• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Anyone has an idea to shut down updates in Vista?

blondie32

Reaction score
Im sorry to bother you with this.....

Ive had so much trouble after the automatic updates have started and the machine hangs and hangs when i shut it down.... so i loose patience and manually shut it down and then things are really slow and dont work properly.

Anyone else had this problem?

I tried to look for a place to shut of the automatic updates but I cant find it as easy as in XP?

This problem with the hanging has happened like 3-4 times and has taken 3-4 days before things are back to normal..... I have never been a fan of Vista, but now i just wanna buy every copy there is and burn them on a big, BIG fire!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance if anyone out there can help, I just cant help myself to give up on finding solutions myself when it comes to Vista.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
microsoft is on a mission to make everything automatic, so the chances of disabling anything are probably slim.

i don't have vista, but i think thats the direction they're moving in.

blondie32

Reaction score
Youre kidding me, right??

Off course there must be a way of turning updates off!! I understand that youre totally anti Microsoft, but do you really believe what you just said?

As far as i know Microsoft, there is always a way.... you just have to know how!!! So please ppl..... if any of you know..... please helpl!:)

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
calm down, don't get your panties in a knot. i'm not "anti-microsoft". it was just a simple statement, and i do believe it to be true. there may be a way to turn it off NOW, but i was speaking more about the direction of the future

the reason for this is simply because the majority of computer users are in fact, unqualified to own/operate their computer. left to their own devices, they will not run updates, nor protect their computer in any way. this is how worms and viruses get spread. so the result is that microsoft has to install the updates for you. and if they let everyone turn it off, then it would be the same as before.

i don't think microsoft necessarily wants to take over the world, but i do think that they are trying to have as much control over windows as possible.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
without vista in front of me....

start > (in start search) type in "update", click on "windows update" under programs. Once you are there, I am sure you can find it...

As for bad updates...

933566 could cause you to lose internet, while 935280 has been known to be a issue with some people.

As for your hanging problem....

Do it always happen? If it does try safemode and see if it will hang on a shutdown/reboot there. If it does not, do a clean boot and find the problem application.

In addition (for fun)

start > cmd, right click on CMD > run as admin > sfc /scannow.

and yes, vista sucks.

blondie32

Reaction score
Thank you, Ill try that.... sounds like it might work.

And Cman, Im sorry if I sounded a little hush.... that was not my intention.

Thank you both for replying and helping!:)

I will let you know if it works.

blondie32

Reaction score
Hi Ultralisk. Youre way got me where I wanted to get..... I had been there before but then i just hooked off "ask me before updates get installed" and the microsoft update was on.

Now I hope I got it turned of for good, and also turned off microsoft updates!:)

I just get confused because of the language... I work/study with the english version of XP and I am a network administrator (believe it or not;)) but my Vista is norwegian and its not exactly streamlined like the english version is when it comes to figure out where to go all the time!

I have to learn to use the command prompt more.... I have always sworn to use the menues (on local machines) but I understand now that I just fool myself!:)

And to chinku_pentu, youre way is for XP, its not that easy in Vista.... they have turned things around in a weird way!:(

But again.... thank you all for replying and helping!!!!:) Hopefully Vista will not override me now and let me fuck up another day of waiting for updates to get installed..... now I just want to wait for service pack 1!!!! and 2!! and I guess 3, 4 etc before they change things again!!

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I guess there's no room for philosophy in the tech forum. I should have stuff to the details lol