• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

hide/encrypt files on an external hard drive

The_Trip

Reaction score
I have an external hard drive that I want to use on another computer,but I want to encrypt/hide some of the files on it. I have found a couple of apps that will hide/encrypt the files but they only seem to work on my system.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Trip,

If your using a PC, Windows can do that by itself although its fairly easy to get around. The best app that I know of to encrypt a drive is PGP (Pretty Good Privacy), which used to be free but, from what I've heard, is now pretty pricey. Its been awhile since I've checked on it so let us know what you find if you check on it.

GrapJ

Balki Bartokamus
Reaction score
Start using PHP, you can then create your own incryption.

However, to do this well, you need to place a small programm on the other machine.

But why not just encrypt the files and then send them to the other HD?

baal

Reaction score
Have you checked TrueCrypt? www.truecrypt.org. You can have an encrypted file mounted as a separate disk and you can do on it whatever you want. You will need however to have it installe dor at least run it on any computer that you will use to access your encrypted file.

The_Trip

Reaction score
I tried the trucrypt but I cant seem to figure it out.As soon as I disconnect the drive the file comes back. Heres thew situation.I have a bunch of files that I want to share with someone else. I have a few files that I don't want them to see.I was hoping to find a program that allows me to take my hard drive and connect it to another computer and the other computer not see the files I dont want them to see.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Trip,

Again, I'm pretty sure Windows can do that by itself although I think you'll have to change your file structure. Have you tried putting all the files and folders you want to hide in a particular folder and then just hiding it? All of your other folders would then still be visible.

Once you've created the folder just right click on it, choose properties and then change the folder attribute to hidden.

If that doesn't work for you I'm pretty much out of ideas (other than PGP).

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Something that one of my professor's at college taught our class how to do when trying to hide a few files...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipstream_(computing)

It may not be at all what you need or were looking for but it sure would be interesting to both you and other people visiting the thread...it's just some neat stuff!

Last edited:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Something that one of my professor's at college taught our class how to do when trying to hide a few files...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipstream_(computing)

It may not be at all what you need or were looking for but it sure would be interesting to both you and other people visiting the thread...it's just some neat stuff!

Hey Kane,

Can you check that URL again. I think its incorrect.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hey Kane,

Can you check that URL again. I think its incorrect.

Edit: I got it to work, it wasn't counting the last character which is the ")"

It was mixing it with the URL code from the forum. Anyway...FIXED!