• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

UHDV - Ultra High Definition Video

MysterioX

Reaction score
UHDV - Ultra High Definition Video

- Resolution: 7,680 × 4,320 pixels!!!
- Frame rate: 60 frame/s.
- 22.2-channel audio
- 9 - above ear level
- 10 - ear level
- 3 - below ear level
- 2 - low frequency effects
-21GHz frequency band
- 600MHz, 500~600mbps bandwith

The new format is four times as wide and four times as high (for a total of 16 times the resolution) as existing HDTV, which has a maximum resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels. Because this format is highly experimental, NHK researchers had to build their own prototype from scratch. In the system demonstrated in September 2003 they used an array of 16 HDTV recorders to capture the 18-minute-long test footage. The camera itself was built with four 2.5 inch (64 mm) CCDs.

18 minutes of UHDV consumes 3.5 terabytes of data.

Preliminary response of the UHDV was somewhat negative. This was not because of the lack of the promised technology, but more in the fact that it was too good. Some viewers got motion sickness when viewing the video image because the image was so close to reality.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
MysterioX said:
18 minutes of UHDV consumes 3.5 terabytes of data.

Mysteriox,

Oh man, might be a while before that catches on. How many terrabyte size HD's are out there for the average user? And I think I'd hate to know the cost.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
3.5 TB isn't that much. its only 14 x 250 GB hard drives :lol:

is there a news article link or anything for this?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
3.5 TB isn't that much. its only 14 x 250 GB hard drives :lol:

is there a news article link or anything for this?

Cman,

So that would work out to be roughly $4,000 for HD's? Ouch!

MysterioX

Reaction score
The format, called Ultra High Definition Video, or UHDV, has a resolution 16 times greater than plain-old HDTV, and its stated goal is to achieve a level of sensory immersion that approximates actually being there.
At a picture size of 7,680 by 4,320 pixels -- that works out to 32 million pixels -- UHDV's resolution trounces even high-end digital still cameras. HDTV, by comparison, has about two million pixels, and normal TV about 200,000 (and only 480 lines of horizontal resolution versus 4,000 with UHDV).

Add to that UHDV's beefed-up refresh rate of 60 frames per second (twice that of conventional video), projected onto a 450-inch diagonal screen with more than 20 channels of audio, and you've got an impressive home theater on your hands.........................

http://tech2.nytimes.com/mem/technology/techreview.html?res=990CEED91431F930A35755C0A9629C8B63

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I thought my HDTV was pretty close to real life, so I'd probably crap my pants if I saw the UHDV

that article is asking me for a log in. oh well

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
MysterioX,

I'll be interested to see it but it makes me wonder. If I read correctly, for this to work, won't broadcasters have to upgrade all of their equipment for this to work?

Given that most stations have already paid major moolah just to upgrade to normal HDTV, won't this take at least 20 years (or so) before its economically feasible? Or implemented?

MysterioX

Reaction score
Yeah personally i think it's too far ahead for us at the moment.
I've seen HD and to be honest that's enough for me...
I can only see a good use for it at the movies and after i read what you said about 14 250gb hard drives just for a few minutes of footage its gonna be a long while until our computers can handle it and to think i tried to search for UHDV sample's on google!

If anyone else finds anymore info about it be glad to hear it.

H

hoppi

MysterioX said:
Preliminary response of the UHDV was somewhat negative. This was not because of the lack of the promised technology, but more in the fact that it was too good. Some viewers got motion sickness when viewing the video image because the image was so close to reality.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MysterioX said:
Yeah personally i think it's too far ahead for us at the moment.
I've seen HD and to be honest that's enough for me...
I can only see a good use for it at the movies and after i read what you said about 14 250gb hard drives just for a few minutes of footage its gonna be a long while until our computers can handle it and to think i tried to search for UHDV sample's on google!

If anyone else finds anymore info about it be glad to hear it.
HDTV ist also enough for me.But with time comes technology,so look out for UHDV in 2015. ;)

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
hoppi said:
HDTV ist also enough for me.But with time comes technology,so look out for UHDV in 2015. ;)

"Nobody will ever need more than 640 k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
"Nobody will ever need more than 640 k RAM!" -- Bill Gates, 1981

Cman,

LOL!!! I remember that. Wonder if he still is saying that.