• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Can't delete a file

H

hoppi

Got a video file here (a dvd rip of ocean's 12) and can't delete it.I aborted the download,it was too slow.

Any help? :confused:

Supafly

Barely Ever Here
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
hoppi said:
Got a video file here (a dvd rip of ocean's 12) and can't delete it.I aborted the download,it was too slow.

Any help? :confused:

What kind of error are you getting when you try to delete it?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hoppi,

And where are you trying to delete it from?

H

hoppi

it says that it can't be deleted because the file is still in use.but that is IMPOSSIBLE.i shut down every process which could use it.or work with it.

it is on my hd.

Supafly

Barely Ever Here
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
hoppi said:
it says that it can't be deleted because the file is still in use.but that is IMPOSSIBLE.i shut down every process which could use it.or work with it.

it is on my hd.

My suggestion would be to restart and then try and delete it.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
hoppi said:

Hoppi, reboot into the Safe Mode, then try to delete. If that doesn't work, can you do a Sys Restore back to before the video, then delete?

If that doesn't work, there's a very good chance it wasn't just a video. If you have HiJackThis you can also set it to delete a file on a reboot. That way it tries to delete before any processes get started.

H

hoppi

first of all:it got it deleted just 2 minutes ago.

for those who are still interested:
i rebooted my laptop 3 times.didn't work.
well..preferred user:after having downloaded about 250mb of 660mb i tried to watch a preview with VLC(video lan player,it's well-known,i'm sure you guys have it or heard of it).well the first picture from the file was a blue screen with some fbi bullshit text.piracy is forbidden...will be hunted.blabla.it was the file you get with this torrent.well you see there is a (1/one) comment to this torrent file about some sound problem,so i might be totally wrong.
then again,my pc slowed down like hell.i rebooted immediately,thoght i might have to do with temporary files...from de-compressing the video with VLC..or any stuff.plus,it was running for nearly 15 hours.so why not.
after the reboot it took me a year to get into my own folder,start the browser...azureus...
so i rebooted two times again.
well then i uninstalled spybot search and destroy,rebooted,tried to delete the file,succeeded,rebooted,came online to post this message.

sometimes i still think computer is written with k.seriously.
thank you all for your advice or caring.

PanMan

Reaction score
Hey Hoppi I've had this happen to me about 3 times, and the first time I was stuck with it for days, but I just happened to update my videocard driver and it fixed it. The following two times I did the same and it's worked all 3 times, I have no idea why this is, but updating your vid card can help for some reason. Glad you got it fixed your way, this is a pretty screwy bug. All mine were caused the same way btw, cancel'n d-loads.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
hoppi,

Glad to hear you finally got the file deleted. But I'd really carefully check my machine for spyware/adware before going much further. Torrents are notorious for including the junk suppuptitiously.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I use gipo moveonboot for undeletable files. When you right click on any file you get an option to delete the file on boot restart. It never fails. You can get it at snapfiles.com