• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Xbox Vs PS3 Best of E3 06

ngmar

Reaction score
Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Best of E3 06

This is the best of what I have seen from this years E3 in Los Angeles this past week. Lets start with the Playstation 3 and I will post Xbox360 and pc games later.

PS3

Alone in the Dark

Elveon

Gran Turismo HD

Heavenly Sword

Hellboy

Indiana Jones 2007"Working Title"

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots

Resistance Fall of Man

Sonic The Hedgehog

Stranglehold
Directed By John Woo with Chow Yun-Fat
[/URL]
[COLOR="Red"]
Tekken 6[/COLOR]
[URL=http://img24.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc44&image=04396_928302_20050516_screen001.jpg][IMG]http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc44/th_04396_928302_20050516_screen001.jpg

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

Turok

Virtua Fighter 5

WarHawk

Assassins Creed

Final Fantasy XIII

ngmar

Reaction score
I repaired the above post and added back games below Stranglehold.
That said here is the Xbox 360 Portion from E3 06 in Los Angeles last week.

Xbox 360

Chromehounds

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Vollyball 2 You'll probably laugh but seriously check out the water in these pics.

Dead Rising If you're a zombie fan like I am you'll like the look of this one.

Halo 3 In-Engine cutscene not gameplay, although I hope it looks this good.

Hitman Blood Money

Lost Planet Extreme Condition

Mass Effect

Saints Row

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

Too Human

Viva Pinata I don't have a clue what it is about but it has an art painting kinda look to it.

As you can see it is hard to say for sure which system is better they are both beautiful on the correct setup. But keep in mind that the PS3 games in the above post have only been in developement for a short while.
Later I'll post some of the best coming on the PC.

sawtx

Reaction score
Nice compilation but you forgot a few games like Gears of War and Haze and you put alot of multiconsole games under PS3 and not Xbox, oh and Bungie said that Halo 3 was using the in-game engine and showed that stuff off behind closed doors.

Viva Pinata is Microsofts version of something like Pokemon crossed with Animal Crossing, they are also doing a TV show also for it.

For me E3 sold me on Gears of War and Mass Effect, and Lost Planet due to the Live! demo. I'm also looking forward to games like Spore, Command and Conquer 3, and Quake Wars.

ngmar

Reaction score
You are right I should have put in-engine cutscene for Halo 3 and I will change it. Either way it is still no indicator of what the final game will look like. And your also right in that a lot of these games are crossplatform. "Gears of War" is one of the best looking games at E3 this year. If you have an Xbox 360 though you probably already know all about "Gears of War". And just in case you don't here is a couple of pics from E3.

ngmar

Reaction score
Here is the PC portion of what is coming soon to gameing. These as the others are just some that caught my eye. If you can't tell I am a huge First Person Shooter fan.

PCComing soon

Battlefield 2142 One that I am really looking forward to.

Bio Shock

Prey This game plays on all dimensions. Really cool. It is also making a Xbox 360 appearance.

Star Trek Legacy

Tabula Rasa

Unreal 2007

X-men The Official Game

Just a small sampling of what is going to make your gpu sweat in a little while.

MysterioX

Reaction score
Jesus man!
Everything looks so fucking good!

I think PS3 has something special though.

sawtx

Reaction score
Right now it seems that the game of shows are going toward Gears of War, Spore, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Assassin's Creed. Not a bad showing for Xbox when 3 of the best games are on it, another is rumored for it, and the last one will end up on it and was shown running on an Xbox and not it's "actual" platform.

Also to show off multi-console games from that list: Alone in the Dark(PS3, 360), Eleveon(PS3, 360), Indiana Jones(PS3, 360), Marvel(PS3, 360), Sonic(PS3, 360), Stranglehold(PS3, 360), Splinter Cell(only 360 right now), Turok(PS3, 360), Hitman(360, PC), Bioshock(360, PC), Prey(360, PC), Star Trek(PS3, 360, PC), UT2k7(PS3, PC), X-Men(360, PC)

Karifan

Reaction score
Ps3 for the win. Tekken, Metal Gear, Virtua fighter, Final fantasy, ect. ect. all which is exclusive.

Xbox360: not bad, gonna be better than nintendo, but out of the 3 great games they have, only halo is actually exclusive....and well halo is a FPS, and FPS suck on console....so ill wait for that to come out on PC.

ngmar

Reaction score
sawtx said:
Also to show off multi-console games from that list: Alone in the Dark(PS3, 360), Eleveon(PS3, 360), Indiana Jones(PS3, 360), Marvel(PS3, 360), Sonic(PS3, 360), Stranglehold(PS3, 360), Splinter Cell(only 360 right now), Turok(PS3, 360), Hitman(360, PC), Bioshock(360, PC), Prey(360, PC), Star Trek(PS3, 360, PC), UT2k7(PS3, PC), X-Men(360, PC)

Thanks for clearing that up sawtx.

