• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Install WinXP64 over WinXP32

vdimitr

Reaction score
Plz advise if it is possible to install winxp64bit over the already installed winxp32.
And if this should solve 2 big problems with 32-bit: first the 500GB WD Sata HDD
is found as 130GB and the 4GB Ram as 3GB.
Thank you kindly.

P.S. I'm about to get pretty crazy with this!

PC Description

Motherboard P5N32-E NF680I SLI
CPU Core 2 Duo 6600
Ram Ram 4GB Kit DDR2 800MHz 5-5-5-15
Graphics 8800 GTS 640 MB HTDP

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
There is no advantage to 64-bit unless you have a 64-bit processor. That is the only reason you would need it. In all other cases it is better to have 32-bit.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
vdimitr,

First, let me address Cman's concerns. It appears that your CPU and mobo are 64 bit. So XP64 will be OK on your system. The current problem is that there is, still, very little software that has been ported to 64 bit. If you've already purshased XP64 then, I guess, its OK to go ahead and install it. Just remember that you still won't notice any big advantage until the software you use is also 64 bit.

OK, on to your questions:

Plz advise if it is possible to install winxp64bit over the already installed winxp32.

Yes, it is possible to install 64 over 32. But, IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA! Personally, I wouldn't do it. You're just asking for problems. If I were you, I'd back up all necessary data and then repartition (if necessary) and reformat. A bit of a pain but its 8 to 10 hours for a reformat and reinstall vs. who knows how many hours of frustration trying to fix niggling problems with the install. Just go ahead and reformat. Its easier in the long run.

And if this should solve 2 big problems with 32-bit: first the 500GB WD Sata HDD is found as 130GB...

I've only seen this once before (on 32 bit XP) and it had something to do with installing the correct SATA drivers. You should have a CD that came with the drive. Read the instructions as you may have to pull the power cable on the drive and install the drivers before you install the drive. Read the instructions, they'll tell you.

and the 4GB Ram as 3GB.

We just discussed that in the Tech section a little while ago. Let me find it and I'll put a link back in here.

OK, here's the link to the RAM question:

http://www.nudecelebforum.com/t22703-i-got-4gb-ram-but-the-os-only-see-3.html

Good luck and let us know.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
its never a good idea to perform an upgrade of ANY operating system. in my experience there are always problems.

always buy the full version and not an upgrade, so that you can do a complete fresh install.

vdimitr

Reaction score
Ok I'll try winxp64 and let you know. Thanx for the replies. C u in a couple of days
with updates

UltraLisk

Reaction score
we need people to do 64 bit... or else it will take forever to get there...

I am just not sure if 64 bit is worth it... almost better to just jumpt to like 124bit or something...

If you look at the growth of ram (about x5.5 times more then 10 years ago), makes you wonder were we will be in 10-15 years.. same mess? Also 128 bit gives you a much more massive number (or much more accurate floats and double)...

I never heard of anyone even talk about that, much less recommend it, but it seems like a smart idea so we are set for the next 20 years...

kind of like what we are doing with ipv6... sure ipv6 will take longter till its implemented, but once it is, we will never run out of IP address...

Why go from
4 294 967 295
to
18 446 744 073 709 551 615
when you can go to about
34 028 236 692 093 846 342 648 111 928 435 000 000 000
Hell, why not take it farther? Its not like the cpu would need to use the whole 128 bit or 256 bit.... I guess now the big issue is the bus...

64 bit upgrade seems to be such a massive pain for something that might be giving us more trouble then 32 bit is now in 20 years...

386 anyone?