• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Who is the best cricket team?

marquis

Reaction score
Australia has been #1 for a while now but have lost some key world class players.I remember the 2005 Ashes matches-as long as Shane Warne was around it was always going to be difficult. Now he's gone and Adam Gilchrist too, that's two great players and having two great players in a side is often the difference between winning and losing.It's going to be interesting from now on.

jlevo

Reaction score
I wouldn't discount England, Just look what they've done to New zealand at Trent Bridge. I honestly reckon we'll beat the Aussies next time, as long as we keep ponting under control.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Australia are number one but fading fast, we need to find another fast bowler and quality spinner quick smart. South Africa or India are best placed to take our mantle as number one.

Unit

Reaction score
A little off topic, but do any of you know how American Baseball skills translate to Cricket skills. Kind of similar mechanics seemingly. I guess what am asking is would a good baseball player naturally be a good cricket player and visa versa?Never played Cricket, but it looks like fun.

marquis

Reaction score
A little off topic, but do any of you know how American Baseball skills translate to Cricket skills. Kind of similar mechanics seemingly. I guess what am asking is would a good baseball player naturally be a good cricket player and visa versa?Never played Cricket, but it looks like fun.

In essence they are similar games but this isn't surprising as both have roots in England (baseball is a development of rounders)
One major difference is that the ball hits the ground before reaching the bat.A bowler(pitcher) can spin the ball so is changes direction and/or speed on bouncing.The ball can also swing in the air (follow a curved path) and some bowlers can make the ball swing late i.e. it goes in a straight line at first then starts to curve.The bowler is also allowed to aim the ball at the batsman.The batsman remains there until he is out;this might mean all day so there is a stamina issue.Also this stamina issue applies to bowlers because the action is different and the bowler delivers the ball while running towards the batsman.
Fielding is different in that no gloves are allowed except by the one designated player who stands behind the batsman.The ball is smaller and harder than that used in baseball.
So although the games have similarities the skills are different.Of course a player with quick reactions who can hit a ball with a stick will manage well in either game but that's about it.

darklordzoidberg

Reaction score
Australia for some time now. England will never be the best in the world unless more is put in at the grass roots level of the game.

Maybe football(soccer) could grant some of its vast amount of revenue to the other sports.

scoundrel

Reaction score
This is a good question. The obvious answer has to be Australia, at least for now. England took the Ashes back this year: this was a great effort and Australian cricket fans are no doubt still asking how exactly that happened, but it was a feat of courage and luck. To be honest, Australia were mugged.

England were slaughtered last time they toured Australia. They have for years be guilty of not being mentally prepared, of thinking they are just going to turn up and play some cricket. The story will replay in 2010-2011 if they are not careful. Australia will still have Ricky Ponting, one of the best batsmen I have ever seen, and they have really fine players coming up. Their most serious problem is finding a regular test-class spinner to replace Shane Warne but Nathan Hauritz impressed me both as a practitioner and as a typical Australian player, full of fight, when I watched him in the 2009 Ashes series. The decision not to play him in the final test may well be the reason why Australia lost that game and lost the Ashes. I think Australia are rebuilding very intelligently wheras England are treading water and likely to tour Australia next winter with a side which is actually weaker than the side which flew to South Africa last November.

Best side in the world: Australia, every day of the week. But England would worry them quite a lot more if the ECB didn't have such an elbow-posterior differentiation problem.:mad:

marquis

Reaction score
Looking at the IPL it's become obvious to me that India will be the dominant side in world cricket before long. The IPL is bringing forward so may talented young players. I know that 20-20 isn't the same as test cricket but talent is talent and India has such an enormous pool to draw on.