• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Thumbnails

Jonah

Noob
Reaction score
How do you post clickable thumbnails to the forum? Sorry newbie at doing this kind of stuff.

blueoystercult

Socially Isolated Since God Was A Boy
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Speaking as a mod from the pictures section I've found that there are good and bad hosts and both come and go.
The best of the bunch for us currently is pixhost. It is fast, reliable, the links last, and if you post multiple images and select the "create gallery" option, anyone going to the gallery can download the entire thing as one zip file.
Uploading to them is simple. Go to https://pixhost.to/
The two links to most concern yourself with are Upload and Classic Upload.
Upload is the first page you'll land on. It looks like this

This is a standard drag and drop interface. Pull whatever images you want to share into the frame and release the cursor. they should all just be in there ready to go
If you navigate to classic upload you'll come to a more traditional interface with buttons where you can select individual images from specific locations. This is better suited to older browsers, slower connections or very specifically if you are uploading images from different folders where drag and drop is not practical.

Apart from the interfaces the process is identical so I'll just use drag and drop for the purpose of demonstration.
Here I am creating a new gallery for a model not currently featured on this board.
I opened the folder containing the images I wanted to post, selected them all, and dragged them into the host window

Look at the option tabs at the bottom. I know the photos contain nudity so next to "content type" I have selected "adult". I checked the "Create Gallery" box and entered a title. You can put anything you like here but I like to add full info title for a reason which we'll come to.
Now this is an important bit for this forum. To the left of the create gallery box is a small cog wheel and a settings link. Click on that and a little tab pops up that allows you to vary the size of the thumbnails.

You don't need a password to use this. You can adjust as you like. HOWEVER. This forum has rules regarding the maximum thumb size for posts with various numbers of images in them I'd advise you to read the rules carefully if you intend to vary them. In my opinion the full page looks best if all thumbs are roughly the same size and 200px is about the best catch-all size that fits in with all rule variations [unless they are catalogue posts featuring many images in which case go no bigger than 180px. For reference the images in this post are 500px but that is because it's a tutorial post and that size is good for inline viewing. I'd never use this size in an actual forum post]
When you're ok with the size click save [or just close the pop up if no adjustment is required] double chec everything and when you're happy click Start Upload. then just let the interface do its thing.
When it has finished uplaoding you will be re-directed to the gallery window like this

There is some interesting stuff on this window but for our purposes here note the links codes below the images. The one you are most interested is in the middle under "Forum Thumbnail"
Hover your cursor over that and click once. and a little popup will say "copied"

Now switch to your intended post tab/window. Place your cursor where you want the thumbnails click "paste" or ctrl/v and all the thumb links coding should magically appear

Now this is an important step. Click "Preview Post"
That'll take you to the window where you can adjust positioning and even content.

For instance, the last two images are headshots. They are now technically allowed in the pictures section where they are part of a professional shoot with sensual content, however, I don't want them in the forum post so I'm going to remove the last two images from the post by selecting the code and deleting it

This is fairly easy. The code for each image starts and stops with the same coding. URL=https and URL. Once you recognise this it becomes simple to see what each image is as code.
So. Select and delete.
When I click preview again, voila, the images are no longer there.

However, look below and you'll see I've added a comment "Additional images in the host gallery" This is another useful tool hosts that offer galleries give us. When a shoot has images that do not fit the remit of the forum rules, they are fully clothed or whatever, then having an external gallery holding all the images means collectors who want the full set can have them from us without hunting, and without us constantly having arguments about what we should/shouldn't be able to post.
Nifty, huh?
Now here's why I like Pixhost. Remember that gallery window where the coding is for the thumbs? Well under the title [Now you see why I add that in full] is a download link marked "Zip"

Click on that and you can download all the images in one zip file archive. No wait time. Free to all users.
For large image galleries this single function is IMO a Godsend since I would rather scroll using an image viewer than online via a browser.
Anyone can get to the gallery to do this by clicking on the gallery button - three horizontal bars - in the navigation area in the top right of any of the images' pages

