• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Make a mistake and this board will call you an "idiot" until the end of time.

Universe Man

Reaction score
Make a mistake and this board will call you an "idiot" until the end of time.

Post a comment in a content thread and your post will be removed (that in itself is dumb) and put in a thread titled "Welcome to the Idiots Hall of Shame."

Load your CP and there is your infraction, calling you an idiot. You can collapse the infractions window, but that doesn't persist.

The infraction never goes away.

So, in summary, any user who makes a single mistake will be treated to the board calling him an idiot forever.

Just sayin'.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have a problem with it, you can fuck off.

Cman

Exp0sed Board Member
Staff member
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
Yup.

It's not like we have a whole forum dedicated to explaining the posting rules or anything.

BooBooTheBear

Reaction score
Yup.

It's not like we have a whole forum dedicated to explaining the posting rules or anything.

It doesn't matter how extensive the rulebook is if it is inconsistently applied and rudely enforced. The rule for not posting comments in the content thread and confining them to discussion threads has a purpose and that's fine. But why can't mods simply move a comment from a content thread to the discussion section where it belongs and explain why to the member? People make mistakes every day. There's no need to be rude about it. Responding directly is a natural action we are conditioned to. A rule that applies only to this environment may not stick or even register at first and some people need a little time to get the hang of things. That's just human nature. Infractions and penalties should be a path of last resort not the first step taken, and applied to those who continually flout rules or take an abusive or offensve position themselves. Similarly, conversations [and they should be conversations. It's a community not a Reich]should at least be civil. There's no reason to approach everything dictatorially or start off from a position of abuse. That's not moderation it's bullying. Similarly there are rules that are inconsistently applied across the board and knowing whether something is OK to post is a crapshoot. Go through the thread of removed posts and you'll see things that are like many other posts in other threads all over the board. Trying to work out why they've been removed is futile. It's this person's judgment opposed to that, and there are no means to discuss or reason with decisions, which is blatantly unfair. Banging a rulebook that has not been applied to someone else is unjust.
Why should any new member want to contribute if there's every chance he'll be infracted or deleted out of hand? Some people learn best by doing and [imo] moderators should guide first and enforce last, and all should apply rules consitently across the board. But thats just me and I guess there'll be any number of others who'll queue to tell me to shut up and fuck off [see above].
Whether we agree entirely with the original poster or not he has a legitimate point in some ways and to not recognise that and at least discuss things sensibly is to exist in a state of active denial.
The responses he's received only serve to underline at least a part of the point he's making.

Last edited:

shamwooow

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how extensive the rulebook is if it is inconsistently applied and rudely enforced. The rule for not posting comments in the content thread and confining them to discussion threads has a purpose and that's fine. But why can't mods simply move a comment from a content thread to the discussion section where it belongs and explain why to the member? People make mistakes every day. There's no need to be rude about it. Responding directly is a natural action we are conditioned to. A rule that applies only to this environment may not stick or even register at first and some people need a little time to get the hang of things. That's just human nature. Infractions and penalties should be a path of last resort not the first step taken, and applied to those who continually flout rules or take an abusive or offensve position themselves. Similarly, conversations [and they should be conversations. It's a community not a Reich]should at least be civil. There's no reason to approach everything dictatorially or start off from a position of abuse. That's not moderation it's bullying. Similarly there are rules that are inconsistently applied across the board and knowing whether something is OK to post is a crapshoot. Go through the thread of removed posts and you'll see things that are like many other posts in other threads all over the board. Trying to work out why they've been removed is futile. It's this person's judgment opposed to that, and there are no means to discuss or reason with decisions, which is blatantly unfair. Banging a rulebook that has not been applied to someone else is unjust.
Why should any new member want to contribute if there's every chance he'll be infracted or deleted out of hand? Some people learn best by doing and [imo] moderators should guide first and enforce last, and all should apply rules consitently across the board. But thats just me and I guess there'll be any number of others who'll queue to tell me to shut up and fuck off [see above].
Whether we agree entirely with the original poster or not he has a legitimate point in some ways and to not recognise that and at least discuss things sensibly is to exist in a state of active denial.
The responses he's received only serve to underline at least a part of the point he's making.
Plenty of other places on the internet to have your hand held and get a pat on the head.

sydbarrett

Reaction score
Well said. Aside from two very cool Mods in Yakovitch and Luddite, mostly all I've seen from the people that run this very fine forum, and the people that contribute to it, is vitriol. From the get-go, this forum pretty much does it's best to discourage people from posting, something I've never seen elsewhere on the net. Strange, really, but I guess when you have such great content, and some 100,000+ members, you can act any way you like. Case in point: the OP of this thread had a valid point, and he got needlessly slammed by two members/Admins who's work I had respect for...still scratching my balding head over that.

The funny thing is that we're talking about celebrity pictures, and clips - the most vapid things on earth - nothing more.
:beer:

lnatan25

Reaction score
Have to agree with both sides, but at the end of the day, are you here for a "community" or to fap? Fap away. So you have an "idiot" in the profile, who cares.

upnorth17

Staff Alumn
Reaction score
So I'm probably going to be sorry for responding, but I wanted to give a few thoughts.

