• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

problems!

leon06

Reaction score
hi when i download files from rapid share and the go to watch them on windows they sometimes have an error and stop me from veiwing anyone know how to solve this problem?

stu2906

Reaction score
leon,

Its because windows media player does not support all types of movie file. The files are probably .avi or or something similar. I tend to use Realplayer (download for free) for anything that does'nt open in W Media. Or theres the klite codec pack which a lot of people use.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Leon,

Stu's all over it. It's not your player, you need codecs for it. They help the player read various compression formats. Just click here, download this package and install it. It will install several of the codecs (including DivX) you need to play most stuff. It's been a while since I installed that package, but some of them try to install their own player.

Tell it to go fuck itself. You need yet another video player like you need a nasty trojan. You just need the codecs.

I don't agree with Stu on RealPlayer....it's damn near like downloading spyware in my humble opinion. I know some web sites insist on you having it. If you do have to have it, find the preferences and disable all the message center crap and uncheck the box that wants to automatically check for updates. Then you won't have to go out and buy another 256 Meg of RAM just to run all the RealPlayer processes.

Last edited:

sweaty05

Reaction score
VLC Player is what you want, it will play anything. Just google it.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Duke, that was great. Had a call a little bit like that with Vonage this morning. Not that bad though.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Duke,

Now that was a classic. My very first ISP was AOL many, many years ago and they haven't changed a bit.

And Preferred,

So whats the problem with Vonage?

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Min,

I've been on Vonage for 2 years. The customer service has gone from pretty darn good to "Dell". Accents I can barely understand, they don't listen, just jump to a starting point on some troubleshooting chart. Long story short, they charged me for something I now have about 4 1/2 hours of phone time in untangling. On top of that, even after I delete a voice mail the dial tone keeps blinking. Always been that way. This morning I'm told (by a guy who just started 2 days ago I guaran-damn-tee you) that they are hiring engineers to address that. Bullshit. They aren't going to fix it. They don't care. Period.

The VoIP technology is fine. Its Vonage. At the start they were trying to build a business. Now they're trying to sell their stock.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred,

Man, that sucks. But typical I guess. Did they ever get that problem with 911 figured out? And I wonder if many others are having the same problem.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SBC was just as bad. When I wanted to get rid of it, I was on hold for almost three hours. Seriously, I went to a movie, V for Vendetta, and came back and was still on hold. I couldn't understand the guy on the other end. It was horrible, almost as bad as when it wouldn't let me go online anymore.

PSA: For those out there who want to get highspeed internet and who still have dialup, go straight to cable. Don't even mess with any other means, like AOL for Broadband, or SBC, or AT&T or whatever other ones are out there. It may cost more, but it is SO much easier and cheaper in the long run.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
mindido said:
Did they ever get that problem with 911 figured out?

I think the biggest problem with 911 is that you have to register your address with them. Despite all the big, bold, red letters telling you to do it, a lot of people don't. But I do believe there was some technical glitch with it a while back too. Not sure....

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
I think the biggest problem with 911 is that you have to register your address with them.

Register with who? I take it you mean with 911 and not Vonage (they would already have your address).

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Yea, don't know how it works...and I'm sick enough of them I don't want to research it. All I know is that on the Vonage site you have to plug in your address or something like that. The 911 system doesn't pick it up from a VoIP so there is an extra step you have to take. It's not just Vonage, its all VoIP's.