• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Please help me mother fuckin fuck fuck shit

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
OK...just tried to update my ATI Radeon X800 XT drivers. I was going from Catalyst 6.4 to 6.6.

Intel Pentium 4 3400mhz
2048MB DDR2 SDRAM

An error message pops up that I first need to install Standard VGA drivers first and that Access is Denied. So I go to install them and I can't because, shockingly, Access is Denied. I've tried safe mode with no luck, rollback with no luck, having XP automatically install drivers with no luck. I have admin rights on my own fucking PC so it can't be permission issues, can it? I'm waiting for ATI to respond, but I'm losing out on serious game time and need my fix. Everything was running fine before this. This is the pinnacle of gayness. Please help stop the swearing.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Niz,

I've seen this one. Can you use System Restore to go back to yesterday? That will do two things: 1) tell us your computer isn't confused about who the admin is, 2) maybe take you back to a working driver. Then, you can try the install again but turn off any anti-v...esp Norton (and their fucking Internet Security thing) is known to be connected with this one.

I can't tell you how to stop swearing. I've never tried that.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nizzle,

What happens when you delete the drivers from Device Manager and/or Add/Remove Programs?

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
After restart, it automatically detects the hardware. I've tried both methods of installing drivers myself and letting XP find them. Neither way works.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Niz,

I've seen this one. Can you use System Restore to go back to yesterday? That will do two things: 1) tell us your computer isn't confused about who the admin is, 2) maybe take you back to a working driver. Then, you can try the install again but turn off any anti-v...esp Norton (and their fucking Internet Security thing) is known to be connected with this one.

I can't tell you how to stop swearing. I've never tried that.
I've never done a system restore. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks. Too pissed to type more.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Yep, of course I've never set up a restore point on this PC. Should I be doing that before every install? I feel like a noob.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Sys Restore must be turned off Niz. Otherwise your computer would automatically make a point every day, and most driver installs with make a Restore Point before they install.

Bring up System Properties (Right click on My Computer) and make sure the Turn Off System Restore box is unchecked. Then, as Min suggested, click the Harware tab, then the Device Manager button. Open up Video Adapters, right click on yours, then click Properties. If you go to the Driver tab there should be an option to Roll Back to Previous driver. That might also take you back to before the big problem.

Of course this all assumes you can get into the damn thing. If not, there is another way to go. Last Known Good Configuration on the same screen you use to get into Safe Mode. That might also use the registry that used your old driver.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
onerythym said:
ive had that crap.

even as admin certain files can be locked out.

on xp pro?

find the files its trying to replace and right click that whole folder, sharing and security,

make sure you get FULL on everything, also you want all files below it to inherit that. try it.

Yea one and I've seen some threads that say it particularly happens on OEM installs. The key to security is to take ownership. As One says, make sure it trickles down to all the child folders. OEM installs sometimes have ownership screwed up.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
onerythym said:
ive had that crap.

even as admin certain files can be locked out.

on xp pro?

find the files its trying to replace and right click that whole folder, sharing and security,

make sure you get FULL on everything, also you want all files below it to inherit that. try it.
OK, I'm on XP Pro. I've deleted all the ATI file folders as well as the temp files in Windows directory. Should I delete the temp files in the user directory as well? I'm not sure how I find the files it's trying to replace other than those. I can't even install a default VGA driver.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
And Niz, if the "new and improved" driver did install, it left it's files in c:\Windows\System32\ So every time you uninstall the driver, on reboot Windows will find the files in System32 and reinstall the fucked driver. So if you can get in and go to System Properties\Device Manager, you can make a list of all the actual files the driver uses.

Here's mine from my laptop. If I made a list of all these drivers in \system32, then went and deleted them, when Windows reboots it won't install the old driver again cause it just doesn't have it anywhere. If it can't find any driver suitable, it will just install the default VGA card driver.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
"No drivers or files have been loaded for this device. "

And the uninstall utility doesn't work either. Fucking charming. ATI is in Canada and is therefore on holiday today. I'll get all gay on them tomorrow.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Niz,

Kind of hate to bring this up, but how long has it been since you did a reformat? This sounds like a good time for it.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Trying to avoid it. I've got so much borrowed software on here it would be a fucking nightmare.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
onerythym said:
dont you love that nearly the first thing support will tell you, in any situation, is update your drivers.

Ain't that the truth.

And Niz,

Sorry about the software problem but I think most anything can be found out in the ether. I take it your talking about games.

Last edited:

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I rarely update my drivers, because I figure "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but anyway, I only change them if I have a problem.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
mindido said:
onerythym said:
dont you love that nearly the first thing support will tell you, in any situation, is update your drivers./QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth.

And Niz,

Sorry about the software problem but I think most anything can be found out in the ether. I take it your talking about games.
Yeah, "borrowed" as in borrowed from the net. Games and apps. Just the hassle of having to reinstall everything from programs to drivers to bookmarks and passwords. I'll wait to see what ATI says tomorrow.

PS - Fuck

freny

Reaction score
hi

Nizzle said:
After restart, it automatically detects the hardware. I've tried both methods of installing drivers myself and letting XP find them. Neither way works.
it'sbecause the cable is not connected propely to any drives

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
freny said:
it'sbecause the cable is not connected propely to any drives
umm. its a video card dude, not a digital camera :rolleyes:

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Reps to Angmar. The more I thought about Niz's problem and poked around looking for it (this stuff gets under my skin) the more I found what Angmar said. It is a common ATI problem, though other installs (even Windows updates) can also elicit the "Access Denied" error.

EDIT: I lied. Tried to rep Angmar after I posted and it wouldn't let me. Somebody back me up on this please.

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Maybe one of the problems I'm having is that when I try to uninstall the ATI programs, they don't uninstall fully. I get an error message halfway through and it still shows up in Add/Remove Programs.

Angmar...check your PM. I'll give anything a shot.