• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Free DVD Player

stu2906

Reaction score
OK gents and bitches,

I have just got a new PC and it's not got a DVD player installed (got WMP and VLC) whats best to get for a DVd player for occasional use?

Are there codecs to d/load or is it a full prog'?

first to reply wins fuck all but some reps.

Stu

wasnt me

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
VLC Media Player should be able to play DVDs for you as well. That's what I use most of the time.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
stu,

I have just got a new PC and it's not got a DVD player installed (got WMP and VLC) whats best to get for a DVd player for occasional use?

A new computer without a DVD player? Thats weird. Are you sure about that?

Anyway, is this a desktop or laptop? If its a desktop then its pretty simple to stick one in. I don't have any specific recommendations as there really isn't all that much difference. But, having said that, there are some readers/writers that you can get for about $50 which include Nero and a small app which allows you to create and burn images on the top of the CD/DVD. I don't remember who made the drive (Sony?) but that was kind of a neat option. The person did a couple while I was there and it really was kind of nice.

Are there codecs to d/load or is it a full prog'?

Media Player Classic has worked great for me for a long time. Just Google it.

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
mindido, I think he meant software, a dvd video player.

stu, like wasntme said VLC should play DVD's, also Windows Media Player. Those are for free.

If you want something better then InterVideo WinDVD 8 is by far the best, but that's not freeware. Then again you can get it for free from torrents.

stu2906

Reaction score
Cheers kids

Odd as it may seem VLC worked today when it wouldnt the other day. i have downloaded so many updates the last few days though it probably fixed itself.

thanks for the help.

stu

ptb_666777

Reaction score
Vlc is great, if you want the digital output and your pc lets you vcl will do it nothing else needed. My fav option is quick start dvd, or something like that anyway it skipps all the bullshit and go's strait to movie. Wmp needs codecs to run dvd's. and if you want digital sound you'll have to buy the codec/app that makes it happen.

I have encountered a few movies that just dont wanna play with vlc.

media player classic is cool, I donno about dvd's but if you look up real alternative, and quick time alt. it is mpclassic with codecs to watch qt, and real player movies. I only mention it cuz one of reals compression's is realy great. I dl shows in hd like smallville. An avi is around 350 mb, but the real player one is around 50 mb and there is not a noticable differnts. The real ones are not as easy to find.

S

skipper

vlc (most of the time)and media player classic if i run in to something
that dont play in vic-between the two they play everything i have ran into-
Use convertx to dvd to convert format and burn. Like these the best after
trying many others

junejuly

Reaction score
I use both VLC and the KM Player. KM is awesome for presentation, you can have a fully minimal interface (no toolbars or even title bar). KM also has good filters for both audio and video. Also plays most all formats and DVD very well.