• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Do you think you are predjudiced?

Do you think you are predjudiced?

• Total voters

egotripaholic

Reaction score
The Young One said:
oscaraustin said:
Hehe, TYO, dego is my favorite slur. I don't think I have ever used it directed at an Italian, except for one I went to high school with, but it was actually his middle name. (We have reason to believe his father was horribly drunk when filling out the name shit, he was Irish, and when realizing his son would be Italian threw down "Damn my kids a Dego") Italians have exceedingly many amounts of slurs, nobody likes you guys very much I guess... Dego though, and not using it as to offend, it just roles off the tongue nicely.

see, i read that and my rage didnt mount towards oscar, i laughed :lol:

the rage inside me did and he is lucky i dont know where he lives or id break his kneecaps with a baseball bat. j/k,but not really

ok i am kidding, but making fun of someone no matter is considered prejudice. unless they laugh then its considered comedy. thats why i always solve things with violence instead of words, because words dont get you anywhere anymore. Calling someone a "hatefull" or "prejudiced" word can get you in trouble just like throwing a punch

Reverend James

Reaction score
It is sort of funny how people view prejudice, expecially with regards to their own actions. We had the debate in Sociology class in my third year and a girl in my class said that she was not prejudiced. Her defense was that she could not be prejudiced because she only dated "black" guys and she was white. Apparently, to her, prejudice is only judging someone negatively because of outward appearances and not accepting them based on those same appearances.

I am just as fucking prejudiced as the next person.

moxdevil

Reaction score
i am definitely prejudiced :D my understanding is that we all make distinctions between ourselves and others- perhaps not fair ones in some cases- but hell we need to keep at arms length those we think may harm us- its natural. also i differentiate between prejudice- for me the thinking, and discrimination- the acting upon.

i certainly don't go along with 'each to their own'- it would be a mental asylum, and i might in alot of peoples eyes be the first one committed :lol:

quixotically

Reaction score
yes absolutely. and yes, everyone is...by reason that it's impossible to like every body. that word is very abstract. consider that if i think anything badly about a person who just cut me off on the road....i am being....

good question.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Well, this is an interesting thread, innit? I appreciate the people here being so honest, so I'll be honest also.

Yes, in some ways, I believe I am prejudiced. I live in the US, and I feel most people here are prejudiced from a young age, but it's an internal type of prejudice. Let's just make an obvious example and say it's a white/black thing. Outwardly, in my real life, I have had a lot of black friends who I've gotten along with just great. But there's always an unspoken knowledge that you're not the same. We are products of not only our heredity, but also of our environment. We are affected from a young age by our peers. And unfortunately, we and our peers have been raised with a distrust of anyone different than we are. So when I was a kid, being white, other kids would call blacks "niggers", and so did I. And if a black person makes me mad, or crosses me in some way, I have to admit I will still use the word.

I'm trying to be honest, here, and I hope if any black members are reading this, that they appreciate that. Because it's my suspicion that as black people, you have done the same thing towards whites. But even though that deep seated racism exists in me, and most people, I believe...still, in practice I have tried to overcome it. I have had, and do have, black friends that I have loved like any other friend. I would never dream of insulting them by making any references to their color, nor would I with Asians, or Mexicans, or anyone else. But unfortunately, there is a deep seated regognition within all of us that always makes us aware of our differences. I don't think that can be basically erased from our psyche, no matter how we react to other races. So, I guess tolerance is the key, here. We may not like bums, or dirty addicts, or physically handicapped people may make us uncomfortable, but logically we remind ourselves that they're people, just like us, and try to rise above our baser instincts to embrace them as fellow travellers through this acid trip we call life.

scoundrel

Reaction score
Great post Brian: that's a very truthful analysis I think of where most people are, no matter where they are from or what colour, sexual orientation or disability etc that they have, if they are as brave and honest as Brian has been. As for prejudices in their broadest sense, we all know why they are wrong, but do we know why we still cling to them?

In order to rise above a prejudice, you have to think! Thinking is one of most difficult things we ever do and we save energy by thinking as little as possible. By falling back on prejudices, we often save ourselves a lot of effort and reach the same decision we would have reached by genuinely thinking. It is a form of laziness. But sometimes by following our prejudices we make mistakes which honest thinking would have prevented. We are never worse off because we thought about a decision than if we made the decision without thinking, except that it involved an effort we didn't want to make.

Brianwp

Reaction score
In order to rise above a prejudice, you have to think! Thinking is one of most difficult things we ever do and we save energy by thinking as little as possible.

Right, scounds! That reminds me of one of my favorite quotations which I will attempt to quote from memory...(because I'm too lazy to look it up:lol:)...

"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort...to avoid the real labor of thinking".

Sir Joshua Reynolds