• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

What's wrong with my desktop

H

hoppi

you notice the green stuff? i'm now on 16bit depth in windows, it's ok again, but ... what's that? is it my graphics card or the screen? please tell me it's the graphics stuff

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Looks like the background image didn't translate well with Windows. Try another background. It doesn't seem to occur in the open window.

H

hoppi

It happens "everywhere"!
Not only with the background image on/from Windows, also text is "flattering" and becomes blurred.

[I shot a photo while I was on rapidshare.com (great example because white background-black text) but the pic is just crap (not because of my camera!).]

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Hoppi, can you take a screen cap and post that for us? Also, might want to make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card.

H

hoppi

@swede68:
i think the problem is connected to the machine, the hardware, so the monitor-unit itself.

@onerythm:
i reduced the colour depth (<=correct term?) from 32bit to 16bit and my pc has been working without problems since.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
did you install speakers or other BIG magnetic object nearby
Does it flicker, Do you have a "fan" nearby.?
Any electric engine or magnetic objekt?

Just guessing....

H

hoppi

sometimes my cell and normal phone lie next to it, but that's it. although my hi-fi speakers are about 1,2 m away.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
hoppi,

Have you done anything to the machine recently?

Do you have an old vid card that you could stick in and see if the problem persists? If not, go get one from a used store (or ask friends). Stick it in and see what happens.

Make sure you download the latest set of drivers for the card and have a set (or two) of older drivers just in case there is something wrong with the newest drivers.

H

hoppi

hey, just wanted to say that i'll follow your advice, meaning that i'll plug my graphics card output into another PC ...
so... thanks so far. and farewell. :) :/

kimosabi

Reaction score
aye definately sounds like you've overheated your GPU at some point

ive done the same thing when the fan died on my old one
but mine wasn't as bad as that
it wont get better, and should be replaced, unless you like playing games, GFX cards are available from about ?20 (about 25 euro's)

that actually brings me to a point, ae they gonna change one of the symbol keys to have a euro symbol, we have pound and dollar, maybe the * of the 8 key could be it ;)