• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Blue Screen of Death and mpeg videos

HOBBAM

Reaction score
For whatever reason I can no longer view .mpg and some .mpeg video files. When I try to view any files in that format, I get the "Blue Screen of Death" as they call it. I have no problems playing avi, wmv, mov, divx, flv, it's just mpgs and some mpegs that bring up the blue screen of death.

I noticed this primarily after installing updated drivers recently for my nvidia graphics card. After speaking with nvidia, I tried several things including uninstalling the drivers, removing all nvidia drivers, installing a newer version of the drivers, then tried an older version of the drivers, updated/flashed my BIOS....and still no luck.

It's only when I completely uninstall the drivers that I am able to view the mpgs and some mpegs. I don't know why that is...but as I said, I had no problems before the install of viewing mpgs and mpegs.

Here is the STOP CODE from the Blue Screen of Death if anyone has any suggestions or help.

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0XBD07A790, 0XABE9EB2C, 0X00000000)

nv4_disp.dll ADDRESS BD07A790 base at BD012000

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I know the nv4_disp.dll is the graphics card and all of this is based on the updated drivers i installed.

wasnt me

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
What program are you using to view the mpg files? Does changing the program make a difference? Have you tried the VLC Media Player?

If that does not work, then try finding an older version of the driver online or use the roll back feature in the Hardware Manager in Windows. You can also try system restore to an earlier date before you tried upgrading the driver for the video card.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
What program are you using to view the mpg files? Does changing the program make a difference? Have you tried the VLC Media Player?

If that does not work, then try finding an older version of the driver online or use the roll back feature in the Hardware Manager in Windows. You can also try system restore to an earlier date before you tried upgrading the driver for the video card.

I use Windows Media Player to play all mpeg/mpg files....as I do with avi and wmv files. I never had a problem before with mpg/mpeg. I did try using other players and the blue screen still comes up. i took some avi's and converted them to mpg to have some newer mpg files, after trying to fix the problem and the same blue screen came up.

I did try as I mentioned an older version of the driver, and even the oldest version I could find, and no luck.

I've been through several uninstalls and installs of the driver so I don't know if the rollback feature would work now. For whatever reason I can't do a system restore. My system says it can't do it.

So I'm not sure what I can do at this point. I would hate if my mpgs/mpegs were corrupted because of this.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I don't know if it will help as it sounds like a driver issue, but try getting a good codec pack. I am a huge fan of nemo's codec pack vertion 9.*(cant remember all of it)If you do find it read the info with it as there are two codecs you dont want, bi-something resizer, and g 600.(it tells you in info at begining of install and this is not compleat or correct spellings of codec, just enuff to possibly find them) there is also the k-lite codec pack witch I think is crap, but others swear by it.

it is a long shot, but worth a try. If that dose not work I would suggest a new vid card if you realy love your vids.

Before all that tho I would make sure your pc isn't bugged. there is a security software thread where some good free software can be found here in tech talk.
http://www.nudecelebforum.com/t10138-useful-links-computer-security-spyware-spam-etc.html

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I don't know if it will help as it sounds like a driver issue, but try getting a good codec pack. I am a huge fan of nemo's codec pack vertion 9.*(cant remember all of it)If you do find it read the info with it as there are two codecs you dont want, bi-something resizer, and g 600.(it tells you in info at begining of install and this is not compleat or correct spellings of codec, just enuff to possibly find them) there is also the k-lite codec pack witch I think is crap, but others swear by it.

it is a long shot, but worth a try. If that dose not work I would suggest a new vid card if you realy love your vids.

Before all that tho I would make sure your pc isn't bugged. there is a security software thread where some good free software can be found here in tech talk.
http://www.nudecelebforum.com/t10138-useful-links-computer-security-spyware-spam-etc.html

it was bad drivers.

For whatever reason I cant upgrade to the latest drivers Nvidia has to offer.....so I had to go back to a driver that came out 2 YEARS AGO....because anything between that time and now, will cause the blue screen of death.

I don't know why that is the case, the nvidia people are looking into it, but haven't produced a real answer or resoultion

my concern is upgrading the graphics card and having the same issue continued.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
If it is a driver specific crash then new hardware will use different software, or if same software it will be using different hardware. I still recommend a new vid card. As long as you buy it new you can always take it back.

Usually in my experience in a situation like this that can't be explained and dose not make seance there is some sort of adware, spyware, or virus to blame. Even it the infection is fixed they still leave "wholes" and changed code. If you have multi hard drives move everything you want to non-operating system hard drive and then reinstall you operating system.

Of course if the old drivers work and they don't cause problems with anything else you do with your pc then I guess your fixed.

ppchaser

Reaction score
if you say it's not a codec issue, a software issue; and you've done all you can with the drivers.. maybe it's time for a professional to take a look at it?