• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

PS3

PanMan

Reaction score
Here's the latest on ps3...

A couple days ago someone jumped the gun and misunderstood some comments, that spread a rumor that the price would be 600-750 bucks, it was later denied by Sony just yesterday.

Rumor:
Sony Slips PS3 Price
French VP drops the big news.
by Gerry Block

April 5, 2006 - The word is out. Yesterday, Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe George Fornay let the PS3's European price slip. According to Fornay, the PS3 will cost between 499 and 599 euros. That translates to between $613 and $736 for us in the States.

Sony has been saying that the PS3 will be expensive for months now, and Fornay followed up his blunder by insisting that these price points are a quality deal for a Blu-ray player. Nevertheless, all previous attempts at selling videogame consoles at this price point have been rather dramatic failures, even when the systems incorporated 'new' multimedia features.

There may be some hope for lower price points in America. The European market generally gets screwed in consumer electronics, like the $299 iPod selling in Europe for 299…euros. That's a huge difference. Will we see the PS3 launch in the States at $499? Let's hope so, or else we'll be looking at the 360 to carry the industry for the next 5 years.

Sony has recently stated that Fornay was making completely personal statements and speculation, and that the announcement is in no way official. On the other hand, they said the very same thing after Sir Howard Stringer, President of Sony, let slip to Variety, of all places, that the PS3 would be delayed until this fall. It would seem that Sony executives need a refresher course in minding their tongues when speaking to the press.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/700/700258p1.html

Denial:
Sony: PS3 Won't Cost $600-$750

Posted: 04/06/06

Yesterday's comment from the president of SCE France Georges Fornay that the PlayStation 3 could cost upwards of $750 was apparently misunderstood.
According to a GamesIndustry.biz interview, SCEE corporate communications director Nick Sharples clarified that the high cost was actually a description of the relative value of the PS3 as a Blu-ray disc player.

"Mr. Fornay explained that, with BD and HD functionality, PS3 at this price would be cheap for such functionality, but that current video games machines were significantly below this price," says Sharples. "At no time did he suggest or indicate a specific price point or price range for PS3, and any reports that he did so are incorrect."

Though the PS3 price point probably won't be announced for months to come, it is somewhat of a relief to hear Sony denying such a high price tag.

Also, here is a link with the latest info:
http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/misc/misc.asp?MiscID=88
laystation 3 Release Date Announcement Page

Current Sony PS3 Release Date: November 11th, 2006 in all regions of the world.

Release Price: Not announced. "At least 5,000 yen (about $425)". US price expected at $400 to $450.

Units Available at Launch: Sony announced that they are planning to have 6 million PS3 units available for launch date globally. The company will build them at the rate of one million units per month for 6 months prior to release.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
E3 finally gives up the final info on ps3. The controller stays the same except 1 added feature. They say: It looks and feels very much like a PlayStation 2 Dual Shock controller, but it has a secret inside: tilt and motion sensitivity with six degrees of freedom. One version is $500 with a 20gb hd and the other is $600 for a 60gb hd. This video shows what the controller can do http://www.e3insider.com/video/?type=floored My $600 is set to go, i got to thinking man this is the 1st time ever that consoles are up on technology when being released. (xbox had a pentium 3 long after p4 had been out) This will be the last console purchase for atleast half a decade so i gotta get the real deal. Almost every game on xbox will be on computer and ps3, so you basically have a 360 when you get a ps3 assuming you own a computer. Halo on xbox is phony compared to the computer version. And this is the world of Jap owned gaming companies.

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
E3 finally gives up the final info on ps3. The controller stays the same except 1 added feature. They say: It looks and feels very much like a PlayStation 2 Dual Shock controller, but it has a secret inside: tilt and motion sensitivity with six degrees of freedom.

omg!!! how could sony come of with that? there geniuses!!!

sarcasim aside...the price is a major turn off for me, sony has great systems and all but i'm not the biggest console fan to start with. of the 360, ps3 and wii...i might get the wii and that's cuz its advertising to the kid in me and i get to play some of the games i grew up with again.

hawk i

Reaction score
its a fact xbox 360 is more powerfull that the ps3 go to ign.com yea games on the ps3 might look better bc of the blue ray disc and hd in/outputs but the price is going to kill you (499 core 599 premium) and 360 ill have 160 games by holiday. i have 360 and its the shit but sony is over rated an their tying to be like nintendo with motion sensored controllers. im getting all 3 so i can be my own judge. nintendo has the most ex. then sony but microsoft is american and (we) always fuck shit up. my point dont go by what you hear untill you have your own poof wait till nov 17 2006 oh...and they have the original controll like the ps2.

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I have to agree with a lot of the comments that have been put forward. I'm nintendo til death it's what I've been brought up on but as I've gotten older I've had the available financies to get Xbox and Playstations. These new consoles are a must to have, the 360 continues to grow and impress me in every form I'll get one soon enough. The Wii excities me and all the technological advancements and new ideas are another selling point that will having me screaming until I get my hands on one! However the high price of a PS3 has made me a little concered. Over here in the UK it's priced around £400-£600..thats a hell of a lot. Especially as the Wii is coming out at £150!!!! Big difference!

sawtx

Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
E3 finally gives up the final info on ps3. The controller stays the same except 1 added feature. They say: It looks and feels very much like a PlayStation 2 Dual Shock controller, but it has a secret inside: tilt and motion sensitivity with six degrees of freedom.... Almost every game on xbox will be on computer and ps3, so you basically have a 360 when you get a ps3 assuming you own a computer. Halo on xbox is phony compared to the computer version.

