• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

WTF is Wii??

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

Those crazy japs come up with the strangest ideas. I am midely interested in the internet capabilities and the backwards compatibility, but I'm not a big fan of the controller.

I thought it was going to be called Revolution or something?

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Revolution was the name used while the console was being designed, like the Gamecube was at one point called the Dolphin! But I have to agree they really could've chosen something better than wii I mean it's just end being called this piss-station!

mbblue27

Tim Sanchez
Reaction score
Nintendo's explanation of the name
Wii will put people more in touch with their games … and each other. But you’re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like “we,” which emphasizes this console is for everyone.
Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.
:fag: :crazy:

Connery

Reaction score
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):cool:

:rolleyes:

like selling the chevy nova in mexico :nuts:

The Chief

Reaction score
Wii sounds like “we,” which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

yes, and it also sounds like the French word for "yes", and who knows what else...do they really think that name suggests "we" in every language

Last edited:

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
no, but one thing is for sure, nintendo just made sure that EVERYONE on the internet hears about their new system and its features. a stupid name like wii managed to spread accross any website that talked about gaming/consoles within a day. nintendo couldn't have paid for better publicity for this console, now lets see if they can follow through with the sales

The Chief

Reaction score
surely any gaming site would have talked about Nintendo's new console within a day, no matter what it was called, but good point, it gets your attention for sure

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
OK so Wii yeah it's a little crazy but with E3 here we get to see this console and some of its games and hardware in action so just have a look at these new items and try not get as excited as I am...still gotta wait until October at the earliest to get our hands on what Nintendo are called the 'New Generation' console.

http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

Ulysses_31

Reaction score
Unfortunately it will sell well whatever its called. I don’t know how Nintendo keep doing it. IMO game cube was the worse console out of ps2 and Xbox. yet they sold more than Xbox. Also the DS it inferior to the PSP yet they still sell more of them too. its those weird Japanese people I’m telling ya....

MysterioX

Reaction score
I think its largly because people are always gonna want to play games like mario.....
They make fun games, nintendo are known for that, and thats why millions of people who like fun will buy one :)

I really like the fact that youll be able to download all the old N64 and super nintendo games aswell onto it.

Karifan

Reaction score
considering that the controller sucks and looks almost impossible to play, and the fact that nintendo only has very few good exclusive games (one is mario, which gets worse everytime they make a new one), i wont be buying it.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
Yeah, you can get a good look at the cow's liver by sticking your head up its ass, but I would rather just ask the butcher.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
l3lasphemer said:
Yeah, you can get a good look at the cow's liver by sticking your head up its ass, but I would rather just ask the butcher.
WHAT!!??!!?

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tommy Boy is a great movie.

mbblue27

Tim Sanchez
Reaction score
l3lasphemer said:
I hope you messed that up on purpose

If not, it's "You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
thanks blue, its still a stupid saying, but at least yours makes more sense lol

MysterioX

Reaction score
So the Nintendo Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Is officially out November 24th for approx. £149 or $277 thereabouts. I shall buy one.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
any word on if they are going to have an optional, normal controller?

i dont' really care about new games, but i think it would be cool to buy if you could play all the old games on it.