• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

NHL hockey

Red Horse

Reaction score
On the one side, you have a megalomaniacal Captain Queeg fronting for a bunch of lying, greedy owners who are only looking at the bottom line...on the other, you have a control freak (as most union leaders are) leading his blindly following (and willing) sheep to the slaughter...I say "Fuck 'em!"...Road hockey anyone?

Last edited:

war|forever

exp0sed samurai
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
SEASON COULD BE UNCANCELLED SATURDAY!!!:
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
icon4.gif

ESPN.com news services

There might be an NHL season, after all.

Several sources have told ESPN The Magazine's EJ Hradek that a deal could be imminent that would un-cancel the 2004-05 season.

The Hockey News reported Friday that the NHL and the players' association will meet Saturday in New York after the league requested the sides get together again. The Hockey News also reported the two sides had reached an agreement in principle that includes a $45 million salary cap.
IN OTHER NEWS: NOBODY GIVES A SHIT.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I think a 10 game season would be more useless than no season at all.

I have pretty much abandonned the NHL, in favor of the rest of hockey and don't know if I will even watch it anymore.

I think the collapse of the NHL is the best thing that could have ever happened to hockey as a sport, because it reminded people of what its really about.

war|forever

exp0sed samurai
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
NEVERMIND, THE NHL RE-CANCELLED THEIR SEASON AGAIN TODAY.

unbelievable.

Ryan

Reaction score
the nhl needs to just call this season quits with no controversy and start over with a clean slate next year.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Ryan said:
the nhl needs to just call this season quits with no controversy and start over with a clean slate next year.
its not quite that easy, because they still need a deal. its not like they just cancelled the season for fun, it was because they didn't have a deal.

hcliff69

Reaction score
cman said:
I have pretty much abandonned the NHL, in favor of the rest of hockey and don't know if I will even watch it anymore.
i wish it was so easy here. i dont get any other hockey around here except the occasional wisconsin game on tv. anyone have satellite that can get games besides nhl in usa?

hodgepodge

Reaction score
while i do enjoy the occasional NHL game... college hockey is infinitely better. It has a much better atmosphere when you are at games and is played in a completely different manner. I've been a big college hockey fan for years and have gone to 5 Frozen Fours (hockey's version of the final four) and loved everyone of them. The only downside to college hockey is that it isnt very easy to follow because information is hard to come by. ESPN doesnt cover it and neither does any other major sports source. You end up having to go to small web pages that are sometimes not updated or to a specific colleges webpage (but then you can only get new on that college). Anyways... I don't really know why I wrote this, but if anyone wants to talk college hockey with me, I will be more than willing to do so.

GO BLUE

bwd23

Reaction score
While I'm an avid fan of the NHL, I've had enough of the spoiled brat attitude displayed by both the owners and players alike. Baseball did themselves a huge favor a couple years back by not going on strike and are enjoying a renaissance of sorts (minus the steroid issue) The NBA should take note, most of us don't care if someone making millions of dollars wants to make a bit more. The general consensus seems to be "Screw them" from the general public. The NHL has shot itself in the foot at the very least and may have done itself in for good if this isn't resolved soon. Who's gonna pay $75.00 a ticket to watch these asses play if and when the whole issue is resolved?

Which brings me to the college hockey thing. Man it's great. You get to watch good atheletes play their asses off for 1/4 the price and there's not a bad seat in the house at most college venues. Personally I follow U of M and see several games a year at Yost Ice arena where you'd have to try to have a bad time. I've also travelled to see them play away games at other arenas throughout the state and even though some of the opposing fans can get hostile it's still a great atmosphere no matter where you go. I could go on and on but you get the point.

Reverend James

Reaction score
The "negotiations" should start addressing the NHL Lock-out like this:

Treat the NHL like a restaurant. Both sides talk about expanding markets, and selling product, etc. In the restaurant world you do exactly that. Every restaurateur ventures the capital and takes all of the financial risks trying to get as many people through his door eating his food as he can. In order to do that he must have qualified staff, good marketing, and above all a good product at a fair price. If his staff is good they will reap the benefits based on their performance by way of tips over and above a base salary or wage. If they are bad then their tip-out will reflect that at the end of the night (in an ideal situation... not accounting for assholes). The better the product, the better the reputation, the more loyal patrons... unless no one in the area gives a shit about your food. Are you going to open "Fine Middle Eastern Dining" right next to the former WTC? Not if you have a brain. So if you did, then you would go out of business. Why then is the NHL trying to open franchises in places like the Carolinas, Arizona, South Florida (Cup champs aside), Atlanta (2-time losers), etc? And knowing that warmer climates do not beget grass roots support (because it is not a part of the local culture) why do the players still expect that they can be afforded the high wages? And constant expansion has watered-down the talent pool to the point where the product and the service is sub-par. Marketing? Well, merchandising is easy. Get a few rappers to wear your jerseys and they will be everywhere, but marketing "the game" may still be an issue because "the game" sucks in its current state.

So what do we do to counter this and try to save it? We don't. We let the NHL die. We dispose of the evil leaders of the league's board of governors and the player's union. We form a league, the right way. We offer performance based contracts and only allow franchises where there are proven hockey markets because, economic mock-ups aside, we are not selling food or any other product that people can be convinced to like. We are talking about a global sport that is popular world-wide. Some areas of the world don't give a shit about hockey and never will because it is not natural to their homeland. Are you going to pay good money to go see two teams of horsemen battle to drop a dead goat into a chalk circle? Not likely. It draws them in droves in Afghanistan. More realistically, are you going to pay good money to go see professional rugby, soccer, footy, hurling, sumo, etc? Not unless it is already engrained in your culture. The game is not for sale. The game is a part of national and regional fiber to many areas of the world. The true fans of the game find it quite insulting to constantly be told that their market is unimportant because the next market over is better. We don't need more revenue to pay players more money because it increases the talent level. We have proven that fat contracts do the opposite. If players want to get paid NBA, MLB or NFL money then go play those fucking sports because you are not really in it for the right reasons. Bottom line, hockey is hockey (just like any other sport is, at its essence, a sport) and there is much more enjoyable hockey out there if you really want to watch it. The greedy NHLPA and the stupid NHL are going to have to realize that soon enough. And when they do, and the smoke clears and fans realize what they have just been put through, the game had better be back to the level it should have been all along or nothing will bring it back.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
its about time they get a cap. i mean, every other sport has one and its definetely necessary.

IHateHonda said:
Also, A group of west coast businessmen have interest in buying the Pittsburg Penguins.
lol. worst businessmen ever. i doubt they know much about hockey :lol:

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
haha yea, I dont know what they are thinking. What about the Pittsburg Penguins makes them think, " I have to have that team." Its like putting 10 bucks in to buy a one dollar soda in an 'exact change only' vending machine.

The Young One

exp0sed Fantasy Football Champ
Reaction score
Get out your brooms, bitches. Phantoms 5, whoever we made our bitch in the finals, 2. What a series. I officially declare the Phantoms the greatest minor league team in sports. The end. John Stevens, playing in the '97 Calder Cup win and coaching now. I'm calling for a repeat.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Might I be the first to say that I have a raging boner for this season and LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!! :headbang:

Red Horse

Reaction score
Nizzle said:
Might I be the first to say that I have a raging boner for this season and LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!! :headbang:

Die! (Look at my location and you'll know why :D)

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
GAME ON!

let the crosby fight to the death begin