• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Windows Media Player playback problem

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I've noticed recently that a percentage of avi's that I play through Windows Media Player 11, are now having a playback issue. It wasn't a problem before.

If I click on a point on the movie timeline or move the playback head forward or backward the audio plays right away, but the video freezes at the jump point. It's never been a problem before, but now, i have to stop the video, go back to the beginning and play it from the start and it plays fine. I can take those files though and play them via the divx player and have no problem, jumping ahead or back. It's only through WMP 11 that I have this issue now.

This issue has never happened before, and it's not an issue with some avis, nor any of my mpegs, wmv, flv, or mov files.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Fixed issue. Had to re-install

dls1

Mr. Nemcova
Reaction score
Update your codecs, or simply download VLC Player.

luddite

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
wmp

I second that. VLC has yet to give me any problems. I gave up on WMP years ago. Just google VLC, it's a free download.

Sahataba

"V" Is for Vagina
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I prefer GOM player, but that's just me.

Last edited:

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Update your codecs, or simply download VLC Player.

I updated the divx codecs. I don't have xvid, but that was never a problem before.

I tried to update the player, but it says the player is updated, so I dont know about whether I need to update avi or certain codecs from microsoft.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Fixed the issue. Had to reinstall.

I;ve known about VLC ... but haven't made the jump to getting it yet. Just seemed like a generic player along with some of the other open source based player.

And what program in any aspect doesn't attempt to spy on you.