I assume most people either understand this already or will figure it out but if you feel the need you can add this instruction to your posts as a footnote.
Anyway. I'm happy with my post now so I click "Submit" and here it is in all its brand new glory
http://www.nudecelebforum.com/showthread.php?p=1212091#post1212091
Posting to an existing thread isn't any different. Only the labels on the buttons.
So there you go. Posting made easy on [IMO] the best image host for this forum currently available.
You can actually use any imagehost on the approved list which is why I will stress again that you read the rules. It's 10 minutes well spent. All hosts differ slightly but the uploading and thumb functions are usually remarkably similar.
You should also experiment a little to get the hang of forum controls and to decide which host/s you like. We have an actual section for doing this here
http://www.nudecelebforum.com/showthread.php?t=95126&highlight=test+posts
You can play to your heart's content within forum rules [don't go posting donkey buggery bondage shoots]. just have a folder of 10 medium sized images and practice a bit. If you get stuck, ask me or any of the moderators and we'll do our best to help you. I hope this gets you started
Cheers
BOC

Last edited:

yakovitch

Actively social distancing
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Above and beyond, boc... what an outstanding post. Really appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

While we're on the subject of image hosts - does anyone know of one that allows for images that are over 10 MB's and isn't banned in the pic section?

blueoystercult

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Entirely my pleasure. Hope it helps posters old and new.
On the subject of outsized image hosts I've not seen an one which takes images that big. You're talking dimensionally extreme, intensely high pixel resolution or even RAW images which are all but useless for forums like this.
I might be missing something [usually am], but when you get to that size surely you're at the point where posting a more workable online size thumb along with a link to a file host would be more practical?
If you're determined [and I am sceptical you'll find a free image host that will do it, but I won't say that for sure] you're going to have to go on a bit of a hunt.
I'd suggest Techradar
https://www.techradar.com/uk/best/best-image-hosting-websites
and MerlinOne
https://merlinone.com/best-image-hosting-services/
as startingpoints. Also try searches on lifewire, techwiser and whirlpool all of whom should have similar editorial recommendations.
Hope this helps. If I find any further info I'll pass it on in a DM
BOC

Last edited:

yakovitch

Actively social distancing
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sharenxs used to have no size limit, and it was not unusual back then to find plenty of images between 10 to 15 MB's posted here. Not really sure why you think that would be useless for this forum, we have always strived to provide the best quality available. But I'm not really determined, more just curious. I do appreciate the suggestions.

blueoystercult

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I wrote that RAW images would be useless to this forum. RAW is not the same as standard forms like jpeg or tiff. Most people don't have a clue what they are or what to do with them. I'm sure you do but if not look them up.
SNXS had a lot of things going for it, but SNXS also went bust which kind of proves my point. Most free image hosts that continue to operate all do so from the same basic business model with the same basic constraints and 10mb seems to be the universal upper limit. There are certainly paid hosts that will go bigger but I know of no free hosts that do currently
Most of the things I see during the course of my day are magazine/news print ready cmyk tiff/png at 300dpi and very very few of them top 10mb.
As for outsized images, displayed inline on a web page means that page can take an age to DL, esp if one is on a slower connection. A free host would almost certainly have to pay for themselves with inline and pop-up ads [the lack of these coupled with piss poor management are why SNXS went under] and this would add to the loading time. The page would also have to auto compress to fit the image and unless one is looking at them on a 40" monitor or studying an individual patch of skin in minute detail looking at a whole image - whether inline in a browser or offline in a viewer - means auto downscalling which creates compression artefacts. People like massive in most things however even if they can't view them to best effect so - if you recall - my suggestion was to post a manageable thumb and a link to your massive files on a standard file host. That would seem to be a workable compromise solution. No?
BOC

Last edited: