• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Fuck G4 - Most of "Screen Savers" Cast Fired

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Anyone watch "The Screen Savers" on G4TechTV? I just found out that they apparently fired almost everyone related with the show, except for Kevin and Sarah. This includes: Alex, Yoshi, Dan and most of the crew. A couple other shows were canned too. (Source: G4 TechTV forum)

Seriously, WTF?

I've only had Tech TV for a short time, because I just got digital cable about 6 months ago and I'm really sorry I didn't have it back in the "good old days"

Ever since the merger with G4, its been all down hill. I'm not much of a gamer, so I could really care less about all the gaming shows that now fill the network. My main interest was the tech type shows, of which there are hardly any left. I think this is a pretty retarded move on the part of G4. Its not really a merger at all, its pretty much a hostile takeover.

I say one of two things should happen. Either:

- Everyone boycotts this channel completely, until they decide to be less gay.

- Or some type of petition is formed to get them to bring back some tech shows.

I'm just really pissed off right now, because TSS is basically the only show left on the entire channel for me to watch and now they've gone and fucked it up too. :?

If you have a website, and would like to support the "Fuck G4" campaign, feel free to use this image:

fuckg4.gif

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score

jarvisvalmont

Reaction score
Who's idea was THAT!?!? :evil:

I wasn't too thrilled about the move to L.A. (I thought it was pretty cool that the Tech TV shows were based in Silicone Valley), and the show was becoming to get a little too "Hollywood" and slick but it wasn't horrible and could become very informative. But the sale to Comcast caused the lost of Leo from the show and Patrick didn't want to move to L.A., so the show instantly lost their two smartest, most experienced personalities. BIG mistake on G4's part. :x

I'm not too terribly upset about losing Alex (I was hoping he'd grow on me, but he didn't), it's too bad about losing Dan who wasn't exactly great on camera, but Morgan Webb wasn't that great on camera during her first days on-air when TSS was on just Tech TV, and she developed into, well, I guess I don't have to tell you much more about her, do I? :wink: And I don't quite understand why they dumped Martin and Unscrewed. It seemed the type of show that would fit in perfectly with the Hollywood scene. It was the Howard Stern Show of the network!

It looks like X-Play is going to be the only show to survive the move, although I think that may be partially due to Morgan's Maxim and FHM photoshoots. :D And there is something I'm wondering about X-Play's music for their opening: why was it changed when they started their new L.A. based shows? Does this Tony Torrico guy (or however his name is spelled) have approval over all the "game" shows' music?

Anyway, when I get my Neilson ratings books next week, I'm definately not going to mark down any of the G4 shows as something I watched. :)

Oh, and I'd be will to sign that petition if you get one started, cman. :)

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I was opposed to the merger initially, but I was willing to accept it and move on. However, now its just gone completely off the deep end.

I was sad to see Patrick go. I thought he was by far the most knowledgeable out of any of them. Dan, who was rather inexperienced, had gotten better over the last few months, then he originally was. I had pretty much the same feelings about Alex. Waiting to get used to him haha.

I hated Leo to begin with because he's cocky and thinks he knows a lot more than he actual does. He may be a Commodore 64 expert, but knows very little about "recent" technology or anything more complicated than customizing your desktop :roll:

Anyway, I have no idea whats going to happen now. Whatever happens it will be CRAP and not worth watching.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Yep that really bites. Its the corniest show ever made but something about its corniness makes the show :D I love when the kids call in live via cam and Patrick answered their questions and they had no idea what the hell he's talking about but act like they do :lol: I miss that corny guy. I no longer get ttv so i have to download all the shows off snova to keep up to date. And Sarah is hott too.

BruceWayne

Reaction score
i cannot stand the fucked up abortion they turned TechTV into. i usually shrug this stuff off, but it really pisses me off that a already shitty station like G4 merged with a great station and fucking ran it into the ground. the screensavers has been dumbed down and the new co-host alex is an assclown.

PATRICK AND LEO FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

Amnesiac

Reaction score
i was a fan way back when it was ZDTV. I've watched it since kate was on TSS, and the cast still was able to have Stuffed penguinns laying around being, as most of us are, upstanding linux supporters. Then Microsoft sponsored certain shows on the network, along with IBM during the "Linux is bad, dont support GNU licensed software." anyways, im getting sidetracked rambling.

