• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

why is chess...

carbonphobia

Reaction score
the ancient beautiful game of war, strategy and tactics.. the ultimate struggle between two intellects.. not so popular these days?

It takes 5mins to learn the rules, but a lifetime is not enough to master it.. unlike modern games which we throw away after a few months.

Its dirt cheap to play, you can play anywhere, its highly addictive, an adrenaline rush (you need to play some serious games in a tournament to understand why this is the case), etc

So my question is why is it not popular?

luddite

Staff Alumn
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Chess requires patience and planning, things I find missing in most people under 30. They grew up with tv, video games, and worst of all... the internet. Parents are too busy working, trying to pay for everything, and they don't have time to teach or play with their children.
My father wouldn't allow a tv in his house until the 80's. I learned to play chess before I went to school. Now it's hard to find anyone who has the time for a game. Maybe when I retire...

rich2rob

Reaction score
Chess takes time and you need to use your brain. Young people today are not interested in something that can take a long time to play.

I used to play at school and it was quite popular then.

vandal420

Reaction score
I'm in my early 20's and I've found that my friends are just finally starting to get into it. They think I'm some kind of god even though I'm a rank amateur at best.

It's a sad thing really. Nothing interests young people unless it has A. Great graphics B. 3d or C. Great graphics with 3d.

High def 3d chess however, just feels wrong...

woden666

Reaction score
Chess doesn't offer instant gratification unlike the video games, perhaps thats a factor?