The vast majority of the moderators here are very conscientious and do their best to be consistent and civil. There are some fairly reasonable and well-defined rules for the forum that were set up by the founders and have evolved slightly over time. As has already been noted, there is a prominent forum that is just for those rules. I think it is reasonable to expect newcomers to read the rules and be at least generally familiar with them before getting involved.

I like to relate infractions to cards in soccer/football. A yellow card, or first infraction, is a warning. It lets you know your behavior isn't acceptable and you shouldn't do it again. When I give an infraction, I usually point out that the user should familiarize himself with the rules. If he break the rules again, during a period of time, then he gets a second infraction, or red card, and gets to sit out for a bit :)

We have threads for images and videos. We have separate threads for comments and discussions. This was purposefully set up. When someone makes a comment in an image or video thread, they should get an infraction. Not only is it in the rules, but a cursory look around whatever thread you are in would make it blatantly obvious that no one else is commenting there. That is one of the main reasons why I always give infractions for comments. The user is pretty oblivious to what is going on if he is posting comments in certain threads.

As for the original post: So you have an infraction in your CP. What difference does it make? No one else sees it. And do you really think people are judging you personally because you are in a thread called the Idiots Hall of Shame that almost no one reads? You are being a bit overly sensitive.

There are a large volume of posts on this forum. The moderators are pretty busy checking them all out, moving things around, etc. If I had to stop and move every single comment from an image/video thread to a comment thread every time I found one, my already limited free time would be non-existent. And we'd be saying "Heck with the rules, go ahead and do whatever you want and we'll just make it right."

I don't agree with Kaboom telling you to fuck off if you don't like it. However, you know the rules and you know the ramifications for not following the rules. If you want to abide by them, then we are happy to have you as part of our community. If you don't like them, for whatever reason, and don't want to follow them, then either don't come here and start your own forum with your own rules, or be prepared to suffer the consequences here.

Last edited:

sydbarrett

Reaction score
I'm glad you responded, Upnorth17, it is appreciated. Also appreciated is the thankless efforts you and the other mods employ to keep this a great forum (the best celeb forum on the net). I understand the frustrations that come with being part of the Mod Squad, and sometimes it might be easier banning a member than having to deal with them (in my mind, I've already banned at least 10 members lol), but people screw up, you know? Like I mentioned, two Mods previously reached out to me, and they both have my total respect, as do you now, for taking the time out of your day to shed light on this situation, rather than exacerbating it even further.

Well said, thank you.

jonboy

Informer
Reaction score
I'm glad you responded, Upnorth17, it is appreciated. Also appreciated is the thankless efforts you and the other mods employ to keep this a great forum (the best celeb forum on the net). I understand the frustrations that come with being part of the Mod Squad, and sometimes it might be easier banning a member than having to deal with them (in my mind, I've already banned at least 10 members lol), but people screw up, you know? Like I mentioned, two Mods previously reached out to me, and they both have my total respect, as do you now, for taking the time out of your day to shed light on this situation, rather than exacerbating it even further.

Well said, thank you.

I suffered from the rules in my mid posting here, got a one week ban but learned from it and became a respected member, I endorse the current rule book!

Universe Man

Reaction score
My point is, what would motivate someone to call everyone who posts something in the wrong place an "idiot"? Forever? Someone who is trying to participate? I guess it's the same thing that would motivate people in this thread to get pissy at me for questioning that. But I don't know what it is. Just seems like there's a lot of needless anger and childish insults flying around.

KABOOM

I'm just here for the tits
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Honestly, if you didn't bring any attention to it, no one would have ever noticed or cared. A lot of people have had infractions, warnings, bannings and such and nobody really remembers it because no one gives much of a crap. Learn from your mistake and move on or don't learn from it and move on.

choppes

Mr. Admin guy
Staff Alumn
Reaction score
I'll get in on this as well. I've been a poster here as well as a mod and an admin. Early on I had some of my posts thrown into JIHAD and other dark recesses of the forum, because, well, I didn't follow posting rules which were rather clearly spelled out and readily available. This board is successful in large part because of those rules and the clarity in posting that they lead to.

I learned from my early missteps and became a better poster. Eventually, I was moved to respected member, then mod and finally admin. It's like anything else in life, you screw up, then learn from that.

And if you look hard enough, you'll find that pretty much every person on the board, including the mods, started out with some posts getting tossed onto the junk heap. It happens. But if you stick with this place, you'll learn and someday have a blue, green or other fancy color on your name. You'll be famous and chicks will dig you.

Now I must return to my cave before I'm caught out in the daylight.

nookies

Reaction score
Honestly I have to say, some of the mods are a bit too quick to issue them out. As in within 30 seconds of a post. Most of my infractions have been due to me making a mistake while copy+pasting the wrong type of image code, resulting in it screwing it and not displaying the images. I instantly refresh and notice the screw up and during attempting to fix it "You have received an infraction". Sometimes you just got laugh at it I guess :S

LarryO

somewhat respected
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I have to say, some of the mods are a bit too quick to issue them out. As in within 30 seconds of a post. Most of my infractions have been due to me making a mistake while copy+pasting the wrong type of image code, resulting in it screwing it and not displaying the images. I instantly refresh and notice the screw up and during attempting to fix it "You have received an infraction". Sometimes you just got laugh at it I guess :S
Click 'Preview Post' before 'Submit Reply'.

I never liked publicly insulting members for mistakes or rule violations; but it is a tradition at NCF since 2005. Please do not take this too personally.