cool. But he is the first Tom Brady, and that is good enough. Peyton Manning is good, Tom Brady is better. Ty Law stopped crying about being underpaid, he is cool with Coach Belichick again. The Patriots might not go 16-0, but they sure will kick the Dolphins ass.

Kite2DaBoyz305

Reaction score
im a huge fin fan but ill give credit when credit is due and yes the patriots r gonna woop us..this season aint lookin to good for the dolphins but who knows

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Oh wow, This is what i get for falling asleep, Im missing a great arguement.. hehe

Of dan marino and troy aikman, Marino is by far the better QB. Marino never had the supporting cast the Aikman had, he never had a good running game, His O-line was never as big, even his D wasnt as strong as aikmans, yet he throughout is career, he threw the ball all over the place, all over any D he faced. Marino never could get that ring due to lack of talents his team had. Yes he was on some really good teams, but they were missing a few links. Dan has proven to be the better qb, just look at all the records he has his name on. Almost any QB coulda won in dallas those years. Ya i remember Mc DUffy , but Marino also at the begining had mark duper, who i thought to be a good reciever, and later in his career he had some other guy, wut was his name.. I forgot it at the moment But he seemed to be the go to guy.

As for tom brady...The next Joe? Maybe he comes close, But I see it when hes retired and young Qbs are coming up, they will say the next tom brady. The way peyton has been playing, he will rank right up there as well

coclarkson

Reaction score
Marino had the "marks brothers" mark duper and mark clayton

Peyton Manning is on pace to shatter all of Marinos records. he may end up being the greatest ever. just depends on whether he gets a ring or not. how does the top 5 qbs of all time stack up in your opinion?

mine would go like this:
1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. John Elway
4. Brett Favre
5. Dan Marino

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
All-Time Top 5 Quarterbacks, thats a tough one. Your list seems pretty good coclarkson. It is hard to judge the greatness of a player you have only seen old footage of like Unitas, Bradshaw, Layne, Dawson, or Starr. My List may be a little biased because of my lack of knowledge of the old players, But it goes a little something like this:

-----------#1. Joe Montana------------
-----------#2. John Elway-------------
-----------#3. Terry Bradshaw--------
-----------#4. Brett Farve-------------
-----------#5. Dan Marino-------------
------------------------------------------

coclarkson

Reaction score
No way that I would put Bradshaw in the top 5, not even the top 20. yes he has 4 super bowl wins and 2 super bowl mvp's but his team won because the steelers had the greatest defense of all time throughout the '70's. his career numbers: 27,975 pass yards 212 td passes 210 ints and a career completion percentage of 51.9 which is horrible. he's known for his postseason greatness but in 19 career playoff games he has 30 td passes and 26 ints. his completion pct is 57.2, hardly spectacular. I don't even think that he should be in the hall of fame. here is my next 5 best.

6. Steve Young
7. Otto Graham
8. Fran Tarkenton
9. Peyton Manning
10.Bart Starr

Kite2DaBoyz305

Reaction score
hold up elway b4 marino???? Y? and in the top 5 i would sub joe namath for bradshaw.....
1. dan marino
2. joe montana
3. john elway
4. joe namath
5. brett favre

BJ4015

Respected Member
Reaction score
First of all Marino is the greatest pure QB that has ever played the game.
Tom Brady is a winner, I will admit that, but he is alot like Kurt Warner was with the fact that he has tremendous amount of talent around him. The talent around those guys make them seem better than they really are. Granted the ultimate goal in football is to win the Super Bowl, but not once has one person won a super bowl by himself. It takes a team and I have no doubt if Bledsow never got hurt, he would have two ring right now also and Tom Brady would still be holding a clipboard.

As far as who's better Aikmen or Marino. All you have to do is ask the one person who would know better than anyone, Jimmy Johnson. As a matter of fact they did on Sportscenter when he was in the Budweiser Hot Seat. He said Troy is a great player and he loved him but Danny is the Greatest who has ever put on pads.

Top 5 pure QB's of all time
1) Marino
2) Tarkentain
3) Elway
4) Montana
5) Farve

and one day Peyton Manning will be in that list.

Marino records:

TD passes in a career 420
Most sasons leading the leagues in Attempts 5
Most Passing Attempts in a career 8,358
Most sasons leading the leagues in Completions 6
Most passes completed in a career 4,967
Most seasons leading the league in yards gained 5
Most Yards Gained in a Career 61,361
Most seasons 3,000 yards passing in a career 13
Most Yards gained in a season 5,084
Most games 400 yards or more passing in a career 13
Most games 400 yards or more passing in a season 4 & second with 3 nobody else has more than two
Most consecutive 400 yards or more passing in a game 2
Most games of 300 yards passing in a career 63
Most TD passes in a season 48 & 2nd place with 44
Most Games, Four or More Touchdown Passes, Career 21
Most Games, Four or More Touchdown Passes, in a season 6 and 2nd with 5
Most Consecutive Games, Four or More Touchdown Passes 4

That's 17 individual records which is probably also a record, if you still don't think he is #1 than you are just an idiot.

coclarkson

Reaction score
Manning will own all of those records by the time he's done. John Elway and Dan Marino had pretty much the same problems. no running back and a lack of talent around him. but Elway still got his team to 3 super bowls in the 80's while marino only got there once. Montana smoked them both.

Kite, no way Namath is in the top 5. just like Bradshaw, he's more famous for his comercials and his guarantee to win sb 3 than he is for his career as a qb. his stats are worse than Bradshaws. he was constantly injured. 27,663 passing yards, 173 td passes 220 ints and a 50.1% completion percentage. he threw more ints than tds in 11 of his 13 seasons. 50 more ints than tds, horrible.

Kite2DaBoyz305

Reaction score
ha ha ha i luv it BJ4015...finally some1 who knows there stats and wuts important about a QB....#13 all the way

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
I have no doubt in my mind that marino is one of the best.. but you have fran tarkentain at number 2....The top 2 are from qbs that just didnt have wut it took to win a damn superbowl... sorry, I dont care how many records a guy holds, its all for not if theres no title with all that...

1. Montana
2. Marino
3. Elway

The rest in my opinion dont matter, theres to many to choise from of who would round out the top 5. No doubt if Marino won a title, Hed be Number 1 all time. Remember, Thats all amrino ever really did was pass, Montana and Elway had decent running games...

Maybe Bledsoe does win that title game against the rams, no way does he win another, hes putting up yards, but thats it, hes next to done with. Belichek knew this, Why do you think he kept Brady in there when Drew healed. And ultimatly picked Brady over Bledsoe...

Namath makes my all time goofyest QB list for being drunk and hitting on that reporter chick on National TV, Bradshaw makes that list to, but not the all time greatest QBs list