Here's what it came down too.

ZDTV didnt renew their contract with ZDnet.

ZDTV became TechTV in the early millenium.

2002 Leo Laport left Call For Help, but remained on TSS. Cat Schwartz replaced him for a short while. Then came Chris Porillo. Who i might add, was a really great host, and i was mad the day they fired him. the Call For Help-athon with him, was THE BEST SHIT EVER. I really wish i could find a rip of that via torrents.

TechTV kept their format till 2002. When they then started "Techlive". an MSNBC-like news show about technology, and stocks, and garbage like that...and it ran from 9am to 5pm on the east coast.

september 11th 2002... Techlive actually stayed on the air untill 12pm, and then switched to whatever broadcast (i think it was NBC, i cant remember) was covering 9/11. Mighty big balls for them, and i applaud.

2003, Chris porillo gets fired. He then leaks rumors that the new "execs" being comcast, were telling some of the "female hosts and anchors" to show more leg, wear higher skirts, to appeal a more "man-friendly audience." I'm sure that among the achors, Morgan webb was one, and megan morrone being the other.

mid 2003, Megan Morrone leaves the show, after having her first baby girl, Annabell. Last i heard she is now working for the Evil Corporate, dun dun dun...microsoft. her site is www.jumpingmonkeys.com .

2004, they change their line up, add martin sargent's new show. Basicly was a "twisted lister" in a half an hour time frame. this seemed like the begining of the end for techtv...

and of course, late 2004...TechTV became G4...the channel about gaming, why? because gaming needs a whole god damn channel devoted too it. Leo gets fired. Kevin Rose "h4x0rs his way in" with his ultra 1337 knoppix STD. And patrick loses more hair by the day...really, if you guys had the screen savers tivoed near the end of last year...you'd see it fall out a little more each day... 10 bucks says he had to vaccum his pillow after leo left the show. But, if i had to work with kevin rose, i doubt i'd even have pubes left after dealing with that little pre-pubesant skiddie... but thats just me <3.

If im incorrect at all during this, fix my mistake, it's 6:30am, and i ran out of caffine 4 hours ago...and my eyes are crossing. But there's an almost finished history for anyone who missed out on any of it...

oh, btw, forgot cat got naked pics uncropped <3.

ok, NOW you're filled in.

scitek

Reaction score
Amnesiac said:
september 11th 2002... Techlive actually stayed on the air untill 12pm, and then switched to whatever broadcast (i think it was NBC, i cant remember) was covering 9/11. Mighty big balls for them, and i applaud.

Your timeline is about an entire year off, buddy.

OCC-402

Reaction score
cman said:
what is the significance of those episodes?

uhh I dunno, Amnesiac was talking bout' em so I thought I'd post the torrents for them

I should have added *random

monkeyman

Reaction score
I do have to agree that Tech TV blows. I was a fan when it was just G4 but now that those new shows are on, the channel completely sucks. They now have like 4 game review shows, and they got shows that absolutly blow like Attack of the Show which runs for a complete hour. And then they had that Video Game Vixen crap. If they would just show that chick dancing with other hot girls on a DDR machine they would probably get more viewers. But to check out video game girls is just ridiculous. If this is offensive to any of you who do check out video game girls then you seriously need some help because those girls are fake! Ok, I know there is more crap about this channel but I'm not trying to write a novel. So peace out.

P.S. Much props to the people who make this forum great, such as Conman, and Count Floyd and any other cool people I forgot to mention.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that Leo appears to be back on G4/TechTV? I was flipping through the channels last Saturday morning early and was surprised to see him on (I think the show was a new version of Call for Help). I don't know how often or when, but it appears the network is getting the idea not everyone that viewed the channel is into gaming.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Yeah, they shoot the show in Canada now. As horrible as the channel has become in the US, its even worse in Canada, because we have slightly different programming.

They play A.O.T.S. and Call For Help about 17 times a day, over and over.

I hate Leo almost as much as I had Kevin on AOTS and I was to stab them both in the eyes. Call For Help wouldn't be a bad show if they would do more than show people how to change their desktop and update their MySpace.