• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Hard drive cord melted? Help

C

cmfriend

Hello, Please help anyone!

I just came home to find my power cord to my external hard drive completely melted in the power jack of my hard drive. Not realizing what had happened i pulled on the power cord and it broke off in the jack off the hard drive. I seriously just lost a terabyte hard drive with all my favorite stuff on it. Why would that happen? is there anything i can do to recover what i just lost? Thank You

Tobimac

Reaction score
There is a hard drive inside the case, take it out and hook it up to your motherboard, if it wasn't fried when whatever fried the cable fried the cable, it should work as an internal hard drive, or you could get a new empty enclosure and put that drive in it.

army1959

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
with the safety features built in a hard drive chances are the dat is fine do what tobimac suggests and get a new case and power cord hook it back up and it should be fine

icarus2

Reaction score
yep, 2.5 external cases usually cost about £14 GBP (if your in UK), maybe less. just take old one out of old case somehow and just buy a new SATA external case (cables come with it like the old case would have). attach drive to new external and plug n play...should be fine then.

how did the cable overheat ?, ive never seen this issue before only if a cable running a too high voltage or the two wires are in contact with one another due to breakage/damaged cable sheath

drkwlf13

Reaction score
First you need to find the heat source that caused it to melt. Cables do not just melt for no reason. If you have a tower check to make sure you are not allowing the cables to block the fans. Also make sure you are not allowing the cable to get inside the electrical outlets.
Yes there are ways to recover the data. First see if you can connect it to the computer thru the mother board. There are also many programs that you can use to recover the data but none of this should be tried unless you know what you are doing. If you do not know what you are doing then you could do more damage than good. Take it to a tech and allow them.

C

cmfriend

I believe this happened when i was trying to burn a copy of a DVD. While i was tryin to burn the DVD i heard a strange noise and smelled something burning quit a bit. I thought it was possibly something in my disc drive wearing out. so i quickly manually took the disc out of the laptop. I was not to taken back by it, if the only disc drive was ruined i could live without it. but like i mentioned i came back later in the day to find the problem with the hard drive. So somehow they must have been related. It really sucks cause i had material from my favorite models and other personnal family stuff on that hard drive. I will attempt to find the new case and switch it myself, since sending it out for repair probably would not be appropriate. thank you all for your feedback!

darkguyver

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the power supply to your external HDD may had been faulty to begin with. The internal HDD will probably be fine, just take it out of the HDD enclosure and get a 3rd party one from your local PC part store.