Personally I think the PS3 will be the better console, But I am sure I will end up with them all again anyway.

sawtx

Reaction score
No problem, I'm more than happy with my 360 and using my PC for light gaming. I think this time around the PS3 will sell more than the 360 but the margin will be very small, I still can't get over the fact that they are going to sell PS3s for about $800(American) in England and won't even give them the 20gig option. People just need to realize that there are great games on each system and unless you don't have the time or money multiple consoles is the way to go.

ngmar

Reaction score
800 that sucks. 600 sucks. Plus who knows come christmas time MS may have a price surprise in store for sony.

I like the xbox 360 it is a great console and has a great remote. I even use the wired remote on my pc for console ports, it works really well. Microsoft got their console out there first at the sake of beating the hardware of the ps3. The oposite of the last console cycle btw. That also made it the first ever 4 year console cycle but that made their leap just a little shorter than Sony's. The PS3 on the other hand has some really cutting edge technology on its side. At least that's what they claim today.:neutral: Well see in November and you are going to have to pay for it.

sawtx

Reaction score
Angmar said:
The PS3 on the other hand has some really cutting edge technology on its side. At least that's what they claim today.

The Cell chip seems interesting but I don't know how well it will actually do in gaming with 2 SPEs gone out of the box, and don't forget that the 360 has some very cutting edge stuff in it too that is more advanced than what is in the PS3, namely the unified pipelines in the GPU. I think the 360 and PS3 are very close in power and that the dev is more important now than the hardware, unlike Xbox and PS2.

If you think that the price that England will have to pay is high, just think that they have over 15% tax (I think) and the games are way more expensive, like $100+.

Here's what 1up thought of E3, best in show was Spore.:)
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3150431

Looks like Xbox and PC were the best in show for them (and most other people), with each having 2 of the best games.

sawtx

Reaction score
Gamespy's best of E3
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/709/709100p1.html

Top Console Games
10. God of War 2 (PS2)
9. Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)
8. Brother in Arms (360/PS3)
7. Heavenly Sword (PS3)
6. Zelda (Wii/GC)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
4. Mass Effect (360)
3. Assassin's Creed (PS3)
2. Bioshock (360)
1. Gears of War (360)

Game of Show: Bioshock
Runner-Up: Gears of War

Karifan

Reaction score
actually, here in the United States they are selling the 20gig for 499, and the 60 gig for 599. They will have 2 mil out on the release date, 2 more mil out by christmas and another 2 mill next year around this time. I expect the price to go down by may of next year, and hopefully by christmas next year.

sawtx

Reaction score
Karifan said:
actually, here in the United States they are selling the 20gig for 499, and the 60 gig for 599. They will have 2 mil out on the release date, 2 more mil out by christmas and another 2 mill next year around this time. I expect the price to go down by may of next year, and hopefully by christmas next year.

They are hicking the price up outside of the US though, and I can't see them making those numbers because they are not known for hitting their production targets. They aren't doing to well with Blu-Ray production and Cell seems to have very low yields, so they may get 2 mil total out by the end of the year and don't expect the price to go down for atleast a year unless they aren't doing well.

UltraLisk

Reaction score
I agree. Nobody smart wants blu-ray because they know what is coming. And the cell technology *apparently* is not as powerful as they were hoping.

ngmar

Reaction score
The gamespot game of E3 was Bio Shock and it does look really sweet.

As far as claims that the PS3 is underpowered I would love to read that article if you have the link. At this point I think that there is a lot of talk as always. There are always naysayers when ever anything is trying to be as ambitious as the PS3 is. I for one am reserving judgement until Nov. At this point it is all about the final hardware. I am not expecting it to be the end all be all of console greatness but I think it will be a great piece of hardware and I am hoping it is all that they claim it to be. I also think that Blu-ray has a better chance than people are giving it credit for. The reason being is the DRM that is built right into the format. If it is as uncrackable as they say it is then the movie studios will be all over it. Especially if somebody manages to crack the DRM on HDDVD. Then the only secure format for the studios will be Blu-ray. Of coarse at this point it is all speculation.

sawtx

Reaction score
Angmar said:
I also think that Blu-ray has a better chance than people are giving it credit for. The reason being is the DRM that is built right into the format. If it is as uncrackable as they say it is then the movie studios will be all over it. Especially if somebody manages to crack the DRM on HDDVD. Then the only secure format for the studios will be Blu-ray. Of coarse at this point it is all speculation.

Blu-ray and HD-DVD both have HDPC, which I think is what you are talking about, which if turned on you would need an HDCP compliant TV with HDMI to show hidef movies, and this has already been cracked. Right now the safe bet is DVD, as HDTVs are not numorous enough to support either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD for atleast several more years, and if you want to see the true next-gen DVD check out HVD, which can store terabytes. Blu-ray also won't help gaming since it will cause longer loading times and what is seen on screen is dependent on RAM and not the medium, so unless they are putting hours upon hours of HD pre-rendered cutscences or they want to make a 1000+ hour game(Oblivion is around 4gigs), it is just a waste of money for gaming.

To show you what a very well thought of developer thinks of this console generation, here is John Carmack the "God" of iD software(Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein)
http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGririiirr05121649
He says that the PS3 has more potential performance but to get it you have to "sweet blood," and he also says that the Cell CPU was a mistake.

H

hoppi

The Tom Clancy Game looks the best to me.Just awesome.All the light effects.
Is it engine cut scene or real gameplay?