• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

NHL hockey

coclarkson

Reaction score
does anybody really care? about 10% of the worlds population actually watch hockey and 9% of them live in canada. i hope the nhl has a lock out next season. the game originated in canada and should of stayed there. can anyone pronounce any of the players names? i didn't even know columbus, ohio had a pro hockey team until last year, and i live in columbus! same with soccer only replace canada with spain.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
well, incase you haven't realized, the world doesn't revolve around you, so i couldn't really give a fuck about your opinion.

however, i will agree that the NHL as a league though, does suck ass.

the "minor" leagues we have in canada are waaaayyy better than the NHL. the main reason being they actually focus on the GAME rather than marketing, advertising and billion dollar salaries.

so yeah, if the NHL does go on strike, i don't really care either. i'll just watch some REAL hockey instead

singhr

Reaction score
Go HITMEN Go!!!

Calgary Hitmen ROCK!!! :D

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
unfortunatly, not being from canada, i cant check out canadian minor leagues, tho i do read bout them occasionally and hear about some pretty good talent coming outta there. I would love to catch a game up there sometime, but for now, imma stick wit tha ahl and nhl

Yes the marketing aspect of the nhl sucks, but i care if theres a lockout i need my hockey here, and i need big leagues so id be pretty bummed if the nhl locked out again. It wont be so bad if they do around here tho this year cause of the abundance of minor league teams. The last lockout sucked here in CT, All there was were the Whalers, thats it. So im guessin this time around wont be such a big loss.

There definatly needs to be some changes in the front office, or i think pro hockey is screwed... worse than it already is

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I say let the americans have the NHL. Then they can do whatever they want with it and they can see just how sucky they can make it.

Us up here, on the other hand, will start our own NHL-level league and we'll show you how its done.

I think that would kick ass, and the best part being we wouldn't have to worry about Gary Bettman, or american woos-ass anti-fighting fags or the exchange rate.

Oh yeah, obviously we'd be taking the cup too. (if you look up the history of the Stanley Cup, the original purpose of it was to be awarded to the CANADIAN champion, so its ours)

Gonjawolverine

Reaction score
If or when the NHL comes out of it's little bullshit lockout, it is going to be a watered down version of itself. Do they really expect the players to take substatial pay cuts? The Redwings have a payroll around $80 million and from what I have been told the owners want a salary cap at right around $30 million. The reprucutions it will have on the entire league will be pretty big, I know they are trying to even the playing field but sometimes having a salary cap does nothing for a sport. The Salary cap does not mean shit for baseball, look at he world series last year Yanks vs. Marlins, $160 Million vs. $30 Million, and of course we know all that spending on players does not buy Wins. Myself a Redwing fan, this is a cold hard truth to me.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Oh boohoo, we only won the cup like 3 out of the past 5 years or whatever :roll:

Wings fans have absolutely nothing to complain about. Try being a habs fan :?

coclarkson

Reaction score
good, then maybe the owner of the red wings , Mike Illitch, will spend some money on the tigers, which he also owns.

wouldn't hockey be better if after the first overtime, the game would move to a shootout? to me, a non-hockey fan,it would be exciting. it would eliminate ties. why would the nhl allow ties? you watch a three hour game and it ends in a tie? come on.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
shoot outs are the WORST idea EVER!!

maybe i just think that because we (canada) suck at them and always lose, but i still think they're stupid.

SugarDaddy

Reaction score
I agree with you about shootouts, cman. Shootouts suck in soccer, they'd suck in hockey. One of the things I love about hockey is that you don't quit playing in favor of some bullshit arbitrary luck match, which is all a shootout is. You play until someone wins.

