• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Dual Layer DVDs

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
For those of you out there that use and/or burn movies and/or games onto DVD DL discs...what brand do you prefer and have the most luck with? What is durable and holds up to the test of time?

I backup my Xbox 360 games on Verbatim DL discs because that's what's recommended. What do you all use?

- Kaneinite -

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I also use Verbatims. I've never had any problems with them.

bpotter

Reaction score
Verbs are the best by a long long way. The ones made in singapore that is :)

peter_jam

Reaction score
Verbatim, hands down, specially for xbox 360 games. I don't know if verbatim has changed the design of their dvd's, but I have a few backups recorded on discs that only say "Verbatim dual layer, 8.5 gb", and they make my console sound like a hair-dryer inside a blender. However, I just recently used a couple of Verbatim dvd's that say "verbatim 8.5gb, 2.4x speed, 240 min.", and my console works smoothly. The most likely reason is that they only changed the design of the discs and maybe I just got lucky and these backups came out better, or maybe they are better quality.
As for movies or any other kind of DL media, I think they are the best.
Anyway, long story short, stick with verbatim.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
wtf? So cheap, It makes 1,2 Dollars a DVD:eyebulge: ? I just bought a Verbatim DVD-DL 8.5 GB for about 7 dollars (75 kroons).

I have connections to where I get a 20 pack of Verbatims for around $25, making each DVD around $1.50.

My connections = My place of work (Discount)

PBF1

Reaction score
I have connections to where I get a 20 pack of Verbatims for around $25, making each DVD around $1.50.

My connections = My place of work (Discount)

DVD-R or DVD-DL?

PBF1

Reaction score
Does Xbox360 read only DVD-DL or does it also read DVD+DL?

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia says DVD-R DL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox360

DVD+R DL is cheaper so I'm cool.

I use the Verbatim DVD+R DL and they work fine. I haven't tried DVD-R DL. The Xbox will play just about any format excluding blu-ray and hd dvd of course. But you can burn a dvd and play it on there...so that may be what they are talking about. You have to flash the Xbox for it to play backup copies of your games, though.

-KA-

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I'm kinda new to this, so I ask one more question. Does the burnig speed matter when you burn Xbox360 game image to DL Disc? Or there is no difference which speed am I using to burn?

silvertounge

Reaction score
the slower the burn speed the better it is, but i havent had any problems so far with high speeds. it depends on how good your burner too

UltraLisk

Reaction score
higher speeds have a higher failure rate, but who knows what that can be... might be 0.01% higher, might be 1%, or 50% higher... who knowns.

What I do either way is I always have nero check that the data was burned successfully. This is especially important when you are backing up critical data.

o, and I always burn at max speed.

Kaneinite

Respected Member
Reaction score
higher speeds have a higher failure rate, but who knows what that can be... might be 0.01% higher, might be 1%, or 50% higher... who knowns.

What I do either way is I always have nero check that the data was burned successfully. This is especially important when you are backing up critical data.

o, and I always burn at max speed.

I always burn my Xbox 360 games at 2x or around there. I'm with you as well as I ALWAYS verify the data on the disc after it is done burning. There would be nothing worse than burning a 360 game for it not to work halfway through the game. I use IMGBurn for burning my games.