• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Codecs

Max Johnson

Reaction score
I'm semi-computer savvy. I have no formal education or certificates of any kind but I've learned a few things here and there. Is there some complete listing of codecs that one needs to have? I'm missing a few here and there...some things I get off of kazaa/emule won't open (most do). I got divx at one point. I downloaded some VLC media player that's supposed to help preview emule files as you download them to see if they are the files you really want and it works like a charm but without that player they don't work. It's not a huge deal because I can watch almost everything with VLC but I was wondering if there was a codec warehouse that I can just download everything from.

In a related question, what is your media player of choice?

Thank you for your support,
Max Johnson

Ph8ed

Reaction score
Dude, I use emule and I just preview with windows media player. I recommend getting the Divx codec and searching KaZaA or eMule for a package titled "Every Codec You Could Think Of" or something like that. It has every one you'll ever need.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend getting codecs off programs like that for the simple reason that they are system files and depending on the quality and the "safety" of the file, it could totally fuck up your system. You never know what you're downloading off of there.

If you're looking for codecs, I would check out more respected websites.

Ph8ed

Reaction score
I never have any problems. I think the file is Nimo Codec Pack or something similar. You can always scan them with norton antivirus to ensure there are no viruses.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
Did not want a new thread, there are already 112 threads containing the word CODEC.

I have a question too

In 1996 i got an Elegard Codec, understood what it was and used it into my editor.
did not update my editor because i have to pay for it extra.
Some weeks ago i updated my codecs using a codec-pack.

Some days ago i was using the editor to save an Mpg file and reviewing the file i noticed that the Elegard watermark was gone.
This means that another codec is used to create the mpg.

The question :

If i have a movieclip (or whatever video), how can i find out the name of the codec in use?
It is probably some right-click in the right place but i dunno

***edit***

Funny how this slipped my attention the first time
Originally posted by Cman:
Find out what codecs are being used in the clip with Gspot

It works perfect

MysterioX

Reaction score
Windows Media 9 Codec, XVID, DivX, Sorenson 3, H264, 3ivx are all great codecs and VLC media player is good for playing them.

henrymm

Reaction score
for some reason VLC plays everything but now media player classic can't play anything now. anyone knows?