Don't forget that the controller no longer has rumble, as they had to take it out because they lost a lawsuit and not because of the motion sensor like they say. There are plenty of Xbox exclusive games from Gears of War to Mass Effect to Viva Pinata to Lost Planet to Dead Rising to Forza 2 and ect., and Assasin Creed was running on a 360 and not PS3 at E3 from most rumors so many PS3 games will probably end up on the 360. Most Devs are saying the PS3 has slightly more power but is so much harder to code for that it might not be worth it, just look at ID and Carmack as now the 360 is their main platform for development and not PS3 or PC. I just need to tell you that Halo on PC was nothing compared to the console version.

phynix

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
PS3 to be delayed again in Europe. This due to the Blue Disk readers not be manufactured fast enough for the previous release date of November 11th. It now looks like Sony will release the PS3 in March of 2007. Japan and the US will get PS3 at the already stated release dates.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Sony is expecting people to be patient with ps3 games because of all the new ps2 games coming out. I have a ps3 and i'm not impressed at all with the line up, but atleast GOW2 is coming out. Anyway this game caught my eye and is a great example of the light years between current and next generation gaming. It reminds me of Pee Wee's playhouse meets The nightmare before Christmas. http://www.jaggle.nl/index.php/site/comments/little_big_planet/

kimosabi

Reaction score
so we're about 2 weeks away from EU release of the PS3

and i have seen an awful lot of shit talked about both consoles, and stupid comparisons done by limiting the PS3 to the 360's output capacity

and to be honest i think they are all wrong, as mentioned earlier, games like gears of war, lost planet etc have been in production for years, and i suspect that very few games for the PS3 have been in production this long (except maybe the final fantasy series, and maybe GT & GTA)

ive even seen people saying now the PS3 is here, the PS2 is dead, hmm, have these people no brains, they still releasing PS1 games, so i think the PS2 has at least 3 more years in it, the funniest thing was, they used the xbox as an example for why it was going to die

i really dont understand the logic (or lack of) used by the morons these days, i was highly suprised to see a lot of you actually appear to know what you're talking about, well done, very rare these days

and what about the news of possible goldeneye on virtual console :D 1337
to be h9onest i would like all 3 consoles to succeed, the wii with its innovations should be a successful party machine if nothing else, PS3 has the edge on graphical power, but we wont see the true potential for maybe 3 or 4 years yet
as with earlier consoles it will be about who makes games for what

but sony may have just won back a few fans, with the announcement that they will be releasing a new pad for the PS3 (they have patched up relations with the designer of the rumble feature for the PS2 pad, and now will work with them to add vibration to the new pads)

to be honest though, when the star wars game comes out for the wii, i dont think anybody with any taste will be playin much else

i have an inbuilt hatred for microsoft, but i wish them all the best for their console, as long as they stop lying about exclusive releases, as hopefully with more competition, will come better games

hopefully not the rushed shit we have been used to over the last 5 years, although with the ability to download patches, things should be able to move smoother after a few months of a game release
actuially i have far more to say about this, i will leave it for now, my fingers are tired

kimosabi

Reaction score
just seen the trailer for FF VII remake

OMFG, i nearly cum in my pants, i loved the original, now its gonna have good GFX :O

shame i'll have to wait at least another year to be able to get a PS3, maybe longer as theres no point me getting one with the quality & size of my TV

now, am i the only person actually looking forward to the ability to patch games on consoles

everybody i speak to about it (of my console gaming friends) see's it as herecy, and believe that everybody is just going to rush games

now correct me if im wrong, but most games appear rushed to me anyway, and back in the old days, if a game had errors, it had errors, no updates or nothing, and of those, there were many
but these people seem to forget about those games completely, and just get anxious that all games are going to go that way
i only hope that all these relentless chav sequels are going to die, do we really need another 10 burnouts & need for speeds, i mean, since EA bought the rights to burnout, isnt it the same game as N4S, all the bits from burnout that were almost unique are now in n4s, and vice versa

happy123

Reaction score
You got remember there are loads of PS2 owners out there still and Sony wants to make money by keeping them happy as well.

bignick

Reaction score
just seen the trailer for FF VII remake

OMFG, i nearly cum in my pants, i loved the original, now its gonna have good GFX :O

From what I've read, the FF VII intro movie they've shown for the PS3 was just to show the graphical power of the system. They said they had NO intentions on actually remaking the game. However, I also read that Sony was surprised how excited that tech demo made people get...so they are now considering the possibility of remaking it. What does that mean? Don't get your hopes up. I'm with you though, FF VII is one of my favorite of all time games; I'd love for it to be remade.

onlikecorn

Reaction score
i saw a trailer for the final fantasy xiii which..if that was gameplay as they said...would be just amazing...