• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Burn ISO image

HOBBAM

Reaction score
I have various files, mpg, avi, mov, flv, divx, xvid.

I have a dvd player that can play all types of files, so I can just create a data disc and it will play those files on the disc.

However other players that are older aren't able to play those files, and it has to be an iso image or traditional dvd. So I have to create the disc differently. I would have to convert the file to a different type then burn it through another program that creates dvd's and that whole process can take 3 hours. As is, some that I try, where the file is 1.3-1.5gigs, the program says it doesn't have enough temp space on a 4.7 disc for some weird reason.

What is a good program or the easiest way to convert various media files to an iso image to be a dvd that can play on older dvd players?

ptb_666777

Reaction score
Sothink Movie DVD Maker or Movie DVD Maker, free on download.com I use both of them. yes encoding vids takes awhile.

mervin

Reaction score
Whenever you convert a avi or mpg file to a dvd (NTSC) format you lose a tremendous about of image quality. Generally speaking, mpg and avi files are compressed, so they don't lend themselves well to being converted back to dvd quality. You'd probably be better of converting them from avi or mpg to mpg4. A lot of DVD players can play files that are in mpg4 format.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Sothink Movie DVD Maker or Movie DVD Maker, free on download.com I use both of them. yes encoding vids takes awhile.

The encoding part is the part I hate, because of how long it takes and recently going through the process in one instance, after 3 hours, it reported an error...which is why I was asking if there was an easier and quicker way. Right now I;m using roxio.

If I wanted to edit a movie...cut it up in parts, add audio, etc...what would be a good recommendation? Some of the programs I've used in the past don't cut it.

HOBBAM

Reaction score
Whenever you convert a avi or mpg file to a dvd (NTSC) format you lose a tremendous about of image quality. Generally speaking, mpg and avi files are compressed, so they don't lend themselves well to being converted back to dvd quality. You'd probably be better of converting them from avi or mpg to mpg4. A lot of DVD players can play files that are in mpg4 format.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

If I converted any file to mpg4, do I still have to encode it to a dvd as a video cd/dvd, or can I create a data disc dvd and put the mpg4 file on it? On the data disc part I know I can do it and play it on my player, but for older players would that work?

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I don't edit video, but I have herd good things about windows movie maker 2. I haven't had any trouble encoding, try lowering processor usage will take longer but might help, also I encode when I am in bed. I encode a full length movie in about 2 hours at max pro usage. Encoding is a bitch, but worth the wait.