I do think they should eliminate the tie. Play until there's a score, even if it takes all night.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
SugarDaddy said:
I do think they should eliminate the tie. Play until there's a score, even if it takes all night.
Nah, it would be too hard with all the games they play.

deathray

Reaction score
Your right about alot of your comments on hockey Cman. I'm ashamed to say I'm a Hab fan after this year's team. Those two faggots that dive and lose the puck because of a pussy slash are a joke. What the fuck does Bettman know about Hockey! He's got his nose so far up the American ass, it's yellow. Don't you just love junior hockey...they got tons of heart and don't give a shit about their portfolio. There's only two times a year to watch hockey..at xmas ( the world junior tourn ) and nhl playoffs. Go Calgary!

nekkid

Reaction score
I agree with you guys on some things. But I think the NHL kinda gets screwed. Hockey is not marketed in the US like basketball or football. Think about it. In the 70's basketball was struggling pretty bad. Then they started marketing the hell out it. Jordan was in commercials TNT started marketing the laker/celtic feud. Jordan vs. Bird. Football is a marketing machine as well. Hockey had a little bit of a push behind it in the 80's with Gretzky and Lemieux.

Here is a good example. ESPN/Sportscenter. They have just about all the power in the world of sports. High School athletes when making a decicion on what school to play for are heavily swayed by how many games are played on ESPN. They want Dick Vitale to call them a diaper dandy, they want to be seen by 30 milliion in a bowl game. ESPN makes athletes into gods, period.

Each sport has an exciting element to it that everyone likes. For example a slam dunk. I think a slam dunk is equal to a good fight in hockey. There is more to hockey than fights, just like there is more to basketball than dunks. Sportscenter shows about 1,000 dunks per show. No hockey fights. They might show a few seconds of it, but thats it.

ESPN claims that they are a family network and do not want to show violence since they are owned by disney/abc. A bunch of BS. If there is one little scuffle in baseball, basketball, football, etc it is shown over and over. And lets face it hockey has the best fights. Any other sport EVERYONE jumps in and never let the guys go at it. Its so stupid. How many replays of Pedro martinez throwing don zimmer to the ground did you see? Buy the best of hockey fights 2004 dvd and you will be amazing fights that you never saw on ESPN.

Hockey is only played on cable w/ the exeption of CBC and a few games a year on abc (regular season). The exposure is limited as well. You could argue that the ratings are aweful, but they were good in the late 80's early nineties when they were marketing their big names like Gretzky.

Obviously I'm a hocey fan. I'm not Canadian, I am American, I think hockey could get off its feet in America its an exciting fast paced game. It needs a chance.

coclarkson

Reaction score
espn markets hockey just as much as it does any other sport. i remember the "hockey factory" commercials this season. hockey just doesn't appeal to people, especially in the U.S. i think a big reason why is not many high schools in the U.S. have a hockey program. there is not too many kids who have the opportunity to play the sport, so they have no interest in getting involved with hockey or becoming a fan of it. nike was a huge factor in the early 80's for the marketing success of the NBA by signing players to shoe deals. the Jordan/Spike Lee commercials were very popular in pursuading kids to buy $100 shoes. by the mid-80's every basketball player had a shoe deal and you could go to the nearest foot locker and wear what your favorite player wears.

nekkid

Reaction score
Exactly, Nike marketed Sergei fedorov, and a few others, it worked out great. Then they just stopped. How do you think its marketed as much as everything else. A few commercials?

IHateHonda

The Icon
Reaction score
Well, Joe Thornton of the Bruins obviously didnt feel to good bout the possible lockdown... he just signed with a team outta the sweedish elite league... shitty NHL

maroon_golf

Reaction score
The players will go and play for i dont know how much money(not NHL $) anywhere in the world but theyll go on strike if they dont get 10m$ here...??? WTF IS WRONG WITH THOSE FUCKING RETARDS?.....Ill play in the NHL for 50k a year...
Professional sport is really starting to piss me off... :pissed: :pissed:

nekkid

Reaction score
I agree maroon, it is ridiculous, but I don't really blame the players. I mean why not hold out for 10 million and test the market? Who doesn't want to make the most money possible?

I think the blame is on the fans for paying outrageously high ticket, and concession prices. If people would get their heads out of their ass and stop paying 60$ to watch a boxing match on Pay Per View, or thousands for front row seats there would be lock outs and hold outs. I guess its more a corporate problem then the average fan. It kinda sucks, I'm from Detroit and I go to the Palace or Joe Louis Arena and its all suits. That isn't right.