• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Tray won't open on DVD-ROM drive

ericasfan73

Reaction score
The other day I opened the case on my PC and was using one of those compressed air dusters to get rid of some dust inside of the case. When I put everything back together and powered up my computer the tray will no longer open. The only way it will open is by pushing the emergency eject but and the regular eject button at the same time. Once it ejects, I can use the eject button to make the tray go in and out as long as I don't let it go all the way back in. Any of you guys know what the problem may be? I went ahead and ordered a new one since the one I have is about 4 years old. But I thought if it was something simple to fix, I could keep it as a spare instead of tossing it in the garbage.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
ericasfan73,

The other day I opened the case on my PC and was using one of those compressed air dusters to get rid of some dust inside of the case. When I put everything back together and powered up my computer the tray will no longer open. The only way it will open is by pushing the emergency eject but and the regular eject button at the same time. Once it ejects, I can use the eject button to make the tray go in and out as long as I don't let it go all the way back in. Any of you guys know what the problem may be? I went ahead and ordered a new one since the one I have is about 4 years old. But I thought if it was something simple to fix, I could keep it as a spare instead of tossing it in the garbage.

More than likely, you blew some dust into the tray mechanism which is now clogging up the tray. Open it up and, using a q-tip, rub some alcohol down both sides and as much of the interior sides as possible. Also try just blowing out the drive. That may help.

ericasfan73

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and bought a new one though. I still have the old one, I'll try your suggestion.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
so this is probly not going to help anyone but here go's what I have done in the past to fix situation.

forcibly pull draw out, hit close button.

if it wont close bye its self, push close button and slowly push draw in.

mine dose this rarly but it has happened

somewhere along the line it will pull it back in, sometimes not all the way once it has cought, open it with botton and pull it out all the way to open iff it stops short.

I do not recommend alcohol since most is only 75%-50% the rest is water. water and electronics dont mix well, and other than the tray it is a closed system.