• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Obituaries (R.I.P. -- Celebrity Death Announcements)

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Goddamn she was gorgeous. Too soon...

EvolutionSelene

The Resident Lady of Leisure
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
R.I.P Corey Haim

Actor Corey Haim -- best known for 80s films including License to Drive and the Lost Boys -- has died at the age of 38.

Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the actor's death to TV station KTLA.

According to police, Haim, who had past substance-abuse problems, died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an accidental overdose.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/teen-idol-corey-haim-dies-at-38/37184?nc

And I just watched Lost Boys: The Tribe. :(

EvolutionSelene

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I liked him in The Lost Boys and he was great in Lucas.

toberedagain

Reaction score
I hear he killed himself because he couldnt get a part in lost boys 2

jerseyboybastard

Reaction score
I just saw an article about his death. What a shame. I liked Lucas and the Lost Boys, but I can see why he wouldn't think too highly of The Tribe. I sure hope the overdose wasn't intentional.

I wonder how Corey Feldman is taking it.

EvolutionSelene

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
The Tribe wasn't the worst flick I've seen, but it was no where in the same league as the original. And I never got the suicidal vibe. I think it was accidental like Heath Ledger.

Feldman and him were as close as brothers, sometimes they got along and sometimes not. So I think he's probably broken up about it.

mervin

Reaction score
Yeah, I too was upset by his passing. I grew up with movies like The Lost Boys, The Watchers, Silver Bullet and License To Drive. Even Dream a Little Dream wasn't a horrible movie, but that's because Meridith Salenger was so freakin hot. In my opinion, she was the hottest chick in cinema in the late 1980's, but that's a different story.

Too bad he turned into such failure after his success in the 1980's. If you read any of the history about him, you'll learn that he basically pissed his life away the same way people like Lindsay Lohan are today - through drugs, immaturity, fiscal irresponsibility and too much partying. He was hooked on drugs through most of his adult life, and he was so unreliable as an actor that no one would hire him (hence the comparison to Lindsay Lohan). I don't think there is any evidence that he committed suicide though. Seems to me that it was an accidental overdose. Too bad. You'd think by now these Hollywood types would learn about the dangers of prescription drugs, given the fact that so many celebs seem to die as a result of using them irresponsibly. Give it a few days before the finger pointing really starts. What do you want to bet it will be less than a week before someone calls for an investigation into his acquisition of the drugs and whether or not they were prescribed responsibly? You know it's gonna happen probably.

mervin

Reaction score
Feldman and him were as close as brothers, sometimes they got along and sometimes not. So I think he's probably broken up about it.

I watched an autobiography on Corey Haim several years ago on the Biography channel and the impression I got was that they were not close later in life. I think up until they did their reality show together they hadn't maintained a close friendship in years. I never watched the reality show, so I don't know how their relationship was. However, I don't think that would change the fact that Feldman is probably tremendously upset about his passing as you say. The biography on Haim wasn't very flattering from what I remember though. They interviewed some agents and other Hollywood people who said that Haim was addicted to drugs, refused help for his problems and borrowed lots of money he never repaid. I remember paying attention to the biography because I loved 80's so much and I was a huge fan of both Cory's. It still pisses me off that those two screwed up their careers like they did. I would have liked to have seen them in more movies like Lost Boys. Speaking of the actors in that movie - other than Jamie Gertz, and the gal who plaid Jason Patrick's and Corey Haim's mom - what have any of the other actors done recently? I think Jason Patrick has pretty much killed his career by being a dink to work with. That's the rap on him anyway.

DBfan187

Reaction score
Pulmonary Edema, enlarged heart, wow this guy did way too many drugs

vercingetorix

Reaction score
Speaking of the actors in that movie - other than Jamie Gertz, and the gal who plaid Jason Patrick's and Corey Haim's mom - what have any of the other actors done recently? I think Jason Patrick has pretty much killed his career by being a dink to work with. That's the rap on him anyway.

Ed Herrman does a lot of TV work... Alex Winter is mostly doing voice work and directing (set to direct the remake of The Gate). Most of the rest seem to be acting in the occasional DTV b-flick (or nothing at all), with the exception of Kiefer of course. Jason Patric still gets pretty good roles. If he's working infrequently, I have to assume that it's because he's choosing to. He had a guest-starring role on Entourage where he poked fun at the image of him being a pain in the ass actor, so I guess he has a sense of humor about it. He's got a big part in the film adaptation of The Losers, which is a really good comic book series. He's definitely the best actor of the bunch.

mervin

Reaction score
Ed Herrman does a lot of TV work... Alex Winter is mostly doing voice work and directing (set to direct the remake of The Gate). Most of the rest seem to be acting in the occasional DTV b-flick (or nothing at all), with the exception of Kiefer of course. Jason Patric still gets pretty good roles. If he's working infrequently, I have to assume that it's because he's choosing to. He had a guest-starring role on Entourage where he poked fun at the image of him being a pain in the ass actor, so I guess he has a sense of humor about it. He's got a big part in the film adaptation of The Losers, which is a really good comic book series. He's definitely the best actor of the bunch.

Yeah, I probably should have included Sutherland in that list :nuts: but as we all know he's done big things. I'm an avid watcher of Entourage, but I must have missed that episode with Jason Patric. I agree with you, I always thought he was a good actor and I've always wondered why he doesn't do more. I figure it can't be because he's hard to work with. There have got to be lots of bigger headcases in Tinseltown than him.

Snapper314

Reaction score
I met her at a Glamourcon event in L.A. a few years ago. She was amazingly beautiful and devastatingly sexy in real life. The thing that really shined about her was the sincere warmth and kindness that radiated from her.

She will truly be missed.

:(

junejuly

Reaction score
Tonight is my first time hearing about this :(

It sucks, but these things happen. Just look at Anna Nicole Smith....

csice

Reaction score
She was pretty good in that movie, hopefully her family is doing well.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Oh, comon! Billy Mays? Is this a joke? Of all the famous people who died this year..Jean Simmons, John Forsythe, Fess Parker, Pernell Roberts, Peter Graves, Robert Culp, Teddy Pendergrass, Lech Kaczyski, Dixie Carter, Alexander Haig, J.D. Salinger, Jean Simmons, Brittany Murphy, Kim Peek, Lou Jacobi, Oral Roberts, Gene Barry, Paul Newman, George Carlin...etc., etc....and the list goes on. And we're sad about Billy Mays? Yeah, right. I'm all broken up...a big mouthed salesman...boo hoo!