• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Rare/Uncommon/Regional Sports

cableguy

Reaction score
after a few discussions, i decided to create a thread for sports/games that one part of the world may have, but the rest of the world is unaware of...

this can be a place where outdoor games, lumberjacking, gaelic football, aussie rules football, rugby, cricket, horseshoes, or whatever other sport/game that the rest of the world may not know much about or even be aware of at all...

please leave f1 racing, soccer, American football, basketball, baseball, and hockey to the threads that already exist, or create a new one...

during a trip to Ireland, i learned of something called gaelic football... it is a hybrid game combining soccer and aussie rules football, and perhaps some other elements as well... though i hate soccer, i found this game to be quite entertaining and easy to follow...

same trip, i also watched my first full game of aussie rules football... i had seen snippets before, but never a complete game... again, very entertaning, though i am still confused about some of the rules and scoring...

sadly, neither of these is available much, if at all, in the US currently... :(

The Chief

Reaction score
How many of you know rink hockey? These four countries basically dominate the sport, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Argentina, the others just make up the numbers. The next world championship will be held in San Jose in August. I'm not really into it, I'm just mentioning it because it's the only sport Portugal can win at :lol:

Couple a links,
http://www.inf.fh-dortmund.de/rollhockey/CIRH_Haupt.htm International ruling body
http://en.cerh.info/index.php European comitee

Last edited:

Gibson

Reaction score
Has anyone played Calvinball? It's really fun, but kind of hard to set up, and the rules take a while to explain.

moxdevil

Reaction score
Whats that really gay-looking sport that has people running around in semi-gridiron gear throwing balls via a net on the end of a stick at a net. Seen it in some films like American Pie, craziest and gayest shit i have ever seen. :mrgreen:

cableguy

Reaction score
mox, i believe you are referring to lacrosse... a game that recently started a pro league here in the States, and that draws about the same number of people as a soccer game here... somewhat fun to watch, but you could fit the crowd into a beach ball...

Zinista

Koalas & Kangaroos kill people
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
moxdevil said:
Whats that really gay-looking sport that has people running around in semi-gridiron gear throwing balls via a net on the end of a stick at a net. Seen it in some films like American Pie, craziest and gayest shit i have ever seen. :mrgreen:
Where's Scottbritt to bite at that one when you need him! lol

Anyways Aussie Rules is very popular down here at the moment, the only thing its lacking is international exposure/competion.. Like Cable said, the Gaelic football guys play the Aussie Rules guys in a 3 game series anually but thats about it... I do believe the AFL (Australian Football League) have had exhibition games in the US aswell as Japan or China..

tima

Reaction score
cableguy said:
same trip, i also watched my first full game of aussie rules football... i had seen snippets before, but never a complete game... again, very entertaning, though i am still confused about some of the rules and scoring...

sadly, neither of these is available much, if at all, in the US currently... :(

Aussie Rules (AFL) is easily the best spectator sport in my opinion, and easily one of the most brutal. I am a biased Aussie though, but I have watched and enjoy many of the main sports from around the world.

check out this page - it has all the best goals and marks from each week, and the eventual winners for goal and mark of the year for 2004
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=motygoty04
(especially check rounds 11 for marks)

Speaking of Aussie Rules...
Did anyone else see Nathan Brown's injury a few weeks back, man that's gotta be up there for the most sickening I've seen in a major sport.
There's 2 videos of it at the following link, but be warned it's not for the squeamish, these videos don't show worst camera angles captured which were a more side-on angle where you can see his leg bend 90 degrees, or the after shot when the opposition player gets up - those two angles were really hard too watch...
http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/subscribers/
(you need to register at the forum, but it's free and doesn't need email activation)

There's always a shitload of injures pretty much every weekend in afl, but the most exciting parts are the marks and goals. I got a dvd of Gary Ablett (who was IMO and many others, the best player ever) - its available to buy online - he's got some pretty amazing highlights.

=EDIT=
Found a couple of pics - sorry about the GettyImages waterwark - I'm a member, but they wont disappear.

Mark of the year 2004:

Should have been mark of the year 2004:

(this player ran from where the ball was kicked with his back to the ball before jumping - if you're wondering how he got in that position)

Last edited:

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I saw the pics of the injury to Nathan Brown and it was pretty brutal...

