• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Backing Up Drivers & Windows Disc

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Okay...because I've already researched this and don't want to download all kinds of programs full of spyware and all...I've decided to turn to you all!

I'm basically just wanting to know a good free program (probably doesn't exist) that will back up my drivers.

What I really want to do is format my hard drive and re-install Windows...but before that...backup my drivers and then burn a Windows cd with them on it so that when I install Windows it will install all the drivers I need. Basically...I'm wanting to burn a cd that will just install the basics...an operating system and all the drivers specific for my computer.

I've tried just installing windows and the only problem is the drivers...and if I use my recovery discs it puts the free trials and garbage on it...so...I'm sure there's guys out there that have done this and know how...give me a link or something!

Much Appreciated!

- Kaneinite -

P.S. I know that I could just do the recovery discs and wipe out the trial stuff...but I want to be creative and make the disc as I know it can be done!

RISC

Reaction score
weird, i was just at http://www.shellcity.net/ before coming here, and saw

DRIVER MAX..........DriverMax is a program which allows you to easily reinstall all your Windows drivers. No more searching for rare drivers on discs or on the web or inserting one installation CD after the other. Simply export all your current drivers (or just the ones that work ok) to a folder or a compressed file. After reinstalling Windows you will have everything in one place (free registration code) .....(free).....
http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

Not sure about backing up programs..

AND ANOTHER THING.
Last time i formatted, i forgot to backup my internet favorites/bookmarks.. that sucked really bad..

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Kane,

I've never tried Risc's method but it may be worth a shot. I've always done this by first going to the computer manufacturer's website, finding the page that has their drivers, downloading all of the newest drivers (and sometimes the older ones) and then copying all those drivers to an external drive. I then backup all files and then do the reformat. I've run into very few problems with that procedure. Just remember that there is a procedure for reinstalling the drivers.

Install system (or motherboard) drivers first. Then video card. After those I don't think it matters very much. Do remember to disconnect from the internet until you have the software firewall installed.

I also agree with Risc about backing up your bookmarks. I forgot that once and haven't done that since. Also back up your mail if your using Outlook or Outlook Express (or some other mail app that stores its files locally). Lastly, make sure you write down on a piece of paper all of your passwords and identities from the various forums and websites that you may belong to. All of those will have to be input again.

Its also a good idea, if possible, to have a working computer handy just in case any of those drivers give you a problem. It doesn't happen all that often but it does happen. The extra computer will let you go back to the manufacturer's website to find other drivers just in case you have a problem with the ones your trying.

The only other thing to consider is if you need to partition. If you only have one HD in your machine, I always partition the drive into a C:\ and D:\. The C:\ drive will be for your OS and apps. Nothing else goes on it and it doesn't need to be any bigger that 20 GB. Format the rest of the drive as D:\, name it "Files" and put all of your files on the D:\ drive. After Windows is installed go to My Documents and change its properties so that it knows the D drive is where all files are stored.

That makes backup really simple.

Good luck!