• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Hard drive cleanup:

mch81

Reaction score
I recently moved a large number of files from my laptop hard-drive to an external hard-drive. I now wish to cleanup the now free area in my laptop computer. I remember taking a class in college and the professor was talking about a program that randomly feels any free hard-drive space in your computer with random 1's and 0's and then deletes them, thus masking any traces of the files that used to exist there. (the professor recommended running this program, several times (5 to 7) in order to succesfully erase all traces).

Since I was probably drunk at the time, or because of several drunk episodes since the completion this class, I cant seem to remember the name of the program.

Does anyone know of such a program? Do you have any recommendations of how I might be able to achieve my goal? I will be eternally grateful for any help I can get on this.

(Sorry for my long ass story)

mch81

Reaction score
fills (not feels) stupid brain filled with scotch

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
you don't really have to do it, unless its top secret info that you don't want to be recovered.

once stuff is deleted, the only way its coming back is if you get some really smart tech guy that knows the complicated stuff. no "regular" person is going to be able to recover any of it.

the one thing i would recommend doing is defragmenting so that the remaining files will be organized properly. if it moves that stuff around enough, it should overwrite some of the old stuff in the process.

mch81

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I defrag about once a month so I guess I will just do it twice this month. The article was informative, and I'll get around to using a common used file shredder when my laptop gets outdated and I give it away.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
mch81,

Here's the app I think you are interested in:

http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/

Its called "Eraser" and works pretty well, as far as I can tell. But it does take some time for a large HD. Once installed, its available with a right click on a drive but, because it does take a while, I've really only used it when getting rid of a drive. You can set it for the amount of times that it will over write a sector (up to defense dept. specs.) but I've never done that as it would take quite a while.