• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Entry-Level IT Jobs?

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
So I have about three more months left of college and I will be graduating with my Bachelors of Science in Information Technology....

Any suggestions on entry-level jobs? I know quite a bit about IT but I don't have the REAL WORLD experience...

Anyone else in IT?

Any advice/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

- Kaneinite -

pierzi

Reaction score
hi bro
it's quite old post but maybe You still need an answer:)
anyway - my first it job was involved with pc hardware and ihmo this the best way to start Your adventure:D
good luck;)

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i'm sorry to tell you that you don't automatically get a job as soon as you graduate. maybe you will get lucky, but more likely it will be a very long and painful process.

not trying to be a downer, but look at me. i graduated in 2002 and have been trying to get a "real" tech job ever since. the entire reason for the existence of this forum is due to my inability to get a real tech job. i started exp0sed to make money. anyway, having said that, i'm about to finally start a tech job with the gov't in about 10 days, but it was a hard road to get here.

the best thing to do is just to get out there and meet some people. trying to get some connections made and see if you can work some magic. most good jobs are obtained through knowing people and networking. its a very annoying and rigged game that employers play, but its just the way things are.

GOOD LUCK! sorry for being negative.

edit: didn't notice the date lol

ghostdog210

Reaction score
Software issues r my specialties.

So I have about three more months left of college and I will be graduating with my Bachelors of Science in Information Technology....

Any suggestions on entry-level jobs? I know quite a bit about IT but I don't have the REAL WORLD experience...

Anyone else in IT?

Any advice/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

- Kaneinite -
I know of what u speak. I graduated with a BSEE, went to school to be a computer analyst, but the "real world" experience was never mentioned in classes, so I did not know how important knowing nothing really is.:vomit: I know a lot more about computers from personal experience than most techs I encounter at my ISP, but they have experience:crazy:. I may not have enough experience, but I can do a lot more than those idiots that r working. Good luck, and u might be one of those that gets hired like most of my classmates.:)

ptb_666777

Reaction score
hi all,
I skipped the collage thing, too experience and time consuming. I went to my local office max, spent 30 bucks on a simple, yet effective business cards. I spread about half by going to local businesses and leaving a small stack (25 cards) with permission. I offered extremely low rates as long as they promised to spread the word. I would also give them 5 or so cards.

It cost around 30 bucks, I had 6 calls I charged between 30 and 50 each. There was a small return after subtracting the 4$ a gallon gas cost.

With better self promotion I could have done massively better, but it is a start, and real world experience.

I have not put much work into getting it going, and I am not bonded or anything. If I suddenly do well then all the legal stuff will be paid for and taken care of.

You are welcome to use this idea, just don't forget where it came from, unless you get into trouble.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
ptb, that sort of thing might be fine for a summer job, but you won't make a career out of something like that. you also won't get health insurance, pension plan etc.

ptb_666777

Reaction score
I agree, no benefits like the stuff you said, however If you apply yourself like I did not you could easily make enough to get by while looking for a better job. That and the hands on real world experience, personal references, and new situations you'll have to get threw defiantly looks good on resume.

If you do it right and commit you could be the one everyone calls the boss.

Unfortunately tho, I never realy went for it.

Sure beats flipping burgers, right?