• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Remembrance Day November 11

Red Horse

Reaction score
If you'd like, spare a thought for those who fought (and are fighting), and those who died (and are dying) to give us what we've got today...No politics here, please...I'm talking about those who were and are doing the hard job, not the politicians. If possible, a moment of silence at the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month. Thanks.

Conman

Reaction score
God Bless them all and protect them.

Reverend James

Reaction score
It is the most important day in my house. I encourage all Canadians to get out to their local legions and say "Thanks" to a veteran, it takes a couple of hours of your time and means the world to them. We owe them at least that much.

Potatoman

Where the Hell have you been?
Reaction score
I got my Poppy as soon as I could this year. I also think it's very important to remember what our grandparents/parents did and sacrificed for us,

Davidian

Reaction score
Amen...in any country I appreciate what people have done. The sacrifices...whether it is for God or country (or both)...can't not be forgotten. Even though I am not Canadian...I still will think of those fighting and for those who have fallen.

Reverend James

Reaction score
Totally, I just wish some of the anti-military arseholes in Canada would realize what was sacrificed for them to have their bullshit, hippy opinions.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Now, now. Take your arguments to a different thread :wink:

Personally, I'm not anti-military, but I think we should either have a decent military or none at all. Its just a waste of time and a a whole lot of money to have a half assed military, like we do.

Da' Pimp

Forum O.G.
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I lost Many Friends while serving, as many have, and its one of the Worst feelings in the world. My heart goes out to the Men & Women (and families) who serve, have served and will serve in Canada & Around the World!

devildog.gif

Gatorman

Reaction score
Thank you for fighting for our freedom. We are eternally in your debt...

92b10_OLDGLORY.jpg

Zinista

Koalas & Kangaroos kill people
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
We also have our own remembrance day (ANZAC day) here in Australia.. I pay my respect to your Remebrance Day aswell.

Reaction score
GOD BLESS THE VETERANS!

*mod edit* :D

Reverend James

Reaction score
cman, I wasn't trying to start any argument with a hippy, but I live in a town so chalked full of them that they even have issues with Remembrance Day. My grandfather voluntarily served 6 years in WW2 (1939-45), and my father served in the Air Force for 33 years. If I ever get my shit together I plan on joining too. I will be at the memorial at 11:11AM, November 11th like clockwork.

oscaraustin

Reaction score
Whether or not you agree with our present day wars or the politics of a certain war, you have to give it up for veterans, from all over the world. Without them we would not have the freedom of the world we live in today, one might say we would be living in a place like an Iraq or an India. These men and women gave their time, blood, and often lives for something that is bigger than themselves. That is humanity; the decision of self-sacrifice for a greater cause or purpose is what seperates humanity from the rest of the animal kingdom.

In my opinion these soldiers today in Iraq are of the most welcomed to rememberance. They are putting themselves on the line for the freedom of a people who have had nothing and could not have fought for themselves.

So yes, every god bless them, every man and woman cherish them and give them the respect and admiration they have earned as noble icons of humanity.

Iceberg

Reaction score
oscaraustin said:
Whether or not you agree with our present day wars or the politics of a certain war, you have to give it up for veterans, from all over the world. Without them we would not have the freedom of the world we live in today, one might say we would be living in a place like an Iraq or an India. These men and women gave their time, blood, and often lives for something that is bigger than themselves. That is humanity; the decision of self-sacrifice for a greater cause or purpose is what seperates humanity from the rest of the animal kingdom.

I wholeheartedly agree, though I don't think we'd be like Iraq or India. Maybe something like Russia or the former Yugoslavia. At least even the lower classes can eat.

Anyway, back on topic. I am against the war in Iraq (as most of you political thread veterans know). However, I do support the troops and hope they come home safely after getting the job done. Without this, the region (and possibly the world) will be in a bit of trouble in the near future. So, despite my anger at Bush and Co., I still wish the coalition the best in Fallujah and hope they can make miracles and make the region a bit more stable.

Red Horse

Reaction score
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard among the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae MD (1872-1918) Canadian Army
Written in the spring of 1915 at Ypres.

To all around the world who have fought and are fighting for the cause of freedom (real freedom--where all of us are able to think what we like, and be agreed with, disputed, or, yes, even ridiculed, but not tortured or killed), for that my undying and heartfelt gratitude.

Thank you,
Alan.

Texan

The Gunhand
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
To al those that served, are serving, or will serve may GOD bless you.

T304753A.JPG

Here resit in
Honored glory
An American
Soldier
Known but to God

Semper Fi

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Red Horse said:
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard among the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae MD (1872-1918) Canadian Army
Written in the spring of 1915 at Ypres.

You beat me to it. Lest we forget

CoonLa

Reaction score
On the 11th hour on the 11th day during the 11th month I want to drop a THANK YOU to all that have and are SERVING there is no better way to honor those before you!!!!
This is for all those who have fought for THIER respective countries!!!