• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Opera vs. Firefox

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i prefer the latest Opera. you can close it and when you open it the next day all your tabs are still there. also happens if ever the browser crashes.

the newest firefox can do that to. if it crashes it will ask you if you want to restore your old session or create a new one.

epicstorm

Reaction score
One of Opera?s main advantages over Firefox is its built in mouse gestures, i know that Firefox have the same feuture with extensions, but to be honest you just cant compare the two. I don't have numbers for how many times i have been trying to use mouse gestures on my computer in other programs, its almost second nature, this alone is enough to give opera my vote.
Secondly, small tings like left clicking mouse and using "past and goto", its a small feature i know.. Alot of people complain about Operas ability to render "IE specific sites" there is a reason why Opera is more picky about what features to support, as there is a reason to why Opera has far less security vulnerabilities.
And about the look of Opera, it is very very easily changed.. :)

Pendu

Reaction score
Although opera doesn't show all websites correctly, i still for some reason perfer it over firefox.

k7371

Reaction score
Opera is the best out there... its really very fast with mouse gustures... only thing where it lacks sometimes is the CSS problem.... it dosent display the content correctly sometimes only.other wise it rocks .... me totally addicted to it...

Dukes Mangola

Reaction score
Opera here too. Faster, mouse gestures, better session management, the little things people have mentioned; like "Paste and go", things about its behaviour (like if you close a tab, it'll close it and then go to the last opened tab. Unlike firefox which will take you to the last tab in the row, which is annoying as hell)..

Nikolas Marten

Reaction score
i use firefox and opera but i prefer to use opera. In version 9, it displays websites even more correctly than firefox. As a webmaster, you might have heard about the acid2-test. It shows how your browser is handling current webstandards: http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html
Only Opera 9 meets all webstandards. firefox comes close, but does have some failures and internet explorer just makes me laughing when running acid2. IE misses acid2 completely.
And beside built-in mouse-guestures: Have you noticed Operas Zoom-function? It can zoom websites smoothly, including the pictures. Try to press ctrl + use scrollwheel of your mouse. Firefox cant do that.

As a webmaster, you should prefer Opera.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
Firefox's interface is much comfortable to work with for me. Opera has lots of toolbars which sorta cramps the web page...hate that. Still I give props to Opera for that tab reload thing and i noticed when downloading stuff it's somewhat faster.

P.S. is it just me, or did anyone else who uses Yahoo! Mail found a fender bender with Opera?

timoo317

Reaction score
opera
yes it does not display the site as it designed
but i still prefer opera
all wondeful feature in all browser opera started it
opera in take the lead coz its come 1st
the easiest browser is opera
the fastest is opera
u will feel comfortable if u use opera
u will use 2 see the site in diff way after tht the diff will become the common
i like opera
5 yrs now with opera & no other browser make me change my mind yet
7 was great & 9 is the best yet
salam

marquis

Reaction score
It's great to have the choice.One poster mentioned IE but this is outclassed in almost every area , in particular in security.It has been described as a malware magnet and users are reminded that creators of viruses and trojans specifically aim these at IE , not just because it has more users but they because don't like Microsoft.
I like FF because it works well and it has some great add ons.I use fuller screen,autoslideshow,roboform,downthemall,IEtab,McAfeeSiteAdvisor,safedownload and temporary inbox.All work very well and do what they claim.
I haven't tried Opera because I don't feel the need as FF suits me so well.

Kevin2000

Reaction score
Opera sucks. My hotmail doesn't work from Opera. I HATE IT!!!!

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
after playing around with both opera and FF, while opera does load pages faster...i prefer FF just for the flexibility of its addons and its just more comfortable to use although opera is a solid browser

marquis

Reaction score
Internet Explorer

I'll be waiting for the hater-aid
I use it everyday and have never had a problem. Most programs don't have problems the problem is the people using them.

Just have a look at annoyances.org which is the biggest computer problem help forum on the net and see what they say about IE , particularly IE7

Most forms of malware are specifically designed and targeted to exploit weaknesses in IE which is in any case a more vulnerable program.As FF and Opera are also more capable browsers than IE it's really a no brainer.

I don't hate IE and used it before FF became available ; in itself it works quite well.But there are guys out there with a different agenda who create viruses,trojans and spyware and these spoil the party.FF is vastly less vulnerable to them.

Trabelsi

Reaction score
I believe that Opera is better than Firefox. Also Opera has torrent support, a better download manager, etc. Firefox is crippled without its arsenal of fancy addons.

rich2rob

Reaction score
Here are my pennies worth regarding not only Opera v Firefox but also IE7.
I have all 3.
I cannot get into IE7, it keeps saying connecting and the only way I can get out is to use the Task Manager, so in a nut shell, it stinks.
The new version of Opera, there is something I just don't like, it could be the boring home page, I really can't say.
Firefox to me is the best, it does everything I need and quick.

Max Johnson

Reaction score
I believe that Opera is better than Firefox. Also Opera has torrent support, a better download manager, etc. Firefox is crippled without its arsenal of fancy addons.

Of course it is...it's designed that way. Prefer whichever one you want but this doesn't make sense.

Onimusha

Reaction score
i've been using Opera for almost 2 years now. almost switched to Firefox 2 but Opera 9 saved my soul.

to all the Firefox users: try Opera for a couple of days. you'll never look back.

gezeversel

Reaction score
Never had any complaints about FF, but Opera isn't bad either.
As long it's not IE, I don't care.

silvertounge

Reaction score
i like opera because its a lot faster than IE or firefox, it takes up less space in your hard drive as well and still do everything i do in IE and firefox. if you do any programming you would know that this means that opera is simpler in programming than IE/firefox therefore better

i havent went to a website that didnt show up properly in opera can someone give me a link?

dls1

Mr. Nemcova
Reaction score
Since most of the people that recommended Opera are "noobs".... stick with Firefox, Gator... those that use it know what you can do with it... enough said.