• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Eliminate spam posts

Poirier2

Reaction score
I've noticed a rash of spam posts and maybe the way to defeat it is to prevent new members from posting in the celeb pic/video section until they post a hello message in another thread. Too many "1 posts" from spammers with sketchy image hosts. Most people, like me, are in such a rush we don't notice the image hoster until we've clicked on the picture. I know it's tough dealing with them, but maybe letting brand new users post isn't a good idea considering the spamming of late. I really love this forum, but I would hate for the spam to ruin it.

Poirier2

Reaction score
The exact same spam pic of Bella Thorne keeps popping up with a new user doing it. I know it's really hard running a forum, but there's a danger that spammers will take over if something isn't done to curb it. Maybe if you are a new member, all your posts are moderated first before they appear. Something like that. I love this forum and one of the best out there. I'd like it to stay that way, if possible.

desertforce

Reaction score
I've reported quite a few of those *Noob-Spamers* in the last few days and it is getting ridiculous now =( ...

Best method to stop it/them would be perhaps to upload a virus/program to their system which kills/delete the whole system ^^ ..! *Just kidding =P *

nookies

Reaction score
Are the bans done by email or ip? If it's just being done by an email the bans should probably also apply to IPs as well. If ip banning isn't the problem I guess not allowing people to post anywhere other than bullshit and discussion until they reach a certain post limit would help.

Biggest problem is the idiots that's literally clicking on them AND clicking like........

desertforce

Reaction score
Jup...

Everytime I find/see a new one he/she/it has already 2-3 Thx allthough he/she/it only joined / created the Account about 5min ago and made 1-2 posts with some pics which are trash and using link-shortners..!

Since I ve seen your 1st warning Blue I am aware of those Noob-Bob-Spamers and always try to peport and avoid them...

Greenback

Reaction score
BOC, i understand now why you messaged me and banned me for a while, just like to apologise as I took your message in the wrong way and replied flippantly but it was all something new to me. I will also now try to help by reporting these things and being more careful. Thanks for your hard work and time consuming efforts.

Pificus

Reaction score
I've been reporting as many as I see. A number of forum hosts (even free ones) have features that disallow new members to post links for set time period or until they've reached a certain post count. Others also disallow members to join with the nonsense names like spammers usually do. blueoystercult already the people running this place don't have the coding facility but I'm sure those mods will be available on some source forum out there and it should be as easy as installing them to the forum directory.

Saying that, I'm sure it'd only take spammers a day or 2 to get around it and continue doing their thing.

Pificus

Reaction score
I thought it would have been fast and simple but I don't run the forum or know the system it uses. Shame it isn't an option as it would have made life much easier for you, keep up the good work you're doing anyway.

Pificus

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to start anything with you, sorry if I came across like that because I'm reading your replies as confrontational and maybe you're not and I'm getting that wrong.

I'm saying you're doing a good job and if you've already suggessted the same thing as me it's a shame you've been told it isn't an option. Like I said I don't know what software the forum uses so I don't know if it'd be as simple as installing a module or if it would require coding it in and then fixing bugs. If the admin say it can't be done then we just have to go with their word.

I don't think there's anything else that can be done. The site is lucky in that the spammer(s) seem to be very predictable posting in the same threads with the same images. It makes them easier to spot at least so if we keep reporting and you mods keep deleting they should get bored soon enough.

twebb9

Reaction score
The bit I can't fathom no matter how hard I try.
How small must your mentality be, and how empty your life, if the best use of hours a day of your time you can find is endlessly creating new email addresses and new user profiles just to post spam that will be deleted almost immediately?
What the hell must such a loser be like?
The whole thing is incomprehensible to me.
BOC
I always look at it from a ROI perspective.
If a room full of people, probably working for meager wages, do this all day and the spam links only generate money 5% of the time, the slavedriver that set up the clickbait probably makes out ok.