• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Want to get a virus?

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Finally ID'd a particular website that is surruptitiously downloading spyware and/or virus's onto peoples machines. Anybody here know how to take down a website? Maybe make all their servers blow up in their faces!

DON'T GO TO THE WEBSITE WITHOUT READING THE FOLLOWING!

First, if you go there, DON'T use IE, you WILL get infected. Use Firefox or Opera.

Second, make sure you have a software firewall up and running before you go there. Watch the firewall icon in the system tray when you get there, it will literally light up, both upload and DL.

Third, make sure that whichever browser you are using, you have it set to ask you before allowing any cookies to be set on your machine.

MAKE SURE, whatever AV you are using is up to date, just in case.

OK, if you've made sure of the above, go to the site and watch what happens. It should first ask if you want to install some applet, DON'T. It should then start asking to place a ton of cookies, DON'T LET IT. Keep watch on your firewall icon, it is probably lit up like a christmas tree downloading its crap and uploading who knows what. If you feel its necessary, stop all internet activity with the firewall.

What I found on my machine the first time was the Java applet "OpenStream" that is a virus. Its easily gotten rid of if your using Firefox but apparently not much fun if you use IE (its designed to infect IE).

If you don't completely understand what I've just said and haven't protected you computer thoroughly, DON'T GO THERE!

Here's the site:

www.eforu.com

They've done some pretty nasty stuff to try and hide themselves. I can't do the normal CnP to get their URL, I had to type it in for this post. And once I was there, I couldn't copy the URL in the address bar either.

Again, anybody know how to take a site like this down? Scumbags!

One last time. BE CAREFUL OR YOU'VE JUST INFECTED YOUR MACHINE!

Last edited:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just ran across another version of how to get a virus (I think). Check this website out:

http://www.celebritypicturesarchive.com/pgs/r/robin-givens/robin-givens-pictures.htm

Notice that if you click on the picture, a pop-up appears asking if you want to DL the pic. But also notice that the extension is a .exe.

I don't KNOW (as I didn't DL it) that this is a virus but it fits with known methods of getting one.

If anyone does try this, let me know. I'll be interested to hear what happens.

The old advice holds. Be careful out there!

gatsby

Reaction score
I have downloaded the exe file to examine it with Kaspersky. Your suspicion is right.
Kaspersky reports that the file is "Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.ja". More information at http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encyclopedia?virusid=66843. I also randomly checked another page of that site. It has the same trojan. It is likely that celebritypicturesarchive.com is a trap to obtain a large number of trojaned computers that could be sold to spammers and other scumbags.

T

tntstyles

no worries i've got panda software loaded up

it takes care of all viruses coming into my comp :twisted:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
gatsby,

Thanks for the info. I suspected it was a virus as you don't normally see an .exe in the pop up.

I just hope that others will check this out and learn from it. These assholes are pretty darn tricky and willing to do anything to make your machine into a zombie.

L

luciferxe

you all make me laugh at what you are using for protection

use this

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/5157243/Zone_Alarm_Suite_60.667.000.rar.html

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
luciferxe,

"you all make me laugh at what you are using for protection"

Please explain. There is nothing wrong with the Zone Alarm Suite that I know of but there is also a lot of other stuff out there that will do the job, as long as you learn a bit and keep up to date.

singhr

Reaction score
For those who pay for legitimate software licenses :)lol: yeah right!), for the same price you'd pay for firewall software (I.E. ZoneAlarm or Norton Security) you can buy a simple router. TCP NAT is much better protection than any software firewall you'll ever buy (or acquire)

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
singhr,

I have to partially disagree with you here. I agree that everyone should be behind a router (even if you only have one machine) but I disagree that a software firewall is not necessary. These idiots writing and distributing these virus' and trojans are using every trick in the book to infect peoples machines, some of which will get by a router (I'm thinking of the human engineering kind here). If you don't believe me, try one or both of the links in the first two posts in this thread.

singhr

Reaction score
If you use a good hardware firewall and good antivirus software along with security updates then you should be fine. I administer a fairly large network at work and we've never had any issues; with hardware firewalls and scanning software (Netsheild on Netware 5.1 servers).

Anyhow to each their own. There's nothing wrong with more security until it starts bogging stuff down :)

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
singhr,

I don't disagree with you except that, in my personal and professional experience, I'm convinced that a good software firewall is well worthwhile. As long as the people in the company are not surfing adult sites (which I'm sure they shouldn't be) you should be OK behind the single firewall. But from what I've seen of adult and celeb sites, I don't trust them as far as I could throw them. There are just far too many shenanigans going on to trust to a single firewall.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
singhr in your original post you just mentioned NAT. I agree with mindido that it's a great start but doesn't completely cover you. But in your second you mention a large network. I'm guessing you are behind a true hardware firewall with true SPI. That's quite different than these little $60 Linksys residential routers that brag about SPI that isn't really Stateful Packet Inspection.

singhr

Reaction score
Preferred User said:
singhr in your original post you just mentioned NAT. I agree with mindido that it's a great start but doesn't completely cover you.

Oops sorry, I sometimes use the two terms interchangably. However, even with a basic $60 router, and decent firewall, you are still covered quite well whether regardless of what level of SPI the router examines incoming packets.

I know for home use, Norton catches most of everything now and I believe Mcafee does as well. Zone Alarm does a decent job for the trouble it causes performance wise, it's not really worth it.

lawabider

Reaction score
those are some nice pieces of advice.. thanks for the heads up!

i'm ready to deal with viruses now :D

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
lawabider,

Hate to bust your bubble but there is a lot more to fighting virus' than have been discussed in this thread. There are quite a few threads here on the subject which I would recommend you check out. After reading those, you will be much better prepared.

Da' Legend

Reaction score
So if i open that website without any virus protection .. i can infect my computer ... i am gonna try it in my college