• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

DVD Decryption

bubba15003

Reaction score
I want to copy some dvd's. Anyone know a good free decryption program, that I can get.

D

Don Juan

Dvd shrink works fine but since they stop making it there are no updates, so it won't rip the new dvd's with macromedia protection.

I suggest you to get DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to your hard drive then use DVD Shrink to make it fit on a 4.7 GB disk...Both programs are free.

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

cyberhypnotic

Reaction score
DVD Decrypter is now down. The owner, Lightening UK, got caught up in some legal issues and his site was shut down. I'm sure there are still a few sites out there hosting the program, but in time they are sure to be shut down. If you need it, find it while you can, unless you know someone that has it already.

Seems this DVD burning thing is going to end up going down the same road that music burning went down back when Napster was the big thing. It's my understanding that DVD Decrypter was to DVD's what Napster was to music and P2P.

Also, with DVD Shrink not being upgraded any longer, pretty much the whole DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink combination is at a stand still. Granted, I am sure there will be other programs out there in the future. Too many people in this world want free shit to not come up with a program.

There is a way for you to rip using the current/last version of DVD Decrypter. However, Decrypter will replace copy protection sectors with blank sectors, which will create a small problem while burning the file. Most of these sectors are at the beginning of DVD's and in a regular DVD player, the movie won't play properly, so you'd have to set the start and end points of the movie in DVD Shrink to get rid of that blank beginning.

cyberhypnotic

Reaction score
If you try to get DVD Decrypter from doom9.org make sure you do it with Internet Explorer and not Firefox. For some reason there is a problem when using Firefox to download it. With IE, there was no problem at all.

I still think it will be a matter of time before they get to this site and shut it down with any others hosting programs such as this. Either way, someone else will come up with something newer and better, even if Decrypter does stick around.

It's all action and reaction. Someone creates, someone takes it down, someone else creates a new one..... and so on. But for now, DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated and will probably soon be unavailable. Or so it sounds like it in this letter from the creator himself.

peckerhead72

Reaction score
i prefer using slysoft anydvd to bypass the copy protection and then use any dvd burning software

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
This subject I knew little about until today so I'm hoping someone can lead me down the right path. Here's the problem.

A good friend of mine owns a piece of land that has some features on it which were included in a German documentary. The documentary was finally released (apparently by the German equivalent of PBS) and the producers sent my friend a DVD of the program. The problem is he can't play it on his DVD player. I've done a bit of research and have found that this is apparently due to DVD region codes. My friend mailed the producers to figure out what to do but, since there are no present plans to redo the program for the US market, they had no suggestions except for buying a DVD player for the German area (not very likely).

Anybody have any suggestions?

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
does he have a dvd player on his computer?
usually most can be region hacked or he can convert it from PAL to NTSC

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Bob_Box,

I think he does have a DVD player on his computer as he mentioned that he could watch it on the computer (although he can't understand the audio as he doesn't understand German). But, since he's in his 70's, he wants to be able to watch it on his TV with friends.

"usually most can be region hacked or he can convert it from PAL to NTSC"

Will look into these options. Thanks for the info.

The Mighty Z

Been away for a while
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
mindido said:
Bob_Box,

I think he does have a DVD player on his computer as he mentioned that he could watch it on the computer (although he can't understand the audio as he doesn't understand German). But, since he's in his 70's, he wants to be able to watch it on his TV with friends.

"usually most can be region hacked or he can convert it from PAL to NTSC"

Will look into these options. Thanks for the info.

You should give it a try with DVD-shrink as mentioned above.
Even though DVD-shrink isn't updated anymore, I think it will still be able to crack the security (if there even is a security).

DVD-shrink will burn a new region-free version of the dvd, which can be played on every player.

Greets,

TMZ

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
TMZ,

Thanks for the info, I will give these a try. Some of the info above seemed a bit dated so I wasn't sure if it was still appropos. Will let you know how this turns out.

cyberhypnotic

Reaction score
DVD-Shrink and DVD Decrypter can still be used for burning. I believe Decrypter burns everything in Region 1.