• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Firefox 2

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
They just released Firefox 2 today. http://www.mozilla.com Go grab a copy today! :)

What's New in Firefox 2

* Visual Refresh: Firefox 2's theme and user interface have been updated to improve usability without altering the familiarity of the browsing experience.

* Built-in phishing protection: Phishing Protection warns users when they encounter suspected Web forgeries, and offers to return the user to their home page. Phishing Protection is turned on by default, and works by checking sites against either a local or online list of known phishing sites. This list is automatically downloaded and regularly updated when the Phishing Protection feature is enabled.

* Enhanced search capabilities: Search term suggestions will now appear as users type in the integrated search box when using the Google, Yahoo! or Answers.com search engines. A new search engine manager makes it easier to add, remove and re-order search engines, and users will be alerted when Firefox encounters a website that offers new search engines that the user may wish to install.

* Improved tabbed browsing: By default, Firefox will open links in new tabs instead of new windows, and each tab will now have a close tab button. Power users who open more tabs than can fit in a single window will see arrows on the left and right side of the tab strip that let them scroll back and forth between their tabs. The History menu will keep a list of recently closed tabs, and a shortcut lets users quickly re-open an accidentally closed tab.

* Resuming your browsing session: The Session Restore feature restores windows, tabs, text typed in forms, and in-progress downloads from the last user session. It will be activated automatically when installing an application update or extension, and users will be asked if they want to resume their previous session after a system crash.

* Previewing and subscribing to Web feeds: Users can decide how to handle Web feeds (like this one), either subscribing to them via a Web service or in a standalone RSS reader, or adding them as Live Bookmarks. My Yahoo!, Bloglines and Google Reader come pre-loaded as Web service options, but users can add any Web service that handles RSS feeds.

* Inline spell checking: A new built-in spell checker enables users to quickly check the spelling of text entered into Web forms (like this one) without having to use a separate application.

* Live Titles: When a website offers a microsummary (a regularly updated summary of the most important information on a Web page), users can create a bookmark with a "Live Title". Compact enough to fit in the space available to a bookmark label, they provide more useful information about pages than static page titles, and are regularly updated with the latest information. There are several websites that can be bookmarked with Live Titles, and even more add-ons to generate Live Titles for other popular websites.

* Improved Add-ons manager: The new Add-ons manager improves the user interface for managing extensions and themes, combining them both in a single tool.

* JavaScript 1.7: JavaScript 1.7 is a language update introducing several new features such as generators, iterators, array comprehensions, let expressions, and destructuring assignments. It also includes all the features of JavaScript 1.6.

* Extended search plugin format: The Firefox search engine format now supports search engine plugins written in Sherlock and OpenSearch formats and allows search engines to provide search term suggestions.

* Updates to the extension system: The extension system has been updated to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions.

* Client-side session and persistent storage: New support for storing structured data on the client side, to enable better handling of online transactions and improved performance when dealing with large amounts of data, such as documents and mailboxes. This is based on the WHATWG specification for client-side session and persistent storage.

* SVG text: Support for the svg:textpath specification enables SVG text to follow a curve or shape.

* New Windows installer: Based on Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, the new Windows installer resolves many long-standing issues.

C

Cobra

Been using it for sometime now (beta) and it's really a nice update. inline spell checker saves my ass a lot. undo deleted tab is nice. Extensions still need to catch up a bit, making it a little unstable, but worth the upgrade

C

Cobra

I have no problem with flash
Although most extensions have ported over you can do the following if needed:
How to make your extensions work HERE
basically go to about:config and add a boolean reference called "extensions.checkCompatibility" set to false.

Disclaimer:
Note that some of the unupdated extensions may cause problems but with firefox 2 you have the option to disable them easily thru the user interface making it easy to trial and error which ones are causing the problems or to temporarily turn on the ones you want to use

snowcow

Reaction score
Good to see they have finally added things that Opera has had for a fair while.

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on 2.0 Swede. I've been using it for a few days now and seems to work pretty well. Its a bit different having a new tab open (instead of a whole new window) when you click on a pic but that can be gotten used to. Most of the extensions have been updated (one was updated today and notified me that it was available for download) so that doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Haven't run into a problem with flash but I don't think I've been to a site that uses it yet.

Definitely worth the download.

swede68

Respected Member
Respected Member
Reaction score
Great to hear from everyone. Should be able to adjust the settings as far as windows opening up in tabs. I haven't had any problems with Flash either. Not sure why people would have issues with that. Just want to steer people away from Microsux IE!?!

Never been a fan of that evil, but necessary company! I remember using Mosaic back in the day when dumbass Bill Gates said that the internet was just a "fad"!! Then a year later, they released IE for free and poor Netscape just tanked!!

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
swede68 said:
Then a year later, they released IE for free and poor Netscape just tanked!!

I remember that incident. Just another one of those reasons that I'm not a big fan of MS.

The Mighty Z

Been away for a while
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
mindido said:
Its a bit different having a new tab open (instead of a whole new window) when you click on a pic but that can be gotten used to.

Min, if you hold Ctrl while clicking on a pic, it wil open in a new tab, but Firefox won't swing you to the new tab.
You can open the pics you want in a new tab and still stay on the page you are.

Probably you've already found that out by yourself :confused:

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
The Mighty Z said:
Min, if you hold Ctrl while clicking on a pic, it wil open in a new tab, but Firefox won't swing you to the new tab.

Hey Z,

Will try that and, no, hadn't figured that one out yet but will give it a try (sounds pretty nice). But thanks for the heads up.

One other thing about 2.0 that I like is the spell checker. Nice little touch.

One last thing. Is there really any doubt that FF is heads and tales better than IE?

Nizzle

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
mindido said:
Is there really any doubt that FF is heads and tales better than IE?
I think its heads and shoulders, but whatever they say in your country.

C

Cobra

head and shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes....

I asked Firefox2 to marry me

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
Nizzle said:
I think its heads and shoulders, but whatever they say in your country.

Oops! I think your right Niz, I don't know what the heck I was thinking.

ngmar

Reaction score
The Mighty Z said:

Clicking a link with your middle mouse button does the same thing.:)

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
how many people have a middle mouse button? unless you have one of those that has like 10 buttons all around it.

ngmar

Reaction score
Honestly I thought everybody would. I haven't had a mouse without a middle button ever. Don't most mice have a scroll wheel that can be pushed in?

The Chief

Reaction score
anyone having problems viewing vids hosted at yourfilehost.com? I just get a blank space where the video should be. I had no problems when using the 1.5 version.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
probably a plugin or codec issue you have. i had a problem with previous version, but 1.5 works ok.

i just use IE whenever something doesn't work well in firefox

mindido

Respected Member
Reaction score
The Chief said:
anyone having problems viewing vids hosted at yourfilehost.com? I just get a blank space where the video should be. I had no problems when using the 1.5 version.

Chief,

Can you provide a link to something your having a problem with? That might help.

kimosabi

Reaction score
might have to give this a try

my IE is bloody shite, unreliable would be an understatement, had earlier versions of FF, but didnt really use them that much as IE did everything well enough, but recently, flash crashes my IE like clockwork

on myspace mostly, which is bad as i do a lot on that site (music related shit)
although that site leaves a lot to be desired aswell, bloody crap servers they use