• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Gulf of Mexico

Brianwp

Reaction score
Well, it looks like they may finally have the fucker under control. And according to the surveys, the damage is not as bad as thought, though there's still a lot of lingering doubt about the "dissipated" oil. Just where did it dissipate to? Will it be back? I can only hope for the best..

scoundrel

Reaction score
It's déjà vu all over again.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h35H1KrXbM

New Gulf of Mexico oilrig explosion.

Here's the bit which I particularly noted:
Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said the company had told him the seven active wells under production by the platform were shut down shortly after the fire broke out.
I thought there was a moritorium? Or is this only on exploratory drilling?

In view of all that has happened, what has been done and what is now being done to verify that wells currently in production are operating safely? The idea that these idiots can be allowed to operate unsupervised and unregulated is just not funny. OK, this rig was under maintenance and not in production, mercifully, but WTF? How does it get to the stage where it can explode? Whatever caused this explosion, there's just no excuse, it should not be possible.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Well, yes, there is a moritorium on deep water drilling, but this wasn't technically a deep water rig. And besides, like you said, they weren't drilling, they were doing maintenance. And the fire was unrelated to the actual well or oil. So calm down, scounds, looks like it was just an accident. Even if safety regulations are in place, the human factor allows for accidents. Like the other day, I thought it was just a fart...:(

choppes

Mr. Admin guy
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
My nephew is an underwater rigger (i.e. SCUBA diver) for an inspection company in the gulf. He says everyone is back in production now, just over 600 wells throughout the gulf (many more if you add in the natural gas rigs).

While they can't drill NEW wells, all existing production is running full bore. He said his company isn't employed by BP as they have their own "in house" inspectors. Interesting to note that BP has more violations and fines than all the other gulf oil companies COMBINED.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Oh, hell yeah..like hundreds of violations versus a few. But I'm curious...what's with the production thing? I thought there was still a moratorium on deep water drilling?

choppes

Mr. Admin guy
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Drilling, at the moment, not being done (although since it's a US moratorium, a foreign rig could be drilling in Mexican waters I assume).

Production, however is running at 100%.

I.E., existing wells are running, but drilling of new wells is temporarily halted.