• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Buying a Dell?

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I was thinking about buying a laptop from them when I sell my old comp. Thanks for finding this. I'm glad I bought my Dell a couple years ago.

C

Cobra

As of July 19, 2005, Ask Jeeves has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp ("IAC"), and, thus, IAC now controls My Way's privacy practices. IAC has informed us that it does not plan to make any immediate changes to My Way's privacy practices. This means that this Privacy Policy will remain in place after we become an IAC company; and IAC will treat users' personal information with the same respect, and subject to the same constraints, as apply under this policy.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cobra,

Thats some great legalese, but what does it mean? Will Myway still be included on all Dells? And if so, what the heck do they need the info for?

C

Cobra

sorry that is quoted from Myway not from Dell

Makes me worry about using ask jeeves for anything now. this place is infecting everything.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Depending on how you define SpyWare, Compaqs have come with their own spyware for a while now. I spend more time uninstalling all the crap before I get around to strating to actually install programs. In fact one of the first things I do before I install Office is uninstall the Office Trial Version. Sometimes you can upgrade from it, other times you're in Microsoft Hell.

I'm finding the smaller brands have less spyware. Averatec laptops, WinBook laptops, some of the smaller "house" brands of computers come much cleaner than all the ones from the big boys.

When you make price your top three considerations when you buy a computer, you can't complain when the manufacturer does what it takes to make a price.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Compaq?

I guess that figures. It seems like spyware is the wave of the future. I guess this is really getting down to how much a person values their privacy. If you do, do something to stop it. If you don't, buy a Dell or Compaq. I imagine HP is probably doing the same thing. Its too bad you can't build your own laptop.

peckerhead72

Reaction score
If you are going to buy a name brand pc I would choose Dell they have less bullshit software than compaq or hp,in my opinion HP and Compaq suck and will never buy one, i build my own. Dell's do come with Myway software but it can be uninstalled.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
I order a lot of laptops from Dell for my clients, and the first thing I do is wipe the whole hd, then reinstall everything! They load WAY too much unneccesary crap on their machines IMO!

As far as workstations go, I build all of them from scratch, even though they might cost a bit more than a fully loaded machine from Dell, etc. But at least you know what sort of components you are putting in the box!

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
swede68 said:
I order a lot of laptops from Dell for my clients, and the first thing I do is wipe the whole hd, then reinstall everything!

Unless you go out and buy a retail version of Windows, don't you use the Dell recovery disk to rebuild and just get all the Dell spyware back on a freshly formatted disk? I'm not sure that works but would like to know if your experience is different than what I would expect.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
AS I'VE SAID COUNTLESS TIMES BEFORE, NEVER BUY A DELL!

DUDE!!! THEY SUCK!

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
What Dell brings to the table is their web site. It’s one of the best at providing all the drivers and data you’ll need to maintain a computer over 5 years. But the hardware is no different than anyone else’s. Same Microsoft Op Sys, one of two video card makers, same hard drive manufacturers, etc.

Many of us geeks wouldn’t buy one because of the spyware, the fact that we don’t need the comfort of the big name and we are not the least bit intimidated by having to find our own drivers, etc. 3-4 years ago Dell's support was the best. Now its as bad as, but no worse, than anyone else’s.

Dell was smart enough to see that people buy price over support. Dell gave them price. Every Dell flyer I get has a $400 laptop in it that will barely run out of the box.

However, I have client’s who wouldn’t buy anything but a Dell. Since I don’t make money by selling them away from Dell, I don’t.

singhr

Reaction score
Ya... 'cause you know how stupid all those Indian people are.... :mad:

Bob_Box

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
singhr said:

not knocking the indian people but sometimes on the phone I don't know what the hell they're saying......this also goes for most english second language people though that I speak with. In person can get it a little better

blazin

Lost Member
Reaction score
Hey i'm ESL!!! well sorta...I am esl...but been speaking english since i was 5 or 6...so i have no accent....except a canadian one...i wonder what that sounds like....

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
singhr said:

singhr,

I'm not saying that East Indian people are stupid at all. Far from it. But this is just another example of an American company shipping more jobs overseas. I realize that some of these jobs do deserve to be in India but others should be kept in the US.

And I have to agree with Bob Box. I've never owned a Dell but I've known a lot of people that have. Many of which have had the same complaint about not being able to understand what someone is saying. But, of course, Dell isn't the only hardware or software company moving their call centers overseas.

blazin said:
Hey i'm ESL!!!

OK. Whats ESL?

evilrick

celebs zips video man
Reaction score
let me put an end to this right now

let me put an end to this right now i am using a dell to write this measeage and cman right is they suck.

the point; dont buy a dell ......i warn you ...........