• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Runtime Error 217

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I keep getting this lately:

Runtime error 217 at (number/letter code changes each time)

I did some research on the issue, tried to reset my browser settings and tried a couple other options, but still get the error at times.

Don't know what the cause could be. Ran all spyware programs and nothing came up.

Any suggestions

Stus

Reaction score
Which version are you using, 7 or 8
Also, did you update Norton recently (if you have it)

ptb_666777

Reaction score
need more info plz

also try malewarebytes.org decent spyware program (never to many)

all else fails try reinstalling Browser (assuming it is browser issue)

HOBBAM

Reaction score
need more info plz

also try malewarebytes.org decent spyware program (never to many)

all else fails try reinstalling Browser (assuming it is browser issue)

Ran malewarebytes. Got nothing. Ran CCleaner, to clean the temp and the registry and would still get error code.

I have IE8....which may be the issue. I didn't come up in 7. Don't think I updated Norton.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I advise Firefox. IE gets hit hard.

If I had to guess (and I am) it is a script error, where something that was there that is now not is being referenced. I'd say most likely from something you already cleaned up, but part of some code still says do this too, but what it is supposed to do was dirty and is gone. Just a guess tho.

If you have to keep IE try uninstalling and reinstalling it. then try updating it as fare as you can.

Hope I helped.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I advise Firefox. IE gets hit hard.

If I had to guess (and I am) it is a script error, where something that was there that is now not is being referenced. I'd say most likely from something you already cleaned up, but part of some code still says do this too, but what it is supposed to do was dirty and is gone. Just a guess tho.

If you have to keep IE try uninstalling and reinstalling it. then try updating it as fare as you can.

Hope I helped.

I use both IE and Firefox. I think it might have been due to the update from 7 - 8. I'm not sure. I will try to see about uninstalling 8. I don't know whether it kicks it back to 7 or not?

Another thing of serious concern is that I keep getting hit with, that might be a related issue is this particular Trojan.Pideif.C , D, E, and F. It has to do with the Acrobat Reader, and I'm not sure what to do about that. I've changed from Firewall settings to block Acrobat, but I still get hit with the Trojan...fortunately

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hobbam,

I use both IE and Firefox. I think it might have been due to the update from 7 - 8. I'm not sure. I will try to see about uninstalling 8. I don't know whether it kicks it back to 7 or not?

Quit using IE (whatever version). There are too many security holes in it. I only use IE for Windows Update. Nothing more as its just too dangerous.

Another thing of serious concern is that I keep getting hit with, that might be a related issue is this particular Trojan.Pideif.C , D, E, and F. It has to do with the Acrobat Reader, and I'm not sure what to do about that. I've changed from Firewall settings to block Acrobat, but I still get hit with the Trojan...fortunately

Do a Google search on the trojan. There's a lot of info out there on it and it seems to not be too difficult to get rid of. Here's one site with some info:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=14388

Good luck.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it knocks it back to previous version, I would uninstall all back to 5 or 6 (idk witch is original)then re-update them. I agree with mindido ie is poop. part of that code I was talking about before may instruct ie to redownload that virus. It is hard to tell from a far. If you keep getting hit wid it then you know something is telling it to re download. It could even have a parent program that reinstalls it from somewhere on your hard drive.

When In dout, format and reinstall windows. Works every time.

It is not acrobat, but something pretending to be it as it is a commonly used program.

good luck.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it knocks it back to previous version, I would uninstall all back to 5 or 6 (idk witch is original)then re-update them. I agree with mindido ie is poop. part of that code I was talking about before may instruct ie to redownload that virus. It is hard to tell from a far. If you keep getting hit wid it then you know something is telling it to re download. It could even have a parent program that reinstalls it from somewhere on your hard drive.

When In dout, format and reinstall windows. Works every time.

It is not acrobat, but something pretending to be it as it is a commonly used program.

good luck.

Regarding the Trojan Pidief's...C and F.

- My antispy software said it BLOCKED them. They were in the form of pdf files and they were in my Temp folder.

- I cleared my Temp folder out and also used CCleaner too.

I also had some Intrusion Attempts but those were BLOCKED too.

I've run FULL SYSTEMS scans using Norton 360, MalwareBytes, Spybot, and found nothing....then used CCleaner to clean up everything again.

No viruses or anything malicious was detected.

Runtime Error 217

- Still having problems with it. It still comes up. I uninstalled IE8. Ran IE7, seemed fine, wasn't getting the error, then reinstalled IE8...PROBLEM COMES UP AGAIN.

I tried researching 217, but there are multiple instances of what RUNTIME ERROR 217 is? So I'm not sure what to do or where to start. I don't know if it's just a registry error, a program error, or one part said it "MIGHT" have been part of a left over virus......but my system has been clean and virus free since the start.

I really need to transfer files over to an external drive but don't want to comprimise that external drive because of this runtime error 217 if it's something of concern.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I would not worry about transferring files. I am almost certain your error is just the left over damage from something that is not supposed to be there. you may have gotten rid of the virus or malware that was bad, but it very easly could have changed good code. If your really worried run a online scan. look for trend micro housecall!

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I would not worry about transferring files. I am almost certain your error is just the left over damage from something that is not supposed to be there. you may have gotten rid of the virus or malware that was bad, but it very easly could have changed good code. If your really worried run a online scan. look for trend micro housecall!

I appreciate all the help by the way. Thanks.

I was just coming on to give an update, since I finished running scans.

I updated all my Virus Protection programs....

- Ran full comprehensive scans of Norton 360, AVG, Spybot, Malwarebytes....and nothing showed up. I also did scans of my system using Norton's online scanners and it said my system was not infected.

- Ran CCleaner and Clean Up to clear out the temp folder, which is seperate from the temporary internet file folder, and used CCleaner to clean up the Registry.

- I tried to use other Registry clean up programs that also clean up error messages and stuff....but most just run scans and only fix a couple issues, unless you pay a fee. Didn't know if there was a reliable free program that cleans the registry and fixes any errors?

I'm really hoping the RUNTIME ERROR 217 is just an error caused because something was installed correctly. Like I said, with IE7, I never had the problem....and only when I updated to IE8, did I start to see the issue.

Right now I'm running Win XP SP3, with 1gb of Ram (I'm updating memory soon) but don't know if IE8 can handle that...I just don't know...and whether I should just go back to IE7 until I upgrade my OS.

My primary concern was making sure I didn't have a virus, which after the scans, I don't believe I have, because I needed to transfer files to my external and didn't want my entire external infected.

But that's the update for right now.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I did notice these files in my TEMP folder. I can't seem to remove them and don't know whether they are viruses or not.

Jet appears to be a Roxio file, but I'm not sure.

JETE668.tmp

Perflib_Perfdata_3f0
Perflib_Perfdata_400
Perflib_Perfdata_eb0

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
I really don't much about this but 1 Gb of RAM seems very little.
Is your hard disk making a lot of noise if you move your mouse?