• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

De La Hoya-Hopkins fight

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
Man I have no respect for De La Hoya any more. I don't know if you guys read USA Today, But in the Friday Issue he was on the front page saying how he was going to try and clean up boxing and make it a legitamite sport again. But after this fight, he made the "sport" take about 3 steps back. It hurts me as a former De La Hoya fan, to know he as just a corrupt as the whole "sport" of boxing. Sturm totally out boxed Oscar, He landed more shots at a higher percentage and the judges were way off on the score card. I agree with Harold Lettermans card, and he had Sturm winning by 2 rounds. Shit, man just look at there faces, Oscar was bleeding profusly out of his nose and Sterm looked no worse for ware. It was a sad night, last night.

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
maybe they were giving him a break from the shitty judges from the De La Hoya - Mosley fight which clearly Oscar won.........even shane mosleys dad thought Oscar won but later tried to say that he didn't say anything like that

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
I Disagree slightly...I Don't think Sturm did enough to get the win from a superstar boxer, why...because 98% of his punches were jabs! and thats not exagerating a bit. Oscar lit his ass up with combos almost every round, but because Strum jabbed him at will it seemed like Oscar was getting beat. So from a pure boxers point of view Oscar looked better on the offensive, but just looked really bad defensivley. I didnt have a strong belief of who one either way, so i would have said a draw. I just believe you have to do more than jab to win a fight unless its obvious its really hurting the opponent like Larry Holmes jabs did. The jab is the setup punch not the total package. The thing is though Oscar just knew he was going to get a knockout early so he ran out of steam quick, but im not sure he has the power for a middle weight it seemed like he couldn't hurt Strum, so i'll expect Hopkins maybe to win. If Sturm would have mixed it up a little instead of jab jab and then run the last 10 seconds of every round maybe the call would have looked bad, but It wasnt a bad call to me and certainly not "bad for boxing"!

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
A rematch hehe come on now!! Would you want to see a rematch? Boxing is a business you know. Shitty one on some peoples part but thats why he'll fight Hopkins now, cause its a business. Pitter Patter figters dont win fights and like i said he ran the last 10 seconds of every round that wasnt smart it was disrespectful to people who paid to see a "fight".

Da' Pimp

Forum O.G.
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
it was disrespectful to people who paid to see a "fight".

If I pay to see a fight, I want to see a fucking fight, not a hit and a knockout............

coclarkson

Reaction score
if you want to see real fighting, watch K-1. Bob Sapp 6'7" 350lbs. he's a monster. i don't think he's ever been beaten. tyson was asked if he would ever fight him using boxing federation rules and tyson said "hell no!" K-1 is on espn2 sometimes but is on pay-per-view every month.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Sapp sux dude he gets his ass beat all the time!! Crocop took him out with a body kick :lol: K1 fuckin rules though! And Pride fighting is really good now days with the whole team Gracie vs. team Japan thing, gracies suck too though now anyone see pitbull gracie get knocked out in 6 seconds last week? hehe An the whole running away part i mentioned above was the disrespectful thing i was talking about.

olson99

Reaction score
For those of you who said oscar won because of the power punches needs to see the fight stats, Sturm didn't throw as many but landed only a few less at a much higher percentage, Most of de la hoyas body blows were glancing off of the forearms anyone watching that figh knows the only reason sturm didn't win is because he was fighting a big name in boxing, if that would have been sturm vs. joe blow sturm would have been the victor.

olson99

Reaction score
He ran the last 10 seconds because he was smart de la hoya didn't do shit the whole round and then would try to steal it at the end with a flurry, He ran so de la hoya couldn't steal the round, but instead he stole the whole fight.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Boxing

well ole MIke got his ass beat last night!! Sux if you ask me. He got bombarded with punch after punch in the 4th and went down. He wasn't even seriously hurt at all, he was just too tired really. I just don't think his heart is in it anymore. Sad to say this is probably the end of the road for him.

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
He didnt even try to get up. His trainers hand picked his opponent. They other guy obviously did his homework, after the bout, he even told reporters that he knew Tyson would tire out. He waited for it to happen then just pounded on iron mike..

You could see it in Tysons eyes after the fight that he was just stunned.. he didnt look the same afterwards. It too bad, Mike used to be a bad dude.hes 5-4-2 in his last 11 fights. Well, theres always video of him in his hey day...

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for the guy. They reported this morning that he tore up his knee and couldn't throw any rights.

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Bernard Hopkins and Oscar De la hoya...Hopkins gets the ko from a body shot in the 9th!! Looked like a weak shot too, he needs to stay away from the big boys. He was doing damn well till he hit the mat too.

ktj4l

Reaction score
Tyson is retarded. He should quit before he dies.

Zinista

Koalas & Kangaroos kill people
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
He's only doing it for $$$$.. He's knee deep in debt! :?

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
Now yall know Tyson has signed on to fight in K-1 right. Hasn't made all the major headlines for some reason. We are gonna get to see mike kicking and taking kicks, and its gonna be some wild ass shit. I bet they give him 1 or 2 bottom of the barrel fighters at first, then they will put in big ass Sapp in there with him. They've already gotten into it. Read more here..... http://www.eastsideboxing.com/boxing-news/tyson2908.php

ktj4l

Reaction score
He's going to get kicked in the face and just die.

therock

Reaction score
Duke E. Pyle said:
Bernard Hopkins and Oscar De la hoya...Hopkins gets the ko from a body shot in the 9th!! Looked like a weak shot too, he needs to stay away from the big boys. He was doing damn well till he hit the mat too.

Rumour has it that Delahoya bet all his money AGAINST himself.... then lost purposely. I watched the fight, it did look like a weak ass punch to the liver... how many times have we seen a KO by a liver shot? It was a close fight, some people even had Oscar ahead.... maybe he wanted to go down, only after he proved to himself taht he could of won.

If it is true i dont blame him. He has been screwed so many times throught his career...

chrisp6999

Reaction score
I would pay big money to see Tyson fight a gorilla or a kangaroo. They would be muzzled of course for Mike's safety...maybe Mike would have to be muzzled too. Anyways, it's only a matter of time before he starts fighting animals, i hope anyhow.

ktj4l

Reaction score
chrisp6999 said:
I would pay big money to see Tyson fight a gorilla or a kangaroo. They would be muzzled of course for Mike's safety...maybe Mike would have to be muzzled too. Anyways, it's only a matter of time before he starts fighting animals, i hope anyhow.
That's the most fucked up prediction ever. Welcome to the site!