• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

File system on C: ...volume is dirty

HOBBAM

Reaction score
On startup, when it goes to the windows startup (flashing the "welcome" (windows xp name across the screen))...I got this message. I never saw it before and didn't know what it meant or whether it was going to be a continuing problem, since this was the first I saw of it. I thought it might be a case that was similiar to another computer I had, where if you shut it off manually...if it locked or something, it would run the scan disk on boot up, but I'm not sure this is the same. Also, I did a proper shut down with this computer.

"Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS
The volume is dirty

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)
Deleting corrupt attribute record (128, "")
from file record segment 149404
File verification completed
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stages 2 of 3)
Deleting index entry WER7e3d.dir00 in index $130 of file 11097
Deleting index entry WER7e3~1.DIR in index $130 of file 11097
80 percent completed.
"

After that it dumped some addtional files and then went back to find some lost files and once completed, it booted me to the main desktop.

Did a check, didn't lose any files. Shut down the system and booted up again, and didn't have the same issue come up.

Any ideas?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
it should be fine, the purpose of the computer doing that is to fix the system. so if your computer is now working properly, it did its job. thats why you are supposed to shut down properly ;)

HOBBAM

Reaction score
^ I had been, and did so the previous night. It shut down just fine and then when I first turned it on in the morning, I got that system issue for the first time.

There were other times previously, where I was working with a program and the system locked, and I had to restart, by shutting the computer off manually. And when I went to reboot, I didn't have that issue.

I did with the other computer because it was older.

But, with this computer, which is new and only couple months old, and was experiencing this issue for the first time, I didn't know if it was something else. I just know that after shutting it down fine and restarting it the next morning and having that issue, I didn't know if it was something else.

Just to clarify on everything above.

...but I appreciate the help.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
scan your HDD with proper tools (from manufacturer)... also running memtest overnight never hurts.

staybright69

Reaction score
I agree with Cman, in that once your computer completed the chkdsk function your drive issues have been at least temporarily resolved. The bigger concern may be wondering why your computer is locking up in the first place which is probably why you had the fragmentation issues begin with.

A computer that is only a couple of months old should not be having that problem unless of course you are tweaking programs in one way or another, which results in the lock up.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
I agree with Cman, in that once your computer completed the chkdsk function your drive issues have been at least temporarily resolved. The bigger concern may be wondering why your computer is locking up in the first place which is probably why you had the fragmentation issues begin with.

A computer that is only a couple of months old should not be having that problem unless of course you are tweaking programs in one way or another, which results in the lock up.

Wrong, HDD can last 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, or 1 decade (or more). It doesn't matter how new it is there is still the possibility it can break.

If it happens randomly its 100% worth it to scan, if anything is detected you can then backup your shit instead of gabling on "everything being ok".

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
You guys don't even guess how much temporaryfiles are written to memory or a HD.
If a non-standard shutdown is performed parts of settings and files are left on the HD (you create a bug). The startup can be clean because the space shared on disk for those programs don't have to be a problem. If , for whatever reason, the system/program dicides to write(toDisk) new data in a datafield that should not be in use but is because the previous system never got the opportunity to remove the use-flag, the Disk-Manager will give a forbidden answer and then the system/program asks for the CHKDSK support.
CHKDSK starts a scan of parts in use and obsolete and repairs errors.
It is timeconsuming but it is always a good idea to run chkdsk after an error-reboot.

The Chief

Reaction score
it's dirty? get rid of your p0rn!

/sorry, had to