• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Ubuntu

MysterioX

Reaction score
http://www.ubuntu.com/

What is Ubuntu?

Ubuntu is a community developed, linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. It contains all the applications you need - a web browser, presentation, document and spreadsheet software, instant messaging and much more. Ubuntu is free software.

FREE! Nice!

So before I go ahead and try this out has anyone already got it and if so what do you think of it??

UltraLisk

Reaction score
I got it... but nothing beats the convenient of windows...

All my application are on windows, all my games work on windows, etc, etc, etc...

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I have a techie friend that is a big fan of it. He says its great.

I would love to use Linux if I could, but it just takes too much effort and there isn't enough mainstream software.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
is a good OS, no question... but like I said, Windows overall beats it out by a long shot just for the fact all my software/games is written for it...

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
I'd love for anyone to tell me more about Ubuntu. Have a buddy who installed it on a laptop, and so far I love what he has shown me. But as most of you have pointed out, I'm tied to Microsox as far as software goes. HAVE to have my Photoshop/Illustrator/Flash/Dreamweaver/etc. If that wasn't the case, I would have swiched to Linus's OS ages ago.

I do have a buddy who is running this OS, and he is testing the Windows emulator for me. I know the've (Windows running on Mac) been around for ages as far as Linux goes, so I'll keep youz guyz informed...

MysterioX

Reaction score
I wanna create and put Ubuntu on a seperate partition of my hard drive but dont wanna lose my current XP files and data, anyone know any tools for this?

Will something like partition magic do the job?

Thanks.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I wanna create and put Ubuntu on a seperate partition of my hard drive but dont wanna lose my current XP files and data, anyone know any tools for this?

Will something like partition magic do the job?

Thanks.

yes. you can make a separate partition with partition magic. then you just boot from the install disk and select the NEW drive to install on (ie. D: or G:) instead of C:

be careful though, because you can fuck up your computer. make sure to backup anything important first. once you have it installed, you can dual boot the OS'. shouldn't have any problems after its ready to go.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
most linux distros (im pretty sure ubuntu included) have the abiilty to partition and instal a dual boot loader.

when installing check the option to create a new partition, and it will most likely install GRUB the bootloader.

yeah...

Install XP normally (or defrag) then install Ubuntu, but when installing ubuntu create a partition for it and install GRUB (so you can choose what OS you want on bootup).

You do not need to use partition magic or gparted...

I have been using this setup for a long time now... problem is I never use ubuntu because windows is just to comfortable.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Moron and Minion baby YEA!?! My apologies. I don't normally respond to jackasses like this...Just a wee bit bored I guess...

divx and xvid baby yea

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Mysteriox,

I must have missed this thread. Anyway, it seems we had a discussion along this line quite a while back. I think Preferred User brought it up. Anyway, you may want to check out Knoppix. You can find it here:

http://www.knoppix.org/

Its really kind of nice. You download it, burn it to CD, and then make sure (in the BIOS) that your CD Rom is the first boot device. Once thats set, just reboot with the Knoppix CD in the drive. On bootup you'll be asked if you want to boot from the CD or want to go on to the HD. Choose the CD.

This system is really nice in that you can play with a version of Linux and not have to immediately repartition and install two operating systems. If you decide you like playing with it, then download Ubuntu and start messing with it.

I think you'll like it. Worth a try anyway.

MysterioX

Reaction score
Thanks mindido, theres alot of big files to downlaod so it may take me a while.

Tele

Reaction score
ubuntu xp & vista

Why would you run vista and XP on the same machine? Vista is basically XP with a load of tweaks and features, there's no defining differences between the two, aside from less memory leaks.

I dual booted slackware/XP a year ago, linux is a must for (web/software) developers.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Thanks mindido, theres alot of big files to downlaod so it may take me a while.

Mysteriox,

I just checked the site and I think there is only one big file to DL. It's version 5.1, it's 696 Mb and dated 03 Jan 2007. I haven't read the recent instructions but I'm pretty sure you only need the one file. I don't think a whole lot more will fit on a CD.

I think I'll DL it myself as my version is quite old.

Good luck.

jlevo

Reaction score
So what advantage is their to dual-booting ubuntu with, say XP.

I would consider this if there was an advantage somewhere...

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
So what advantage is their to dual-booting ubuntu with, say XP.

I would consider this if there was an advantage somewhere...

jlevo,

Advantage? Well, that depends on you. Most of us that use Linux (or at least play around with it) are not real happy with Microsoft. So the primary advantage is to get away from using Windows as much as possible. But there are other advantages such as security (nowhere near as many virus' or spyware written for it). Do a Google search on Linux advantages, you should come up with more info.