• NudeCelebForum has been moved from the vBulletin to the XenForo platform.
    For additional information, see: NCF Moved To XenForo
  • New threads will not be visible until approved by a moderator.

• Welcome to the forum!
    You must activate your account in order to post and view all forum content
    Please check your email inbox & spam folders for our activation email, then follow the link to validate your email address.
    Contact Us if you are having difficulty posting or viewing forum content.
  • You are viewing our forum as a guest, with limited access.
    By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.
    Membership is absolutely FREE! Registration is FAST & SIMPLE.
    Register Today to join the first, most comprehensive and friendliest communities of nude celebrity fans on the net!

Triggering altered states without drugs

OCC-402

Reaction score
I have been reading recently that it is possible to trigger alternate states of reality without drugs, I knew before that it is possible to achieve a higher state of mind through meditation. Through some practice I have found center through mediation, but what I have been reading lately there are allegedly other ways to go about this.

A few in particular

Joyce's Finnegan’s Wake,
Some believe reading this experimental novel aloud can trigger altered states

Breathing
Hyperventilation can cause a brief, uncontrolled altered state. However in a more sophisticated approach, proper breathing technique is the cornerstone to all forms of meditation, but sometimes breathing is the complete focus of the technique. In fact Breath work is an entire field in holistic medicine

Strobe Lights
This is an interesting one, as not only does it create a feeling of unreality, but also it has a concrete physical effects on the brain. This is evidenced by the fact that it causes seizures in people with epilepsy

Music
Whether it's loud crunching thrash metal that makes you fell like you've taken speed, or deep ethereal trance that lifts you out of your body, music has myriad ways of changing your state of being. And that’s just from listening to it. Playing it can take you into a zone where nothing but you and your music exists.

Touching, sex and orgasm
Physical contact with other people releases endorphins, which explains the pleasurable sensations of massage, cuddling and sex. Orgasm releases a cascade of endorphins all by itself, as well as the hormone Oxytocin. Not much is known about oxytocin, but it seems to increase interpersonal bonding and feelings of closeness
Besides inciting the release of these hormones, the orgasm itself is simply a transcendent experience. A plateau of another level of consciousness is reached, a place where ego cannot tread. There’s a reason that the French call it petit mort, "little death." Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism all have branches that seek to use orgasm (or withholding of orgasm) as a means of channeling life-force energy into heightened spirituality

Iceberg

Reaction score
OCC-402 said:
Whether it's loud crunching thrash metal that makes you feel like you've taken speed

This feeling is great!!! I do that all the time and it really gets the adrenaline flowing!

It's also great to do while working on an essay or research paper, because it keeps you going until it's done.

(If you are questioning the reasoning of doing this because you are worried about your grades suffering, I've got a 90% and 93% on two papers for which I used this method. This isn't to say that everyone would have the same success, but it works for me, generally.)

Onimusha

Reaction score
ever heard of astral travel? tried it a few times, once i got pretty close.. (the tingling feeling all over my body) but this made me freak out and interrupted the session. i might try again someday.

OCC-402

Reaction score
[font=&quot]
Onimusha said:
ever heard of astral travel? tried it a few times, once i got pretty close.. (the tingling feeling all over my body) but this made me freak out and interrupted the session. i might try again someday.

I've gotten close a few times through mediation, once I felt as if I was floating above my body. I'm going to continue with that and see what I can do, but I think the real way is to know the world does not exist, only how you perceive it. Thus it follows that, if the world is your own personal delusion you could be anywhere if you are centered in knowing you can't change the game but you can alter how you perceive it[/font]

tima

Reaction score
What about those capsule things that block out all sound and light and you float in water - as in the movie 'Altered States' (also saw it once on 'Frasier').

Just watch out you don't backwards evolve yourself ;)

The description you have for music would fit certain movies too.

I definitely agree with the 'playing music' and the 'zone' statement - I've experienced that with and without drugs ;)

zabdart

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me. The opening title sequence of Hitchcock's "Vertigo" works much better. Must be the Bernard Herrmann music that does it.

Brianwp

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw shit moving a little, and such. But after years of pot, LSD, cocaine and heroin, it just don't stack up..

Duke E. Pyle

Reaction score
If feeling dizzy means high, then yeah it works. You know you're looking at it correctly when you see a spinning 3d ball in the center.