Anyone else have any other sports in mind??

Ankit Pande

Reaction score
Kabaddi

Kabaddi

I have seen this game being played in the Indian Subcontinent ..... the game includes 2 teams of 20 or less and each team has its court with a central line. One player from one of the teams crosses the line and goes in and has to touch one fo the players and run back to the court. If he touches one of his opponents, the "opponent" team has to restrain the guy, prevent him from crossing the line ... more of wrestle him and restrain him. This all has to be done by the person in one breath, if he loses breath he has to return. And if he loses breath after being caught he is out of the game and the opponents send their player into the other team.

Returning safely to your own court after touching the opponentm, one of the "out" players comes back.

So u win the game after u lose all of your players or lose a certain number of players.

I loved this game ... u get to wrestle and u play it on mud .... it is a wild game.
:D

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah I've seen it before on ESPN... It's definitely a wild game, not too dissimilar to Dodge Ball really with the idea of out players being able to come back again..

Ankit Pande

Reaction score
Kabaddi

Its a really old game ... probably played even before dodge ball existed ... and its the main game for police officers in the Indian Subcontinent.

Some people are trying to get Kabaddi to be an Olympic game .... we might see it maybe in the next few years.

tima

Reaction score
Not a weird game, but what about Netball, or especially Mixed Netball. Netball is the most played team sport in Australia - it hardly rates on TV though. I don't know of a national/international mixed netball comp, but Mixed Netball is very popular with amateur or non-sports people. It's a lot of fun to play too - though more boring when watching. At the top level or international level, Womans Netball is popular in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies and others I can't remember, it's played in the Commonwealth Games (Women's Netball only), so probably the same countries as Cricket. Men's netball however is the opposite, my brother played men's netball for our state - the players had to pay for everything (including interstate travel). Netball can be extremely quick - quicker than Basketball, especially Men's Netball cos they can't dribble, but they don't stop to throw the ball either like the netball you normally or used to see.
It's good to be able to play a sport with girls too ;)

Last edited:

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I filled in on a social work team and I hated every second I was on the court!! lol I think it was because I'm used to a bit of physical contact like on the soccer field and I was getting pinned by the netball umpire for contact every 20 seconds! Never again!

moxdevil

Reaction score
cableguy said:
what is this thing you call netball??? :)

A game very similar to basketball, only its played by girls and Australians. ;) All participants wear a skirt (including Australian men) :fag: , are not allowed to travel with the ball, and have set positions.

Zinista

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
The English try and play the game too but the men get pissed off because they have to wear skirts that are regulation size and not the mini's they wear at home... :D

moxdevil

Reaction score
Zinista said:
The English try and play the game too but the men get pissed off because they have to wear skirts that are regulation size and not the mini's they wear at home... :D

hahaha wondered how long it would take for a reply. :lol: Tell you what though those mini's don't half chafe. :fag:

joeramdom

Reaction score
Rugby League

Rugby league (not to be confused with Rugby) is huge in the Eastern states of Australia. its by far the most popular winter sport in new south wales and queensland. its also popular in england, new zealand, france and all the pacific countries (its actually the national sport in papua new guinea)
its a little bit like american football in that the aim is to get the ball over the line at the other end of the field but apart from that its very different.
They dont wear padding like in gridiron so it gets pretty brutal sometimes and there are a lot of injuries but its hugely entertaining.

Anyone interested in watching a game can by going to:

http://www.nrl.com/bigpond/video.cfm

i reccommend watching one of the recent state of origin games (New South Wales vs Queensland). its by far the highest standard rugby league game anywhere in the world. its kinda like the equivalent of superbowl in terms of publicity, at least within the 2 states involved.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to gloat a bit here. My alma mater just won the National Concrete Canoe Race for the third year in a row. I actually helped with this project a few years ago but that was the first year the University became involved.

https://www.asce.org/inside/nccc2005/winners.cfm

Way to go Badgers!

cableguy

Reaction score
i saw that televised on espn or discovery... not sure which... it was a couple years back, but quite a hoot... :)

does anyone know if the afl has any web simulcast available??? it seems to be about the only way i can think of to watch more than a week in review... i would much rather watch an entire game... thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide...