• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Anyone know Knoppix?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

I guess it does help to read the README files once in a while. DE is Deutsch (German).

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
I guess it does help to read the README files once in a while. DE is Deutsch (German).

Real men don't ask directions: and they sure as hell don't download, much less read, the readme files. Come on Min!

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Real men don't ask directions: and they sure as hell don't download, much less read, the readme files. Come on Min!

Heh, heh.

Your probably right but, when all else fails..... Or when you have a stupid question..... It, amazingly, sometimes helps.

Anyway, DL the file last night and will test it on the SATA shortly. Will let you know.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

Having some problems. I'm not sure if the entire file downloaded. Mine wound up being 694 MB as an .iso. Burned it and tried to boot, nothing. Extracted it and burned those files and still nothing at bootup. Tried to make a bootable floppy but the file required (mkfloppy.bat,) doesn't seem to be there. And yes, I double checked that the first boot device is the CD and second is the floppy (I've had it set that way for years now).

I've also tried it on the machine with the SATA drive with the same results. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions? I had this same problem with the earlier version (3.2, I checked) and was able to get it running with the floppy boot disk.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
No, I don't have an idea. I PM'd you. I could just mail you a copy of mine. That's weird.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
This is really a message to no one, Just a test of Knoppix 4.0.2 with an older version of Firefox (1.0.6) that comes on the .iso. Trying to determine exactly what it will (and won't) do. Seems to be having some problems with the wireless card, or, more than likely, I just don't understand their processes.

OK, here's the wireless problem. I am able to lock on to several wireless networks in the neighborhood but I don't seem to be able to completely specify which one I want. I start with mine but, for no apparent reason, it seems to drift to another and lock on to it. Its done this twice in the few minutes I've been on here. Just kind of unusual.

Do we have anyone around here that regularly uses Knoppix (or some other version of Linux)?