• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Internet Explorer is the Anti Christ

ashlee_s_man

Reaction score
2 first versions releashed a couple months ago, i decided 2 download and feel FINE wat do U guys think ???

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried Win Media 11 but it's gotten great reviews. I tried IE7 a few months ago. There were too many sites that didn't work for me (my criticism of Min's beloved Firefox).

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
The only issue i have ever had with Firefox is streaming video codecs. other than that it works perfectly.

Some of the advantages of Firefox may not be obvious to "surfers" which is why its not more popular, but to webmasters its a gift from heaven. the reason being that Firefox actually interprets HTML AND CSS PROPERLY!!

IE has a nasty habit of guessing about a lot of code and pretty much displaying it however it wants, regardless of the values you've set.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Cman said:
The only issue i have ever had with Firefox is streaming video codecs. other than that it works perfectly.

Some of the advantages of Firefox may not be obvious to "surfers" which is why its not more popular, but to webmasters its a gift from heaven. the reason being that Firefox actually interprets HTML AND CSS PROPERLY!!

IE has a nasty habit of guessing about a lot of code and pretty much displaying it however it wants, regardless of the values you've set.

Yea we have pretty different perspectives cman. Streaming video is an issue with Firefox. I don't know how it interprets HTML but I hear other web guys say the same thing you do. I haven't kept a list of sites, but when I've tried to make FF my default browser, there have been too many geek type sites where I couldn't reach downloads or navigate...even with the little IE tab thing. The only solution was to bring up IE and that solved it. I always use FF here because the pages load faster...no question.

snowcow

Reaction score
I use Opera, i find it much better than Firefox. I haven't tried IE7 because my windows isn't legit...

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Preferred User said:
Yea we have pretty different perspectives cman. Streaming video is an issue with Firefox. I don't know how it interprets HTML but I hear other web guys say the same thing you do. I haven't kept a list of sites, but when I've tried to make FF my default browser, there have been too many geek type sites where I couldn't reach downloads or navigate...even with the little IE tab thing. The only solution was to bring up IE and that solved it. I always use FF here because the pages load faster...no question.
The reason why sites act different in Firefox and IE is because, as I said, each browser interprets them different.

It all comes down to market share. IE has the largest market share, so webmasters will always ensure that their site works properly in IE. Due to its faults and innacuracies, there is a lot of "compensation" that you have to make for IE. This compensation oftens affects its performance in other browsers, because its not the proper way to do things.

I suck at explaining things, the point is that IE is badly programmed and gives us lots of unecessary stress lol

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
So cman, educate me. It's not as simple as something like....Ethernet where the protocol is known and either you play by the rules or you don't. That's my frame of referrence, that everyone should understand HTML.

Is a better analogy the fact that you and I both speak English but would need to explain some words to each other and neither one of us could understand a word spoken by someone with a cockney accent?

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
i guess you could say that, but i dont' really know how to explain it. i don't know WHY IE does the things it does, all i know is the pain i've endured to work around it. i can give you a couple examples.

In CSS you can specify how far apart you want your lines of text. This setting is called "line-height". IE doesn't like this setting.

In Firefox and others properly coded browsers, there is a difference between "line-height: 135%" and "line-height: 138%". IE chooses to ignore math and there is only a noticeable different in IE about every 10% or so.

In addition to the "every 10%" rule, there are other problems. Say for example you have it set at 150% and lets asssume that IE chooses to recognize it. You may notice that there is still more space in IE, than in Firefox, even though they are reading the same code, because IE has a different definition of how much 1% or 1 line is.

For a real life example of this, have a look at www.cman.net in Firefox and IE. You will notice the paragrahs on the front page are spaced a little differently. This is because of IE.

Its a tough thing to explain to non-webmasters lol

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
That helps cman. I toggled back and forth between IE and FF at your site and it started to look like an animated .gif the way things moved around.

Sounds like yet another example of a Microsoft product that really works kind of shitty, but they don't care. That I can relate to.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
onerythym said:
its as if IE makes up its own math.
Exactly. IE just makes shit up. Einstein would have a heart attack if he was a webmaster lol

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....is it me or did the title to this thread change somehow..........????????

UltraLisk

Reaction score
Cman said:
i guess you could say that, but i dont' really know how to explain it. i don't know WHY IE does the things it does, all i know is the pain i've endured to work around it. i can give you a couple examples.

In CSS you can specify how far apart you want your lines of text. This setting is called "line-height". IE doesn't like this setting.

In Firefox and others properly coded browsers, there is a difference between "line-height: 135%" and "line-height: 138%". IE chooses to ignore math and there is only a noticeable different in IE about every 10% or so.

In addition to the "every 10%" rule, there are other problems. Say for example you have it set at 150% and lets asssume that IE chooses to recognize it. You may notice that there is still more space in IE, than in Firefox, even though they are reading the same code, because IE has a different definition of how much 1% or 1 line is.

For a real life example of this, have a look at www.cman.net in Firefox and IE. You will notice the paragrahs on the front page are spaced a little differently. This is because of IE.

Its a tough thing to explain to non-webmasters lol

Maybe IE7 will work better (at least with XHTML)....

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
UltraLisk said:
Maybe IE7 will work better (at least with XHTML)....
probably not. microsoft likely doesn't care about cross-browser compatibility because they probably believe that everyone should use IE in the first place.

Preferred User

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm with cman. MS has shown no special concern about making things work well. I think their way of growing the business is through marketing and domination, not quality. They really don't give a shit.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
onerythym said:
most likey just superfical things such as tabbed browsing. prob very little to do with other funtionality and the actual "code quality" of thier program..
thats the problem. i could care less about the visible differences, its the code i care about.

same with Vista. i completely expect Vista to be the same code as XP with a new skin.

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
Too bad that Mozilla didn't patent that tabbed browsing when they had the chance. Firefox FTW!!

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal about tabbed browsing. I think its an ok feature, but its not the best idea ever in history.

I guess I've just spent the last decade switching between windows and thats the way its always been, so I'm used to it. I see no difference between using tabs or using separate windows. I don't even think to use tabs most of the time, because my automatic reflex is to open a new window.

Firefox is still awesome though

l3lasphemer

Reaction score
I think that using the tabbed browsing is not only convenient, but it saves some memory. If you have 4 or 5 IE windows open each one is using X amount of memory. Where as with the tabbed browsing you still only have 1 firefox window open.

I opened up 5 extra tabs in firefox and it used a total of about 50mb ram
I opened up 5 extra IE windows and each one uses roughly 15mb ram all together that equals about 75mb

might not seem like much of a difference but 25mb is alot for people that only have 128mb of ram.