• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Vinyl

sydbarrett

Reaction score
Has anybody seen the new show on HBO called Vinyl? I love this show. It is about the music industry in 1973, and they're doing a great job reliving that period in music. Martin Scorcese and Mick Jagger are executive producers, and it stars Bobby Cannavale, Olivia Wilde, and Ray Romano.

Bobby Cannavale is a powerhouse of an actor. I'm not familiar with much of what he has done, thus far, in Hollywood, but I'm surprised I've only become aware of him in the last few years. I first saw him in another great HBO show called Boardwalk Empire. His role on Boardwalk was short lived (literally), but he owned every scene he was in. I then saw him on the tv show Modern Family as a clown (wtf?!). When I heard that both he and Olivia were going to star in this new HBO show, it immediately caught my interest, and the Vinyl has exceeded my expectations. I always liked Ray Romano, but this show explores a different side to his acting - he has his comedic moments, but his character in Vinyl is traveling down a darker road. I didn't know he had these kind of acting chops. I also haven't seen Olivia in anything but the great clips you good folk kindly supply here at NCF, and the movie Cowboys and Aliens. She can act. Like Cannavale, she has a presence in every scene, and it goes beyond her killer looks and full bush/merkin.

Hopefully, HBO won't kill this show prematurely, like they did Boardwalk (a friend of mine played one of Al Capone's henchmen). HBO has a great ability of casting great actors, even if they aren't always well known, but they miscast Steve Buscemi, an actor I usually like, as Enoch Thompson. Maybe it had to do with the time period that Boardwalk was set in, but I think casting Buscemi as the lead character didn't help in catching people's interest.

yakovitch

Actively social distancing
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been on the fence about whether or not to check that show out. With your recommendation I now know I HAVE to. :headbang:

sydbarrett

Reaction score
I've been on the fence about whether or not to check that show out. With your recommendation I now know I HAVE to. :headbang:
Definitely do, Yakovitch. Cannavale's character owns a record company, and he's married to Olivia Wilde, a former member of the Andy Warhol scene (yes, Warhol is in this show, as well). Bobby's character is trying to stay off drugs, and keep the record company going. The first couple of episodes had him losing Led Zeppelin to a rival company - kinda funny seeing an actor playing Robert Plant. This past week, they introduced David Bowie, circa '73, and I'm not sure where they are going with this. Mick Jagger's son plays an English guy trying to get a punk rock band started - didn't care for him at first, but he's coming along. Juno Temple plays an American very well (are our accents that easy to do?). Keep an eye out for Andrew Dice Clay in the first episode.

Last week's episode ended with a surrealistic scene, which I liked, and also left me scratching my head. It's one thing I like about these HBO shows (The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, and Vinyl): they aren't afraid to introduce the bizarre and surreal to tell a story. Cannavale is fast becoming one of my favorite actors. Sometimes he's over the top, but in a way that makes his character even more likeable/hate-able. In know you like music, Yakovitch - especially the late 60s and early 70s, so this show might be right up your alley.

yakovitch

Actively social distancing
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember when I first read about it the premise seemed intriguing, but the Jagger presence filled me with doubts. Now I'm kinda looking forward to it. Thanks for the suggestion old friend. :beer:

nookies

Reaction score
As long as we get to see some more Olivia wilde full frontal im all for it :)

But can't say ive seen the show. The genre doesn't really interest me.