• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

torrent recs

HOBBAM

Reaction score
HOBBAM,

I'm beginning to believe that MS is about to undergo some real difficulties because their OS is so full of security holes. You have to run all kinds of security apps today to try and keep a machine somewhat clean. If your a geek this is no problem, you deal with it. But if all you want is for the damn thing to work (which is where most people are) then MS is no longer the way to go. In fact, for most people I run into nowadays I don't even put an MS OS on a machine; I stick Ubuntu on it.

Your machine is basically done except that it would allow you to stick Ubuntu on it and start to learn it. Just start playing with it and when you get comfortable with it on that machine then stick it on another.

The only value of the old laptop (other than learning Linux on it) would be a very few $$ for the old HD and possibly the memory chips. Maybe you could get $20 for those. Maybe.

Do a Google search for Ubuntu and then download it (its free). Let Ubuntu repartition and reformat the machine and have a go at it. It really isn't that difficult and may actually be the future of OS's.

well there were a variety of circumstances that caused the laptop to do what it did over 4 years ago, which caused it to act the way it is now.

The laptop is pretty much crap now. I was thinking of selling it for $50. It should cover the drive, which I had replaced and is only a couple years old, and the memory sticks.

I appreciate the advice, but don't know why your pushing Ubuntu on a laptop that is pretty much going into the garbage.

As for MS, I will agree to an extent, but like a lot of OS's, there could be fault with Ubuntu too. The only reason MS gets hit the most, is because most people use Windows. If Apple's OS, became the primary, then hackers would target them and would find holes there too. I'm not defending MS, because they have enough problems alone, but one is never fully safe. If Ubuntu gains more traction, and takes over the market from Windows, then I will give it a shot.

But my new comptuer is pretty secure as it stands.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
HOBBAM,

I appreciate the advice, but don't know why your pushing Ubuntu on a laptop that is pretty much going into the garbage.

The only reason is for you to start getting used to a new OS and to learn a few things. But if the laptop is pretty much crap you might as well pull the RAM and HD and keep them for the future. If you have a used computer place in your area you could donate it to them (or maybe trade something). They may have a use for the monitor.

As for MS, I will agree to an extent, but like a lot of OS's, there could be fault with Ubuntu too. The only reason MS gets hit the most, is because most people use Windows. If Apple's OS, became the primary, then hackers would target them and would find holes there too. I'm not defending MS, because they have enough problems alone, but one is never fully safe. If Ubuntu gains more traction, and takes over the market from Windows, then I will give it a shot.

There are problems with all OS's and you're right; the reason MS gets hit the most is because they have 90+% of the market. The same things could happen to the Apple and Linux OS's in the future but, thats in the future. Just a good idea to always be prepared. And maybe get a little bit of use from that old machine.